New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #23
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Drives: F20 M140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDriver
Humm... let's see...

Sworn Law Enforcement Offiver v. Spoiled 17 Year Old

I am thinking there isn't a problem with the cops...
I don't call myself Spoiled... I ain't americanized, I come from a korean culture which they're more Argentinian than korean. I was born in Argentina and my parents lived there for more than half of their lifes. All Korean-Argentinian parents that have enough money wont let their kid work for whatever they want. All their parents want is to concentrate in studies.

You can call me whatever you want just get the story straight!.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #24
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

you're insurance is going to sky rocket since you're only 17 w/ a bmw and 2 points
how about, would i get the record for getting suspended from hs 2 times within 2 weeks?[/QUOTE]

I might get hooked up by insurance since I know a person who works for AAA and Allstate.

I dont go to HS anymore. I graduated early
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #25
RedFireBeemer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2006 Red 330i

Sounds to me like someone needs to stop blaming the cops and start taking responsibility for their actions....
Premium Package
Steptronic
Xenon Lights
Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #26
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Funny thing was... MY MOM WAS WITH ME IN THE DAMN CAR!!! AND MY MOM TRIED TALKING TO THE COP.... WHAT THE COP DID WAS IGNORE THE SHIT OUTTA HER!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #27
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: jet black 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
I might get hooked up by insurance since I know a person who works for AAA and Allstate.

I dont go to HS anymore. I graduated early
you're getting hooked up when you're paying 5000+ for insurance? i dont think so...

cops do pull people over because of their race, the cars they drive, and shit, but in your case you were pulled over because u were speeding. plus the cop wouldn't know what u were since he/she was behind you, if u passed them up then you pretty much asked for it.

btw: i graduated early too
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:24 PM   #28
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt157
you're getting hooked up when you're paying 5000+ for insurance? i dont think so...

cops do pull people over because of their race, the cars they drive, and shit, but in your case you were pulled over because u were speeding. plus the cop wouldn't know what u were since he/she was behind you, if u passed them up then you pretty much asked for it.

btw: i graduated early too
I got pulled over by bikers. And I'm getting hooked up by another insurance in July since I already paid my full year. Also I was with an e46 loaner. And all the times I got pulled over they couldnt see me because I have tinted windows, so they dont know me until they pull me over and thats when the ticket gets started.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #29
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got pulled over by bikers. And I'm getting hooked up by another insurance in July since I already paid my full year. Also I was with an e46 loaner. And all the times I got pulled over they couldnt see me because I have tinted windows, so they dont know me until they pull me over and thats when the ticket gets started.
getting pulled over by bikers and cruisers are no difference, they're going to give you a ticket either way unless you're lucky. i got many warning by biker cops, but then i was also riding a bike , but thats another story.
u just said they cop didn't pull u over because you're a young asian kid, so dont say they did.

not flaming, just stating facts

just admit you f'd up and lets move on, and just have a hot girl drive you around next time
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:48 PM   #30
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
getting pulled over by bikers and cruisers are no difference, they're going to give you a ticket either way unless you're lucky. i got many warning by biker cops, but then i was also riding a bike , but thats another story.
u just said they cop didn't pull u over because you're a young asian kid, so dont say they did.

not flaming, just stating facts

just admit you f'd up and lets move on, and just have a hot girl drive you around next time
I never said they were being racist. But Maybe they were, when my mom tried talking to the cop he fuking ignored her. And when the other girl did the same shit some other cop just let her go though.
Btw the cop were parked.

I CANT GET MY LICENSE SUSPENDEEEEEEED!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:52 PM   #31
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: ;D

You can't really blame YOUR mistake on the cop. It sucks that even though OTHER people made an illegal turn and got away with it and you didnt, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyway, it's a learning experience. Just because everyone else is doing something illegal does not mean you need to hop on the band wagon and ASSUME you can do the same and not get caught. Assuming makes an ass out of you.

So stop complaining. It's sad you got a ticket but you'll get over it. It's your own fault, the cop was only doing his job. If you don't want to fit the spoiled teenager stereotype, then stop acting like it. You complaining about something that was your own fault makes the rest of us teenagers look bad. ;x

Yeah, so, good luck with the insurance thing
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 11:57 PM   #32
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Funny thing was... MY MOM WAS WITH ME IN THE DAMN CAR!!! AND MY MOM TRIED TALKING TO THE COP.... WHAT THE COP DID WAS IGNORE THE SHIT OUTTA HER!

She's your mother, not his... what do you expect??
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:20 AM   #33
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
You can't really blame YOUR mistake on the cop. It sucks that even though OTHER people made an illegal turn and got away with it and you didnt, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyway, it's a learning experience. Just because everyone else is doing something illegal does not mean you need to hop on the band wagon and ASSUME you can do the same and not get caught. Assuming makes an ass out of you.

