E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VIP_Tuning

Closed Thread

11-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

VIP_Tuning

Still wondering why we haven't heard anything from VIPTuning if they really are going to be releasing products for our cars..
If they plan on breaking into the 11s at Moroso on November 30th, I'm dying to know how and with what mods and developed by who...
Speak up infidels!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #2
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

I thought the SL55 I raced at LACR, German Invasion, came from the VIP Tuning tent. It ran around a 13.3 in the 1/4 mile I believe. Is VIP an East Coast Company, or from out here in the West?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
jturkel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 C32 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
I thought the SL55 I raced at LACR, German Invasion, came from the VIP Tuning tent. It ran around a 13.3 in the 1/4 mile I believe. Is VIP an East Coast Company, or from out here in the West?
that is a pretty awful time for an SL55....must have had a terrible 60 ft and/or launch....those things generally run mid to low 12's stock
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

The probably got banned after all that sh*t talking. Even so I remember them saying something like "so what if someone spays, or puts new turbos..."

So I would expect them to do that to be able to get into the 11's.....just speculation though
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

some of their "kid" customers grow their egos so big, to the point where they threat ppl in this forum just because the got criticized for stupid things they do.

sorry but if they bringing things like that here, they should get banned. We haven't even heard Terry threating Shiv lol, or a procede user to a xede one, etc.
      11-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
B00sted335BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by remydlc View Post
some of their "kid" customers grow their egos so big, to the point where they threat ppl in this forum just because the got criticized for stupid things they do.

sorry but if they bringing things like that here, they should get banned. We haven't even heard Terry threating Shiv lol, or a procede user to a xede one, etc.
First off Terry was banned from this forum, also if you search for posts there are plenty of areas where people compare Procede to Xede and start getting in arguements (there just haven't been any lately, Jason is cracking down)..................
Also the majority of this forum are ALL SHIV supporters, unlike other BMW forums where the majority are Terry supporters......
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
jerrym
Second Lieutenant
China
Rep
Drives: GT35R Pinto

who is terry?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
who is terry?
Terry Burger(Berger?), creator of the Juice Box or JB2. The cheaper alternative to PROcede. While his many posts may have been questionable, his tuning isnt. I cannot comment on whether or not its safe or what the effects on the car is in the long run. However, when I drove a JB2 equipped car(and an automatic one at that) it flew like a bat outta hell. Not as smooth as my PROcede but I personally liked the feeling when the auto kicked down and the needle ran up the tach in a matter of seconds. Pushed me back into my seat hard. Did I mention there were also 3 other people in the car?

Not supporting or condoning, just stating my experience.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
remydlc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55 MT/blue metal/red int.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ed335BMW View Post
First off Terry was banned from this forum, also if you search for posts there are plenty of areas where people compare Procede to Xede and start getting in arguements (there just haven't been any lately, Jason is cracking down)..................
Also the majority of this forum are ALL SHIV supporters, unlike other BMW forums where the majority are Terry supporters......
I know that, I am not talking about terry. I'm talking about that we have a kid around here, , who happens to be a VIP_tunning customer, threatening ppl on this forum, they should be banned as well, that's even worse that the nasty marketing stuff Terry did, I'm not sure if he threatened someone back then, nor that i care about it now, he is already banned
      11-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #10
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

VIP Tuning is an East Coast Company.

I know the guy who owns it personally. He has the montego sedan, etc. I rode in his car and it is pretty damn fast right now, but I am not sure if it is indeed faster than a PROcede car.

The guy who owns it was working on an intake and recently got it patented and then was trying to work a deal with Active Autowerke. I am not sure if they are now doing business or what, but he does have his Xede custom tuned.

His car has Xede software running stock boost, has Ultimate Racing catless downpipes, and a modded stock exhaust(with cutouts). He claims the 348 whp, but I am not sure, I cannot speak either way, as I haven't seen it dyno'd.

I just got PROcede installed on my montego E92 and I would say they are comparably as fast, but I am not too sure who would win as they felt about equally as powerful(have not raced him). This was also based on butt dyno observations (better than no observations at all!)
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

BTW he is located in South Florida to clarify just where on the east coast he is at.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep

Ah. Thank you. Finally some viable information. Any idea what sort of deal he was working out with active autowerk>?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #13
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yea, he was trying to sign on his intake as part of a "package deal" with Active Autowerke. Not sure if this actually went through or not.

He did promise to be in the 11s to me as well at Moroso, but I am not too sure. He didn't tell me what mods he was going to tack on to nail an 11 1/4, but he said he woud release info on it later down the road, closer to Moroso, or at Moroso.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #14
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep

Great, are you going to Moroso the 30th? If so, let us know what happens... very curious. What other companies make intakes for our cars?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #15
supertech335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

i am not positive on this, but if vip tuning is the same guy i am thinking he is, his "custom intake" at the time i saw the car was 2 k&n cone filters in place of the stock air box. but like i said i may be thinking of a different car, or it might be the same car and he came out with an intake after i saw it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #16
bimmermans54
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

No,its actually a decent intake. From what I saw, time and effort were put into it. Its all 3inch pipping, the charge tube, and the tube from the intake manifold. There are many companies out there, that have intakes. I have one, and some other people on the forums have theirs. All to each his own. But I highly doubt it was the owner of VIP doing any threatening.
PS
With the mods that are out now, and some in the making, the 11's are not that far off with a good tire...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #17
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

It is an asian looking guy who's name is Jacque. He has short kinda spikey black hair.

It is a montego blue sedan on blue rims. I haven't seen his intake yet, so I can't comment on it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermans54 View Post
No,its actually a decent intake. From what I saw, time and effort were put into it. Its all 3inch pipping, the charge tube, and the tube from the intake manifold. There are many companies out there, that have intakes. I have one, and some other people on the forums have theirs. All to each his own. But I highly doubt it was the owner of VIP doing any threatening.
PS
With the mods that are out now, and some in the making, the 11's are not that far off with a good tire...
+1

I forgot to mention he made better charge pipes.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
supertech335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
It is an asian looking guy who's name is Jacque. He has short kinda spikey black hair.

It is a montego blue sedan on blue rims. I haven't seen his intake yet, so I can't comment on it.
pretty sure that was him, like i said b4 he might of changed it since i saw it. but the car didn't have blue wheels either.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #20
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yea about a month to a month and a half ago they got changed to blue, maybe it was even longer since he changed them but I know that they were put on the car less than 4 months ago
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread