New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-07-2017, 08:16 PM   #23
f80NJ17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 X3M Comp

Garage List
2022 BMW X3M   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Huh, wasn't it proven they messed w the balls? Why bother if it does 0? Such a silly comment.

Like I said again, couldn't care less who won but it's a shame Atl gifted them due to fu after fu. They had this...
Nothing was gifted. 25pt comeback wasnt gifted..
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2463.00
      02-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #24
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Dudes, I don't even have a dog in this fight, but your denials are silly. It doesn't matter what the ball pressures were but they were altered and it's a placebo effect on TB as obviously he likes his balls in a certain way. I'm no hater, the guy's a football god but I call it like I see it.

Also, *gifted* as in ATL choked, *then* queue the amazing comeback. No choke, no comeback. Just try being objective, some of you rabid fans see hate where there's none, I know cuz I listen to Bill Burr all the time and he's freaking biased towards the Pats.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #25
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Best comeback of all time. Pats wore them down. The Pats consistently do bad after a bye week, and last bye week it took until he third quarter for them to snap back into it. They played the Seahawks after their last bye before that and lost.

We witnessed Atlanta falling flat because the Pats outlasted them. They saved some for the end of that marathon. Conditioning and experience prevailed. Not hate.
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2463.00
      02-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #26
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

How did they wear them down exactly? Making them somehow choose poor plays? Short yardage and they insist to keep throwing? Didn't ATL even have a shotgun formation on one of those plays? That's just unnecessarily risky and failed to use their RB who was so effective. Not to mention constantly failing to run the clock? Easy 3 ends up in turnover.

ATL blew it if one is being honest.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 12:50 PM   #27
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
How did they wear them down exactly? Making them somehow choose poor plays? Short yardage and they insist to keep throwing? Didn't ATL even have a shotgun formation on one of those plays? That's just unnecessarily risky and failed to use their RB who was so effective. Not to mention constantly failing to run the clock? Easy 3 ends up in turnover.

ATL blew it if one is being honest.
They choked but everything has to be perfect for the pats to comeback.

3 TDs with Two - 2pt convertion and a FG. Only elite QBs can pull that off

You think the balls just magically land on the recv'ers hands (well except the edelman catch haha). Lol you guys are such haters
Appreciate 2
Taskmaster2463.00
larryn2145.50
      02-08-2017, 01:00 PM   #28
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Dudes, I don't even have a dog in this fight, but your denials are silly. It doesn't matter what the ball pressures were but they were altered and it's a placebo effect on TB as obviously he likes his balls in a certain way. I'm no hater, the guy's a football god but I call it like I see it.

Also, *gifted* as in ATL choked, *then* queue the amazing comeback. No choke, no comeback. Just try being objective, some of you rabid fans see hate where there's none, I know cuz I listen to Bill Burr all the time and he's freaking biased towards the Pats.
Like I said, if TB play poorly after being busted for deflated balls then I agree he cheated...but look, is been over two years and hes playing at the highest level with regular balls.

Dont be silly here, TB can throw pingpong balls and still goat
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2463.00
      02-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #29
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

You're just silly and not objective here. If ATL got 11 they'd be no amazing comebk. How they got 0 on that drive shows they blew it. Again w the balls it's all placebo and that's not the pt. You guys are just blind and totally subjective to the pt of them doing no wrong whatsoever. No one hating but just stating clear facts which is ATL screwing up SO badly that it gave TB the chance to do that, yet you act as if I discredited that, which shows failing to debate the actual pt. Another Bill Burr lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #30
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Lets just all agree that it took a choke from atlanta and a perfect couple of drives from the pats to win this one, and call it a day. Pats won, it's over, and we are a dynasty. Have we cheated, sure, along with every single nfl team. Deflategate is very much debatable, no concrete proof who was behind it or who knew it was going on. Brady fell on the sword to stop the distractions and focus on his family (mom was getting chemo). Did he probably know about it, yes, but until I see proof theres no point arguing. Report was inconclusive, one judge overturned & the other upheld. Doesn't matter what pressure he's playing with, he knows how to win.

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #31
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Lets just all agree that it took a choke from atlanta and a perfect couple of drives from the pats to win this one, and call it a day. Pats won, it's over, and we are a dynasty. Have we cheated, sure, along with every single nfl team. Deflategate is very much debatable, no concrete proof who was behind it or who knew it was going on. Brady fell on the sword to stop the distractions and focus on his family (mom was getting chemo).

Doesn't matter what pressure he's playing with, he knows how to win.
Totally agree w/ everything you said above; I don't wanna get into the Deflategate thing. Congrats to the Pats. TB is a robot, unstoppable. Oh, and best wishes for his mom.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #32
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Deflategate was a witch hunt to punish the Patriots for being good - nothing more. It just made them look even better, which the delicious irony of it.

Last edited by Taskmaster; 02-08-2017 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 3
f80NJ17210.00
larryn2145.50
bosstones1144.00
      02-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #33
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post
Lets just all agree that it took a choke from atlanta and a perfect couple of drives from the pats to win this one, and call it a day. Pats won, it's over, and we are a dynasty. Have we cheated, sure, along with every single nfl team. Deflategate is very much debatable, no concrete proof who was behind it or who knew it was going on. Brady fell on the sword to stop the distractions and focus on his family (mom was getting chemo). Did he probably know about it, yes, but until I see proof theres no point arguing. Report was inconclusive, one judge overturned & the other upheld. Doesn't matter what pressure he's playing with, he knows how to win.
Fuck that.. perfect couple of drives? 31 unanswered points and that statement don't remotely add up anywhere in the universe. Stop placating that hater. Tell it like it is, like you try to do in the rest of your response.

He wasn't cheating. The world saw Goodell for what he is; a little man trying to be king, poorly, by pushing buttons on the wrong people. It's almost like he wants to be like Vince McMahon. They booed him off the stage, deservedly so. #GOAT prevailed and stuffed it down that dillweed's throat, which is exactly where it belonged.
Appreciate 3
      02-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #34
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Fuck that.. perfect couple of drives? 31 unanswered points and that statement don't remotely add up anywhere in the universe. Stop placating that hater. Tell it like it is, like you try to do in the rest of your response.

He wasn't cheating. The world saw Goodell for what he is; a little man trying to be king, poorly, by pushing buttons on the wrong people. It's almost like he wants to be like Vince McMahon. They booed him off the stage, deservedly so. #GOAT prevailed and stuffed it down that dillweed's throat, which is exactly where it belonged.
See, I was trying to bridge the gap and keep everyone happy. But I like your approach better! The hate is unbelievable, but like you said, fuck that. Any brady/pats hater can kiss these 5 rings, and we'll be back looking for number six next February!

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 2
Taskmaster2463.00
larryn2145.50