New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

06-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #617
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
So...Logan Couture made his comments about "crosby cheating on the face offs"...which, let's just state that every center cheats to some degree (and if your not...I doubt you're winning many).

So on the NHL Sirius network....the Stellick and Simmer 'went off' on Couture about some karate kick thing that he did in the game last night. Anybody know what this was...I don't recall seeing it and can't find anything about it?

As for the penalties...I'm more for letting them play, so it hasn't been much of an issue for me. Pens lack of a PP at the moment probably drives my thoughts
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #618
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
So...Logan Couture made his comments about "crosby cheating on the face offs"...which, let's just state that every center cheats to some degree (and if your not...I doubt you're winning many).

So on the NHL Sirius network....the Stellick and Simmer 'went off' on Couture about some karate kick thing that he did in the game last night. Anybody know what this was...I don't recall seeing it and can't find anything about it?

As for the penalties...I'm more for letting them play, so it hasn't been much of an issue for me. Pens lack of a PP at the moment probably drives my thoughts
Might have been talking when they called Cole for the penalty on Couture in the 3rd in the slot. Cole bumps Couture up high, and Couture throws his legs out like someone kicked them out from underneath him.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2016, 07:22 PM   #619
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Might have been talking when they called Cole for the penalty on Couture in the 3rd in the slot. Cole bumps Couture up high, and Couture throws his legs out like someone kicked them out from underneath him.
I'll need to see if I can find it...don't recall it from the game that it warranted that kind of talk today. I recall Edzo saying something about a dive...
      06-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #620
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
jgoens - made this for you.
Attached Images

06-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #621
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
Just caught it on the rerun...that had to be it. Probably could have been an embellishment - Cole shouldn't have hit him there though.

No biggie though, I don't think it warranted the talk they had on the NHL channel...probably just in response to the 'Crosby Cheats' thing.

Needless - pressure is on the Sharks to win, but I think Pens need to take at least one at the tank...or they're back in this.
      06-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #622
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just caught it on the rerun...that had to be it. Probably could have been an embellishment - Cole shouldn't have hit him there though.

No biggie though, I don't think it warranted the talk they had on the NHL channel...probably just in response to the 'Crosby Cheats' thing.

Needless - pressure is on the Sharks to win, but I think Pens need to take at least one at the tank...or they're back in this.
If anything they should have taken them both. Cole for interference, Couture for diving
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #623
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Hertyl is out for the Sharks...lets see if anyone steps up. Things have not been promising so far, but the one positive for me is just the fact that I am still watching hockey in June. Normally, my interest drops once the Sharks are out which has very rarely even gotten to third round...so I have something to be thankful for. I always hate it when the season is over but at least this time, even if the Sharks lose, there will not be more games going. Still hopeful this can make it to game 7.
      06-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #624
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Just saw he's out...I'm sure you guys will be fine, players have a way of stepping it up, much like the Pens D did without Daily.

That said...enough talk, let's drop the puck already.
      06-04-2016, 10:52 PM   #625
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Basically the Sharks stole that one. Once again they were outplayed. A win is a win and sometimes a steal is necessary. Just wondering if the Sharks can have a dominating game like they did against Preds and Blues.
      06-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #626
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Basically the Sharks stole that one. Once again they were outplayed. A win is a win and sometimes a steal is necessary. Just wondering if the Sharks can have a dominating game like they did against Preds and Blues.
I don't know about stole. SJ played solid through out the first 3...but they were definitely outplayed in that OT. Pens needed to capitalize on 4 different chances in the OT and didn't. Jones made a few really good saves...but Malkin needs to put that one in that was right in front of the net. When you can't put it in on extended offensive shifts, usually that's when the other team goes down and puts one in.

I'm going to say - that was probably the most non-called penalties I think I've ever seen. (Make sure I specify - by both teams) Not whining, this is not why the Pens lost at all...but as a fan, it's getting hard to constitute what's now going to be called and what's not now. I don't mind a few uncalled - let the teams play...but they look some liberties in the hacking and whacking. Guaranteed they're some bumps and bruises today.

Part of an annoyance goes to that damn puck - what the hell kinda rubber they use in SJ for those? That think looked like a super ball at times.

Needless, I said Pens in 5. That means we had to lose one somewhere. Just would have rather it been game 4.
      06-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #627
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I don't know about stole. SJ played solid through out the first 3...but they were definitely outplayed in that OT. Pens needed to capitalize on 4 different chances in the OT and didn't. Jones made a few really good saves...but Malkin needs to put that one in that was right in front of the net. When you can't put it in on extended offensive shifts, usually that's when the other team goes down and puts one in.

