New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-27-2021, 07:31 PM   #9197
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Honestly, without joking this time (rare for me), hope that's not true and you get good news.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, there is an individual on here who also has a really bad heart too - I think (but I don't know) that it was vreihen16.

He may have some tips for you if you are in trouble - based on what he voluntarily eats for breakfast, I've concluded his will to live is nothing short of remarkable. I'd have bit the big one long ago if faced with his dietary choices.
I hope so, too. Without getting into my medical history it's to the point where we're meeting with a family law attorney to discuss an intrafamily adoption should things go south I get upset just typing this out. So I'm going to get off here now and enjoy my kid while she's ignoring me and watching Netflix.

Y'all have a good night.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:18 PM   #9198
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Haven’t posted since the Truman Administration so figured I’ll throw some blast from the past episodes.

Late 2003/early 2004 I was at a club in New Paltz (2 hours north of NYC) with a friend of mine. He knew some girls at the club and started mingling with them. One of them seemed to be ‘coming on too strong’ (Sara knows all about this). I mean the girl was cute but IDK I wasn’t feelin’ her that night. We talked for a bit and wanted me to go to her house but declined. However, we did exchanged numbers.

Girl texted me like 20 minutes later after I left saying she wanted some and wanted to come over my place. Told her I was tired haha. Girl kept on insisting and insisting which kinda ticked me off. However, I caved in and she actually picked me up and went to her place. She was making these weird moaning noises that was so hard not to laugh. Her grunts were a total turn off and never saw her again. She kept on texting me but I gave her excuses as to why I wasn’t around, this and that and blah blah blah. Ended up blocking her.

About a week later, same club/same friend and it was ladies night so the club was packed. While standing in line a girl struck up a convo with me and my friend. Wasn’t sure if she was into me or my friend (was actually hoping she was into my friend as he’s always had bad luck with the ladies). However, she was latched onto me. We go inside and she’s all up in my ear talking up a storm. Felt bad as her friend wasn’t into my friend so he decided to leave shortly so I was stuck with this girl. She lived in Queens and wanted to see me sometime. Drove down to Queens maybe a few days later and hung out. Fireworks happened but wasn’t in the mood for future long distance booty calls. So that ended then and there.

For those keeping score at home, I met my wife at a different club as well a few months later. She was the one who approached me as believe it or not I have always been shy. I swear, I would still be a virgin now if girls didn’t approach.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615268.00
Dang3r12512.00
King Rudi13154.00
      04-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #9199
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, there is an individual on here who also has a really bad heart too - I think (but I don't know) that it was vreihen16.
They sent me home to die in 2016, after seven weeks in the regional trauma center. I didn't know about the "to die" part until two years later, when my cardiologist had to figure out how to do a step-down of the 24/7 IV medication with no FDA-published procedure because I was too stubborn to die and the medication was only approved for 72 hours of use except in terminal patients. The national company managing the IV infusion and providing my home nurse visits also had to draft a disconnect procedure for their own procedures book, because they apparently didn't have one.

While I was in the hospital, Dr. Doom wanted to install an LVAD as a bridge to a heart transplant. I refused both options, and will leave you do the research on LVADs if they are talking about it for your condition.

My plumbing is 100% clear, and I have no valve problems or ever had a heart attack. Just years of fluid retention, that drowned my heart to the point where the muscles could only do 15% EF. I'm on heavy doses of diuretics (aka: vitamin pee), and my DW is jealous because my legs are mostly bone with zero water bloat.

Quote:
He may have some tips for you if you are in trouble - based on what he voluntarily eats for breakfast, I've concluded his will to live is nothing short of remarkable. I'd have bit the big one long ago if faced with his dietary choices.
The food is nothing. They pulled my competition license, told me that I can't even go watch a motorsports event as a spectator, wouldn't let me drive myself anywhere, and tried to put me out on permanent disability. If that wasn't enough to make me do a swan dive off a tall bridge, the doctors have also told me that my heart isn't healthy enough for *that* either!

Long story short, keep a positive attitude, surround yourself with positive people, and don't lose the will to live.....
Buug95917400.50
      04-28-2021, 02:22 AM   #9200
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Ha. Guarantee you I'll sign a prenup and besides that's all his separate property. I won't get a dime.

