New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-10-2023, 05:24 PM   #23
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I came down with Salmonella a couple of days ago. Not sure if it's a 1st world problem as it's likely it came from south of the border on some fresh fruit or veggies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Been there. On a school trip to Mexico in '96 I foolishly ate a chicken sammich that had a piece of lettuce on it. We spent the next two days and nights in Taxco, which is (or was) a cool little town. I was trapped in the hotel room because I couldn't be more than a few seconds from the bathroom.
Me too . I was on vacation in Spain back in 2018 when I got Salmonella.......Not a very pleasant experience. I had diarrhea for a couple of days before I figured out that something was not right. It was so bad that I had to go to the emergency
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 05:40 PM   #24
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I always thought the previous thread was titled "Third World Problems"

I found the tenant's rent check in the mailbox yesterday. Is it my turn, or my wife's???
      01-10-2023, 05:48 PM   #25
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

i had to buy a new x3 m40i because the wait on a G80 Xdrive was 6 months
wtwo317943.50
minn1914012.00
kscarrol8889.50
      01-10-2023, 05:50 PM   #26
FAM3LYCAR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: Tanzanite F80-6MT

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
This seems like the perfect place to share my most ridiculous first world problem...

I have a thing about wearing shoes when driving, and I've always preferred to drive in just socks or barefoot. It started when I had a Miata a long time ago and the footwell was pretty small so my stupid work shoes just felt like they were clunking all over the place and hindered my ability to heel-toe on an expert level (or at least I blamed the shoes, lol). Over time this developed into a big enough deal for me that it actually started affecting my shoe-purchasing decisions. I started wearing sandals whenever I wasn't going to work, and I started buying work shoes that slip on with no laces because of how much easier it was to take them on / off while sitting in the drivers seat of a car.

Fast forward to now, where I have a nice car that stays in a nice garage all the time, I will frequently just pick my shoes up when I walk out of the house and carry them to the car but not put them on until after I've driven somewhere. Except sometimes, somehow, I'll drive all the way across town without a care in the world and then realize that I completely forgot the part about taking shoes with me. There's nothing more infuriating than pulling into a parking spot at work with a few minutes to spare before a big meeting and realizing that I literally have no shoes. Only socks. There's no good way to handle that situation. And it's happened more times than I really want to admit, but I will say it's not a weekly or monthly thing, maybe a couple times a year. I got to the point a few years ago where I now keep a spare set of old shoes in the trunk, but sometimes after I use those I forget to put them back for a few weeks and it happens again! I'm really not a forgetful person in general, I swear. Just a ridiculous first world problem that I have to explain to people and feel like an idiot. I really wonder if it's just me that this happens to
Appreciate 2
wtwo317943.50
      01-10-2023, 05:54 PM   #27
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Drives: Potato

I have one too many cars (again) so will have to sell the BMW (2006 750Li, not exactly a hot item these days)

Bought a house and moved; sellers left it a mess and some damage. Could sue or just suck it up

My dog barks every night between 11:30 and 12:30, at which point I’ve yelled loud enough to quiet her and wake my wife. There is nothing to bark at. I think she dreams something and it wakes her up all agitated so she barks (and runs to the front door).

My wife is vegetarian and I am omnivorous so meal planning is pretty much impossible. Restaurant selection limited as well.

My life is pretty damn good. I’m 64 and all four of my siblings and their spouses are still alive as is my mom (91 on Sat). I’ve had my rough times, and have some scars (physical and emotional) to show for my life and choices, but none of it compares to lacking food, shelter, clean water, safety and security. The thread is fun, but I’m certainly not complaining.
Appreciate 4
M_Six16787.50
wtwo317943.50
SW111279.00
minn1914012.00
      01-10-2023, 06:19 PM   #28
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
My bar is too small for all the bottles I got. So I have to stick some in the back, which is a pita because it's against the wall.
Obviously you need a bigger bar. Get crackin' on it.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
Esteban43269.50
minn1914012.00
      01-10-2023, 06:24 PM   #29
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM3LYCAR View Post
This seems like the perfect place to share my most ridiculous first world problem...