I'm going to say - that was probably the most non-called penalties I think I've ever seen. (Make sure I specify - by both teams) Not whining, this is not why the Pens lost at all...but as a fan, it's getting hard to constitute what's now going to be called and what's not now. I don't mind a few uncalled - let the teams play...but they look some liberties in the hacking and whacking. Guaranteed they're some bumps and bruises today.

Part of an annoyance goes to that damn puck - what the hell kinda rubber they use in SJ for those? That think looked like a super ball at times.

Needless, I said Pens in 5. That means we had to lose one somewhere. Just would have rather it been game 4.
Sharks were outplayed for sure in the 1st and OT..about even in 2nd and 3rd. Shot total for Pens was much higher. While Malkin does not have a point he sure looks dangerous--but our big guys, i.e....Pavelski and Burns look a little timid compared to the last series. Figure they are due for a big game.

I think the calls are basically going to be for high sticks to the face(even though that gets missed) delay of game and any real obvious event that really stops a scoring chance. Basic hooking, crosschecks, slashes and so forth are just being let go. Maybe the Sharks figured that out as they raised the physicality in that game and had way more hits.

The Pucks here in San Jose are made with a space age polymer which give extra velocity.
So, your theory is by losing game 4 the Pens will have extra drive to close out in Pit, as opposed to losing game 3 and winning game 4? Kind of the same thing right?
Well likewise I am hoping for three straight wins which would end not only on SJ but on my day off so I can pour beer all over my head.
      06-06-2016, 02:30 AM   #628
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep

Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #629
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep

Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Briefly considered "calling you out" for whining and saying the refs favored the sharks. Then I thought... some people would think I was serious. Heh.
      06-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #630
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Briefly considered "calling you out" for whining and saying the refs favored the sharks. Then I thought... some people would think I was serious. Heh.
Yeah - no, clearly stated in my post that's not the reason for losing...

It's like this every playoff run...where what's a penalty actually becomes blurred. I'm sure Sharkie fans see the Pens doing a clutch and grab...which I see the other way around. That's only nature of the beast.

Can't wait for the game though. This is needs to be a statement game by one team or the other. Either Crosby and Malkin step it up...or the Joe's. Someone's gotta make something happen tonight.

Unfortunately, I'm a big believer in Game 3. I feel the winner of that game takes it more times than not. We all know how that went.

Needless - GO PENS!
      06-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #631
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post

Looking for a way to un-appreciate your post...just haven't found it yet.
      06-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #632
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah - no, clearly stated in my post that's not the reason for losing...

It's like this every playoff run...where what's a penalty actually becomes blurred. I'm sure Sharkie fans see the Pens doing a clutch and grab...which I see the other way around. That's only nature of the beast.

Can't wait for the game though. This is needs to be a statement game by one team or the other. Either Crosby and Malkin step it up...or the Joe's. Someone's gotta make something happen tonight.

Unfortunately, I'm a big believer in Game 3. I feel the winner of that game takes it more times than not. We all know how that went.

Needless - GO PENS!
I see clutch and grab on both sides and as I said the only penalty or non-call that could have been a difference maker was that one on Pavelski at the start of the power play in game 2.....but....just watching nhl live and the replays show that 2 of those goals on Murray were pretty soft. One of them he should have had for sure. Lets see if this series comes down to goaltenders, both of which are un-tested in SCP. Maybe they will bust out Fleury?
      06-06-2016, 06:37 PM   #633
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Looking for a way to un-appreciate your post...just haven't found it yet.
Actually, Crosby for being a elite finesse player is putting up a pretty good fight here. Maybe Sid vs Little Joe....that would be highlight reel.
      06-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #634
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually, Crosby for being a elite finesse player is putting up a pretty good fight here. Maybe Sid vs Little Joe....that would be highlight reel.
Jumbo Joe bitch slapping Crosby in the back of the head and knocking his helmet off was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile

https://t.co/DNDtbjZxtB
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #635
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Cooolest National anthem ever! Got to give props to that!
      06-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #636
jgoens
Major General
Rep

After watching two periods--nothing but Penguins as were the other 9 periods...I will concede early at this point and say the PENGUINS are the better team..there is no doubt. Their D is is crazy good. just saying what it is. You always know your team and think they are good, but when you see how other teams can rule..well that is it.
      06-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #637
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Well...it's the Pens game to lose. 1 sharks goal wakes them up though.

I just hope the Pens don't go into that defensive shell...then it will be all Sharks.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #638
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cooolest National anthem ever! Got to give props to that!
Damn straight it was! Glad they showed it...
Appreciate 0