Now for a dose of reality and mood killer, I have to go to the cardiologist next week. So, he may out live me. I didn't think at 33 I'd have the heart of someone 73 (no offense to anyone older than me). Living for the short term memories here.
Damn. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:00 AM   #9201
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Ha. Guarantee you I'll sign a prenup and besides that's all his separate property. I won't get a dime.

Now for a dose of reality and mood killer, I have to go to the cardiologist next week. So, he may out live me. I didn't think at 33 I'd have the heart of someone 73 (no offense to anyone older than me). Living for the short term memories here.
I said I'm here to help so good luck with the heart test. My mom had hi BP and the doc told her to give up coffee (what)? and I myself have crushed garlic when I can with my meals and salad which is a boon for me though we all know it's not great before a date! Just my 2p/cents.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:58 AM   #9202
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:

I'll cross my fingers, that everything would be right for you.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:24 AM   #9203
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Well, nothing too terrible. The devil is just trying to throw a wrench in my mended Mississippi situation.

Anyway, long story short, this Dr. follows me on instagram. I don't follow him back. I can see a little bit of what he looks like in his tiny profile picture, but I can't see the rest of the photos as his page is private. He always replies to my stories and whatnot with hearts and/or other emojis, just a regular follower to me. Well..... he's been asking to meet up so I figured, I haven't been grocery shopping in a minute, fine, I'll let him take me to lunch (as friends) at the restaurant/bar directly across the street. What have I got to lose? Worst comes to worst it's free lunch and at least he'll stop bugging me......

Prince freaking charming was waiting at the hostess stand for me. Drop dead gorgeous, TALL, muscles, granted he was wearing scrubs, but holy shit. I kinda wish I would have brushed my hair this morning. AND!!!!! He has horses.......

WHY UNIVERSE WHY

I gave him my number. I'm not going to text him. I can't. If I see him again, it's going to be like the scene from Wolf of Wall Street where Margo says "We're not going to be friends." I'm happy with the Mississippi guy. I'm not going to fuck it up.

But he has horses........
I want to give you so much shit (in a harsh jokingly manner as always....it's done in jest, you just have to know how to take me) but I can't. I can relate. This is how the universe works. You go from nothing to everything. This is what some people might call a test. Fail it, and you're bound to repeat the test again until you get it right. Don't waste your time, do the right thing this go around.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      04-28-2021, 07:29 AM   #9204
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

I’m fine. I was on an ambien high last night, me being overwhelmed, sharing too much, thinking the worst. I’m going for a second opinion next week and I’m sure everything is going to be just fine!

I had an issue as a child that I out grew. Now it’s acting up again. That’s all.

But thanks guys
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615268.00
      04-28-2021, 07:30 AM   #9205
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Haven’t posted since the Truman Administration so figured I’ll throw some blast from the past episodes.

Late 2003/early 2004 I was at a club in New Paltz (2 hours north of NYC) with a friend of mine. He knew some girls at the club and started mingling with them. One of them seemed to be ‘coming on too strong’ (Sara knows all about this). I mean the girl was cute but IDK I wasn’t feelin’ her that night. We talked for a bit and wanted me to go to her house but declined. However, we did exchanged numbers.

Girl texted me like 20 minutes later after I left saying she wanted some and wanted to come over my place. Told her I was tired haha. Girl kept on insisting and insisting which kinda ticked me off. However, I caved in and she actually picked me up and went to her place. She was making these weird moaning noises that was so hard not to laugh. Her grunts were a total turn off and never saw her again. She kept on texting me but I gave her excuses as to why I wasn’t around, this and that and blah blah blah. Ended up blocking her.

About a week later, same club/same friend and it was ladies night so the club was packed. While standing in line a girl struck up a convo with me and my friend. Wasn’t sure if she was into me or my friend (was actually hoping she was into my friend as he’s always had bad luck with the ladies). However, she was latched onto me. We go inside and she’s all up in my ear talking up a storm. Felt bad as her friend wasn’t into my friend so he decided to leave shortly so I was stuck with this girl. She lived in Queens and wanted to see me sometime. Drove down to Queens maybe a few days later and hung out. Fireworks happened but wasn’t in the mood for future long distance booty calls. So that ended then and there.