So stop complaining. It's sad you got a ticket but you'll get over it. It's your own fault, the cop was only doing his job. If you don't want to fit the spoiled teenager stereotype, then stop acting like it. You complaining about something that was your own fault makes the rest of us teenagers look bad. ;x

Yeah, so, good luck with the insurance thing

I'm not trying to make us teenagers look bad. I didn't know it was illegal, because i've seen a lot of cars doing it. It wasn't like I saw cars doing it once in a while. Like 3 cars straight went that way. I think Imma move back South until my Shit gets straight!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:22 AM   #34
krndanic307
Captain
Argentina
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom

Well still respect is respect. That makes the cop look like an ASSSS-HOLE.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #35
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
you're insurance is going to sky rocket since you're only 17 w/ a bmw and 2 points
how about, would i get the record for getting suspended from hs 2 times within 2 weeks?

I dont go to HS anymore. I graduated early[/QUOTE]
hook up? i doubt it. you insurance agent will have to forward your driving record to headquarters and they will figure it out. i doubt someone is willing to risk there company for you. unless your dad is the owner of an insurance company.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #36
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm not trying to make us teenagers look bad. I didn't know it was illegal, because i've seen a lot of cars doing it. It wasn't like I saw cars doing it once in a while. Like 3 cars straight went that way. I think Imma move back South until my Shit gets straight!
Like I said, just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean you should totally assume it's okay. Now that you know what you did wrong, you can just be more careful in the future when driving in places you where you are uncertain of the rules.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:36 AM   #37
ZenDriver
Do Not Taunt Zen Driver.
Rep

Drives: 325i w/ MT, ZSP in Graphite

Quote:
Well still respect is respect. That makes the cop look like an ASSSS-HOLE.
Well, you see, the cop realized that your mother raised a spoiled, speeding, 17 year old who is convinced that nothing is his fault. Why should he care about what she had to say in the matter?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:45 AM   #38
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep

why were u speeding when you mom was in the car anyways?

enroutte- how u doing?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:47 AM   #39
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
why were u speeding when you mom was in the car anyways?

enroutte- how u doing?
he made an illegal right turn......
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 12:49 AM   #40
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDriver
Well, you see, the cop realized that your mother raised a spoiled, speeding, 17 year old who is convinced that nothing is his fault. Why should he care about what she had to say in the matter?

Exactly. I think you really need to realize that most 17 year olds are lucky to even have their parents buy them a car, let alone a BMW. You should be thankful and learn to stop whining about how you got a ticket when it was entirely your own fault.

kt157, I'm greattt. THANKS. How are you?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 01:16 AM   #41
BMW Lawman
Supreme Commander of Allied Forces
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon
I don't think it's entirely your fault. Let's face it. Some cops use racial profiling (hopefully not BMW Lawman). Seeing that you were a young Asian driving a BMW (which he was probably drooling over in jealousy), he may have given you a ticket. Just be careful next time.

You're probably right.....somewhere and sometimes there are those out there that have no right to wear a badge and enforce the laws. Those that profile based on a persons race disgust me and most other decent and caring people. Thankfully, they are an extremely tiny portion of those out there who serve the public. The only profiling I have ever done has been based on the shittiness of ones driving....the shittier it is, the more apt you are to get a ticket. No offense krndanic307, but from what you have described, you're just a shitty driver that is getting deserved tickets.

Oh....and a little FYI for all you radar detector fanatics..... if you have a radar detector on your dash when you're pulled over, that's an almost guaranteed ticket for whatever reason it is you were pulled over, whether it was speeding or not. Why? We ain't dumb, we knows how many times yous have gotten away with speeding before, and in all likelyhood, yous is one of those shitty drivers I was talking about above.
      11-17-2005, 02:10 AM   #42
EuroRocket
Rep

Drives: BMW SOON!

Quote:
I never said they were being racist. But Maybe they were, when my mom tried talking to the cop he fuking ignored her. And when the other girl did the same shit some other cop just let her go though.
Btw the cop were parked.

I CANT GET MY LICENSE SUSPENDEEEEEEED!!!!
maybe you should pay attention the the road signs more? Well your lucky u drive a bimmer. I always wanted to. but didnt have the money! I drive a volvo 240 wagon. with rear windows tinted like limo tints. I never got a ticket, esp my license plate lights are out too.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 02:17 AM   #43
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroRocket
I drive a volvo 240 wagon. with rear windows tinted like limo tints. I never got a ticket, esp my license plate lights are out too.
That was a smart move big guy. Tell BWM Lawman exactly how to identify your car! Watch out, you shitty driver! j/k
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2005, 04:22 AM   #44
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom

Yeah, I can just see the mother as inflaming the situation because at the end of the day the cop has heard this 1000 times before, and s/he just wants someone to take responsiblity not deny something that is obviously wrong.

Cop it sweet and you may get off with a warning.

Here we have more speed cameras and cops are rare, because my car is a company car I have the option of paying an extra $300 on top of the fine and not having the points recorded against my license. The $300 is classified as a fine against my company for failing to disclose the driver, but after expiation of the fine, the matter is settled.

I did this one for a stupid fine where I was speeding up on a 6 lane road that had a dumb speed limit of 50km/h to see a classic Audi quattro, and then flash! 70 in a 50 zone...

The option is expensive, but worth it if you are going to loose your license.