New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #45
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
So true. When somebody is being an idiot and you engage it will only end badly. It's best to just swallow your pride and let the knucklehead have their way. The unpredictability is not worth the satisfaction of fighting back.
And on this subject, I used to work with a guy who is a very decent person. But one day he was telling me about his driving habits and said he purposely gets into the far left lane/passing lane and drives the speed limit to piss people off. I was flabbergasted by his comments. More so when he said it, I can see a bit of glee in his facial expression.

I really don't know what it is about people that when they get in their cages, it changes them for the worst.

I mean even if someone doesn't have an emergency, exerting your will on what you feel that person should be doing is stepping way out of bounds. For some, they want to get some where sooner. If they want to risk their license, it's on them. If this person is driving like an a$$, then call 911. Most people with this I'm better than thou attitude are mostly likely on their damn cell phone already not paying attention to actually driving.
Appreciate 2
xQx902.50
      06-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #46
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Hands down the slow entrance ramp people. Holy shit people, the traffic is blowing by at 120 an hr, you're gonna kill us both entering at 75. GET A MOVE ON.
Or the idiots that come to a complete stop. Do you want us all to die? You god damn asshole
Appreciate 1
Timujin351.50
      06-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #47
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
Hate people when they try to race me. They cannot stand a BMW going faster than them... I am like dude really?
I've been driving BMWs for many years. I can't remember the last time somebody tried to race me. Sure, I've had cars next to me take off fast from a stoplight. I like those guys/gals because they will be the ones that get the attention of law enforcement. If you don't engage, its not racing.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #48
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
These are mine:

Failure to use turn signals
not letting others merge
not waiving thanks when someone lets you in
driving slowly in the left lane (or middle lane in a three lane highway)
texting while driving
shaving or putting on makeup while driving
As other have said, great list. I'd add tailgating to the list. It's among the most dangerous, least beneficial thing a driver can do. Following too close has no advantage that I can see.
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      06-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #49
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
3 biggest for me are tailgating, left lane camping, and bad parking.

I'll be chilling on the right lane going the speed limit and some jerk in an SUV or pickup always comes and rides my a$$. I live in a place with terrible roads too so I drive the speed limit in order to dodge the potholes and other road imperfections. 95% of people don't give a shyt about their cars so they will run you over.

Bad parkers are en epidemic. I always try to park in a corner spot or far away from everyone. People will always park into your lane or park next to you in an empty lot. It's really annoying and inconsiderate.
Today I parked at a supermarket about 25 spaces away from the front with no one anywhere near me. When I came out, ten minutes later, there was another car parked next to me. He didn't hit me but why in the world do people do that? Tons of spaces with no one in the vicinity and someone will always park next to me. I agree with you.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      06-19-2018, 01:52 AM   #50
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Literally ANY cabin noise. If I here any rattling or squeaking, I slowly go insane. The only noise I want to hear is : music, outside wind, exhaust, & engine.

Recently my '28i has two new rattles for the first time in it's life. Horrific. Unbearable.
My new AMG is even worse. Something different every time. It's as if the engine produces a car-shaking amount of torque each time your pinky touches the throttle.
Luckily, both cars only have "bouts" of noise, nothing utterly consistent.

Also may be the reason why I despise convertible/hardtops. I want peace & quiet.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 10:50 AM   #51
ShakyDog
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Alpine White/Red

All these other people in cars on my ROADS!

King Steve wants to go for a drive, now get off my road peasants.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #52
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Today I parked at a supermarket about 25 spaces away from the front with no one anywhere near me. When I came out, ten minutes later, there was another car parked next to me. He didn't hit me but why in the world do people do that? Tons of spaces with no one in the vicinity and someone will always park next to me. I agree with you.
Some do it to spite us. Others to also keep their cars nice.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #53
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

I hate the fuck "stain" who is driving through the twisties at the speed limit, listening to Barry "fucking" Manilow with his 'PIG' wife next to him thinking life is bliss. Just shoot me! AND he is driving a Prius. "Gun please!"

Of course I just had 3 Red Bulls, NOT listening to Barry Manilow, have to piss, and better yet... I see a school bus ahead dropping off 20 kids.

All DRIVERS in front of me basically is my beef. Why doesn't everyone stay home and allow me to enjoy the road all by myself. Please GOD, help!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #54
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Bro trucks. All of them, and everything about them. They contain the worst drivers I have ever encountered.
Appreciate 3
angelr187.50
Dagamus_NM1639.50
      06-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #55
Scout10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 BMW X3 X28i

people on the cell phone while driving
people texting while driving

it has cost me plenty, thanks to a politically correct "distracted driver"
1965 Chevrolet Corvette 327 / 4spd Convt
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #56
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

When 2 lanes merge to 1 lane and the assholes don't let you in. It's an obvious every other car rotation but since I'm in a BMW their middle fingers goes up and block you.