For those keeping score at home, I met my wife at a different club as well a few months later. She was the one who approached me as believe it or not I have always been shy. I swear, I would still be a virgin now if girls didn’t approach.
Damn, you remember that? I’m happy to report the guy from that thread is now divorced. He chose wrong

Last edited by Sara; 04-28-2021 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      04-28-2021, 07:36 AM   #9206
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post

My plumbing is 100% clear, and I have no valve problems or ever had a heart attack. Just years of fluid retention, that drowned my heart to the point where the muscles could only do 15% EF. I'm on heavy doses of diuretics (aka: vitamin pee), and my DW is jealous because my legs are mostly bone with zero water bloat.

The food is nothing. They pulled my competition license, told me that I can't even go watch a motorsports event as a spectator, wouldn't let me drive myself anywhere, and tried to put me out on permanent disability. If that wasn't enough to make me do a swan dive off a tall bridge, the doctors have also told me that my heart isn't healthy enough for *that* either!

Long story short, keep a positive attitude, surround yourself with positive people, and don't lose the will to live.....
Did they call that edema? That’s what the pcp said I had back October. But they says it’s not a diagnosis, it’s a symptom of something else. I’ve got it really bad in my right leg/foot. To the point where some days, my heels won’t fit. That and a bp of 157/94

Last edited by Sara; 04-28-2021 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 12:45 PM   #9207
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Did they call that edema? That’s what the pcp said I had back October. But they says it’s not a diagnosis, it’s a symptom of something else. I’ve got it really bad in my right leg/foot. To the point where some days, my heels won’t fit. That and a bp of 157/94
Edema in the extremities is a symptom of the congestive heart failure (CHF) that I have. The same fluid collecting in my legs/feet was also collecting in my chest around my ticker, where it made the heart muscles work harder due to the surrounding fluid pressure.

What finally put me in the hospital the last time was not sleeping one wink for three weeks straight. Laying down flat allows the fluid to collect in the chest cavity, and my brain was apparently shutting down subconscious breathing trying to make room for the ticker to beat easier. The first question my doctors ask on every visit now is how many pillows I'm sleeping with, to verify that I can sleep laying flat.

Assuming that your heart is still not as far gone as mine was, they will probably start you off with a low dose of an oral loop diuretic like furosemide (Lasix) to see what happens. A side effect of vitamin pee (diuretics) is lower blood pressure, so you'll get that closer to under control for free. If that doesn't, the next step is a week in the hospital while they pump stronger diuretics in via IV. Most likely, they will order an echocardiogram test at your next doctor's visit, to determine if and how bad your CHF is. I'm an IT person and not a doctor, but would say that there's nothing to worry about unless the echo shows an ejection fraction (EF) of less than 40% from my own experiences. (I was sent home to die with a 15% EF after my last stay, and even my cardiologist was surprised to see that it is now up to 30% after my last echo a few months ago.)

My first time in for this (about your age), they managed to extract 4.5 *gallons* of fluid over that week per the daily trips to the scale. Our local hospital had a dedicated CHF diet counselor, who made daily room visits explaining the danger of hidden sodium and history of pre-refrigeration food preservation. FWIW, my breakfast this morning was fresh steamed broccoli, with a pat of EVOO margarine and a pinch of cajun seasoning powder. They also sent me home with a 1.5 liter/day fluid restriction after my last hospital stay. I stuck with that for two years, and I have relaxed that now after learning the onset signs of drinking too much water.

Depending on the dosage of vitamin pee, they may also recommend staying out of the sun for long periods of time. At the insane dosages of the harder diuretics that I'm on, I am always on the verge of dehydration. More than a few minutes in the sun will push me over the edge. This is why I had to rent a car last weekend for our road trip from NY to SC, because the aircon in our usual road trip vehicle wasn't working and I can't even handle 75 degrees for an entire day.