I put on my signal, ease up and look in the mirror patiently and wait for the pause to allow me start my merge. NO! They speed up, get 2 inches from the guy in front of them and don't even look over because they know they are being assholes! So...what do I do? You don't want to know.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #57
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

This one happens to me all the time:

Driving at a nice clip in the passing lane on a highway - I can see several cars ahead by maybe a quarter mile or so driving along in the right lane just minding their own business.
As I approach at a higher speed than what they're going - at the last second, the dart out in front of me and I have to slam on my brakes! WTF! I just watched you sit behind that car or truck for the better part of 20 or 30 seconds and NOW you have to pull out to pass the car you've been following?
If the f*cker would have waited another 5 seconds, I would have been passed them and they could have passed the other car without pissing me off. UGH!!!
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #58
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Yes, to all of the above. One that I haven't seen on here are people that walk exceptionally slow in cross-walks or try to cross in non cross-walk areas. Not sure how other states are but here pedestrians have the right-of-way but ONLY in a cross-walk. Thus meaning if you step out in front of me and are not paying attention due to being consumed by your phone, by law, I can run over your ass.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #59
mystermykee
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: '18 M4

Aside from the illegal things like texting/talking on phone...

I HATE HATE (so much so I've thought about getting a small whiteboard to write "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY") people who have no clue what to do at unprotected turn intersections.

Idiot 1: Approaches intersection and wants to make a right turn but yields to those coming from the opposite direction wanting to make a left

Idiot 2: Approaches intersection wanting to make a left turn but does not yield to those making a right. This situation is even worse when the intersection is big and the opposite end of the intersection has two lanes allowing for right turns.

If I had a beater car I would just continue making my right while those making a left from the opposite direction...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #60
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
This one happens to me all the time:

Driving at a nice clip in the passing lane on a highway - I can see several cars ahead by maybe a quarter mile or so driving along in the right lane just minding their own business.
As I approach at a higher speed than what they're going - at the last second, the dart out in front of me and I have to slam on my brakes! WTF! I just watched you sit behind that car or truck for the better part of 20 or 30 seconds and NOW you have to pull out to pass the car you've been following?
If the f*cker would have waited another 5 seconds, I would have been passed them and they could have passed the other car without pissing me off. UGH!!!
Yup, I posted that a few posts back. Happens to me every single day, I cannot understand the mind set of people who do that, like WTF. Not only that but they then pass the car going like 1 or 2mph faster than them.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #61
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Just as bad, though.... are the ones who are moving quicker in the left lane, so you pull into the right to let them pass... and they won't ****ing do it. As soon as they get just off the left rear corner of the car, they start pacing you, so you won't be able to pass the slower car or truck up ahead.

That's when I just nail it and move back into the left lane, in front of them, to pass the slower traffic.
Appreciate 2
      06-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #62
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
Slow drivers that speed up when they see you trying to pass them.
----Let me rephrase that... slow drivers that speed up when they see you coming and then get pissed off because instead of it being a simple lane change pass, it now becomes, " this dick in a BMW cut me off"!! I have a lot more pet peeves, but this one ranks at the top of the list.

That's one of the reasons I'm glad I ordered the power sun shade on my rear window. There was recently a left-lane hog on the freeway in a Honda who wasn't going to move, so I moved into the right lane... and he sped up, trying to prevent me from passing.

When I got around, he started flipping me off and flashing his lights at me. I think it really pissed him off when I ignored him... and he saw the shade come up and block my view of him.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #63
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

I get annoyed with people who only want to go faster when behind. You let them by then they slow down to pace lower than previous. Or people who cant maintain pace. I use cruise control and people will continually zig zag around to get ahead then I will pass them going the same speed as before and repeat. What is the point of all the jockeying only to go slower than just driving a continuous speed.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #64
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
As other have said, great list. I'd add tailgating to the list. It's among the most dangerous, least beneficial thing a driver can do. Following too close has no advantage that I can see.
Yeah that bugs me too and my wife does it. I say it won't get you there any faster and may prevent you getting there at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 11:53 PM   #65
TonkaM6
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 2018 M6 Convertible LCI

Garage List
Audi drivers
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #66
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah that bugs me too and my wife does it. I say it won't get you there any faster and may prevent you getting there at all.
Maybe if the slow idiots got out of the left lane or people would at least do speed limit/5 over, there would be less tail gating.
Appreciate 1