Like I wrote earlier, my wife is totally jealous of my un-bloated/skinny legs from the vitamin pee. As of this morning's daily weigh-in for the log book, I have lost 33% of my total weight since checking into the hospital for my last stay (7 weeks total) in 2016. Making lemonade from the bowl of lemons I've been dealt...as long as it's under 1.5 liters/day and my blood sugar doesn't spike.....
Sara5791.00
Buug95917400.50
      04-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #9208
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
vreihen16 Oh boy....I know you are trying to be helpful but you're going to make her a neurotic.

Sara Don't make something out of something until it's something. This is worse than googling your ailment. What until you see the Dr.
      04-28-2021, 01:45 PM   #9209
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
vreihen16 Oh boy....I know you are trying to be helpful but you're going to make her a neurotic.

Sara Don't make something out of something until it's something. This is worse than googling your ailment. What until you see the Dr.
WebMD is my worst nightmare. My mom is stressing me out about it which makes it ten times worse.

I had a routine surgery in August 2020 and then had a pretty significant complication a week later where they had to cauterize the artery at midnight. My mom sent a text to the whole family telling them I was going to die, needless to say she overreacted (probably where I get it from). It's what prompted this whole family law attorney ordeal. She's terrified of losing my daughter and thinks if something happens to me, Loser is going to come out of the woodwork and take her away to California. Then in October I started having all the other issues that I thought I grew out of. If my mom would stop stressing me out, maybe my bp would go down probably not, but I'm going for a second opinion soon. I look completely fine, but just don't feel it at times more often that not. I think I eat pretty healthy, I'm fit, I'm young, so I've got all those things in my favor.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615268.00
      04-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #9210
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

If you spend any time at all on WebMD, you might as well just go get a coffin.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
upstatedoc7559.50
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick60060.50
cmyx6go15761.00
      04-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #9211
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Edema in the extremities is a symptom of the congestive heart failure (CHF) that I have. The same fluid collecting in my legs/feet was also collecting in my chest around my ticker, where it made the heart muscles work harder due to the surrounding fluid pressure.

What finally put me in the hospital the last time was not sleeping one wink for three weeks straight. Laying down flat allows the fluid to collect in the chest cavity, and my brain was apparently shutting down subconscious breathing trying to make room for the ticker to beat easier. The first question my doctors ask on every visit now is how many pillows I'm sleeping with, to verify that I can sleep laying flat.

Assuming that your heart is still not as far gone as mine was, they will probably start you off with a low dose of an oral loop diuretic like furosemide (Lasix) to see what happens. A side effect of vitamin pee (diuretics) is lower blood pressure, so you'll get that closer to under control for free. If that doesn't, the next step is a week in the hospital while they pump stronger diuretics in via IV. Most likely, they will order an echocardiogram test at your next doctor's visit, to determine if and how bad your CHF is. I'm an IT person and not a doctor, but would say that there's nothing to worry about unless the echo shows an ejection fraction (EF) of less than 40% from my own experiences. (I was sent home to die with a 15% EF after my last stay, and even my cardiologist was surprised to see that it is now up to 30% after my last echo a few months ago.)

My first time in for this (about your age), they managed to extract 4.5 *gallons* of fluid over that week per the daily trips to the scale. Our local hospital had a dedicated CHF diet counselor, who made daily room visits explaining the danger of hidden sodium and history of pre-refrigeration food preservation. FWIW, my breakfast this morning was fresh steamed broccoli, with a pat of EVOO margarine and a pinch of cajun seasoning powder. They also sent me home with a 1.5 liter/day fluid restriction after my last hospital stay. I stuck with that for two years, and I have relaxed that now after learning the onset signs of drinking too much water.

Depending on the dosage of vitamin pee, they may also recommend staying out of the sun for long periods of time. At the insane dosages of the harder diuretics that I'm on, I am always on the verge of dehydration. More than a few minutes in the sun will push me over the edge. This is why I had to rent a car last weekend for our road trip from NY to SC, because the aircon in our usual road trip vehicle wasn't working and I can't even handle 75 degrees for an entire day.

Like I wrote earlier, my wife is totally jealous of my un-bloated/skinny legs from the vitamin pee. As of this morning's daily weigh-in for the log book, I have lost 33% of my total weight since checking into the hospital for my last stay (7 weeks total) in 2016. Making lemonade from the bowl of lemons I've been dealt...as long as it's under 1.5 liters/day and my blood sugar doesn't spike.....
Was the swelling in both feet or just one?

I've had 4 EKG's, all with completely different readings. After 45 minutes in the room with the nurse doing the EKG, she accepted the results of the 4th one, because at that point I was getting frustrated as hell.

Do you ever have "pressure" in your left arm? Like a squeezing that comes and goes randomly? Doesn't hurt enough or last long enough to warrant taking an advil, but it's uncomfortable and a nuisance.

As far as food goes, I love to eat greens. My kid thinks I'm disgusting as I eat spinach for breakfast. I love broccoli, edamame, spinach, Brussel sprouts, anything green, I'll eat. But, I am guilty of making brownies and eating cereal some days, too.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615268.00
      04-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #9212
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
WebMD is my worst nightmare. My mom is stressing me out about it which makes it ten times worse.

I had a routine surgery in August 2020 and then had a pretty significant complication a week later where they had to cauterize the artery at midnight. My mom sent a text to the whole family telling them I was going to die, needless to say she overreacted (probably where I get it from). It's what prompted this whole family law attorney ordeal. She's terrified of losing my daughter and thinks if something happens to me, Loser is going to come out of the woodwork and take her away to California. Then in October I started having all the other issues that I thought I grew out of. If my mom would stop stressing me out, maybe my bp would go down probably not, but I'm going for a second opinion soon. I look completely fine, but just don't feel it at times more often that not. I think I eat pretty healthy, I'm fit, I'm young, so I've got all those things in my favor.
The family law attorney is smart to protect your daughter's best interests in any case. Just step away from the keyboard to diagnose and try to zone out your mom's craziness. There is absolutely no good in stressing over the unknown.
Dang3r12512.00
      04-28-2021, 02:04 PM   #9213
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The family law attorney is smart to protect your daughter's best interests in any case. Just step away from the keyboard to diagnose and try to zone out your mom's craziness. There is absolutely no good in stressing over the unknown.
She brought it up again on Monday and I know nothing will change physically. My daughter will still live with me, go to the same school, I'm still her mom. It's just a piece of paper, but it still made me cry pretty hard on the way to work. Mentally, it's hard to think of not having custody. Stupid to get worked up about it but for some reason it upsets me. I'm going to do it though, for my mom and my daughter. I ride horses, which is dangerous enough. Any time I ride, could be the last time should my horse decide to go bonkers. I do have a will, and there's a section in my will of custody preference to my mother in the event of my death, but my mom doesn't think that's good enough.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #9214
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

I would say, regardless of any issues or not you should have protection for your daughter. Especially if the Sperm Donor is a douche.

That being said, the best line my old boss instilled in my is "Don't worry until it't time to worry"

I was an athlete back in my younger years, and now I'm battling sleep apnea, a touch of high cholesterol and now high BP that meds aren't helping. I am going Monday for more tests. I suspect they will find a clog or somecrap but unfortunately, I feel fine. Those words that you also said lead me to procrastinate. I have no children and very little family but I would like an answer as to what my issue is.

Anyway, my convoluted point is make sure your daughter has the best possible protection and I'm confident things regarding you will fall right into place.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 04:54 PM   #9215
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Well this thread turned depressing pretty quick
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #9216
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Back on track!

MS guy wants to go back to FL for a weekend.

IG lunch friend reached out today.... used the L word .....

FedEx Pilot wants to meet me and take me on a date.

King Rudi I should get my own TV show for my dating life

Maybe I should apply for the Bachelorette?
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615268.00
King Rudi13154.00
      04-28-2021, 09:13 PM   #9217
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Back on track!

MS guy wants to go back to FL for a weekend.

IG lunch friend reached out today.... used the L word .....

King Rudi I should get my own TV show for my dating life

Maybe I should apply for the Bachelorette?
Damn girl! You're busier than I was, pre-COVID.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 02:50 AM   #9218
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Yeah, as long as you wont end up like Tom Hanks in Castaway...give it a try

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 4
Tommy-G4490.50
vreihen1615268.00
cmyx6go15761.00