I have a thing about wearing shoes when driving, and I've always preferred to drive in just socks or barefoot. It started when I had a Miata a long time ago and the footwell was pretty small so my stupid work shoes just felt like they were clunking all over the place and hindered my ability to heel-toe on an expert level (or at least I blamed the shoes, lol). Over time this developed into a big enough deal for me that it actually started affecting my shoe-purchasing decisions. I started wearing sandals whenever I wasn't going to work, and I started buying work shoes that slip on with no laces because of how much easier it was to take them on / off while sitting in the drivers seat of a car.

Fast forward to now, where I have a nice car that stays in a nice garage all the time, I will frequently just pick my shoes up when I walk out of the house and carry them to the car but not put them on until after I've driven somewhere. Except sometimes, somehow, I'll drive all the way across town without a care in the world and then realize that I completely forgot the part about taking shoes with me. There's nothing more infuriating than pulling into a parking spot at work with a few minutes to spare before a big meeting and realizing that I literally have no shoes. Only socks. There's no good way to handle that situation. And it's happened more times than I really want to admit, but I will say it's not a weekly or monthly thing, maybe a couple times a year. I got to the point a few years ago where I now keep a spare set of old shoes in the trunk, but sometimes after I use those I forget to put them back for a few weeks and it happens again! I'm really not a forgetful person in general, I swear. Just a ridiculous first world problem that I have to explain to people and feel like an idiot. I really wonder if it's just me that this happens to
Done something similar a couple of times. Drove out to a bike trail with my bike and all my gear and realized when I got there I had forgotten my cycling shoes. Can't ride without them since I use clip-in pedals. Had to drive back home to get my shoes.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 06:30 PM   #30
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I have one too many cars (again) so will have to sell the BMW (2006 750Li, not exactly a hot item these days)

Bought a house and moved; sellers left it a mess and some damage. Could sue or just suck it up

My dog barks every night between 11:30 and 12:30, at which point I’ve yelled loud enough to quiet her and wake my wife. There is nothing to bark at. I think she dreams something and it wakes her up all agitated so she barks (and runs to the front door).

My wife is vegetarian and I am omnivorous so meal planning is pretty much impossible. Restaurant selection limited as well.

My life is pretty damn good. I’m 64 and all four of my siblings and their spouses are still alive as is my mom (91 on Sat). I’ve had my rough times, and have some scars (physical and emotional) to show for my life and choices, but none of it compares to lacking food, shelter, clean water, safety and security. The thread is fun, but I’m certainly not complaining.
Wifey is allergic to even the smallest amount of dairy products, so I get the issue with meals and restaurants. We do a lot of Asian cuisine for just that reason. I'm also 64 and of the 7 members of my family (parents and 5 kids), my brother and I are the only two left. Still, can't complain either. Wifey and I are not rich (by most standards), but we're very comfortable and both in relatively good health.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
SW111279.00
2000cs3495.00
minn1914012.00
      01-10-2023, 06:30 PM   #31
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
i had to buy a new x3 m40i because the wait on a G80 Xdrive was 6 months
I'm coming up on 11 months wait now for my G80

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
ASAP10128.00
      01-10-2023, 06:33 PM   #32
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:

Ok but like.... did you take the important meeting in your socks?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 07:25 PM   #33
FAM3LYCAR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: Tanzanite F80-6MT

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Ok but like.... did you take the important meeting in your socks?
I had just enough time to drive down the street to the nearest store that sold shoes, walked in with just socks, and walked out wearing the cheapest pair of shoes they had. Those became the trunk shoes for a while.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317943.50
      01-10-2023, 07:29 PM   #34
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3CX

1: My putter didn't work for crap today.

2: It's going to rain on our entire trip to Napa next week.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317943.50
DocL1927.00
      01-10-2023, 07:49 PM   #35
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I strive to max out my 401K contributions (to the annual amount the IRS allows) but doing it in a way so that it evenly spreads across my biweekly checks through the year to maximize my employer's contributions matching. when I get my bonus payout in July I have to adjust my contributions down to account for that bigger paycheck. Then I need to adjust my subsequent checks after the bonus. So much work......
I feel this. I just set for match and max at the end of the year - makes it so much less work lol. Stock market worked out good for that plan this year as well - can’t say the same for 2021.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 07:51 PM   #36
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
1: My putter didn't work for crap today.

2: It's going to rain on our entire trip to Napa next week.
1. There's a little blue pill for that.

2. Good excuse to stay inside a winery or two and indulge in the produce.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
hubbahubba8779.00
2000cs3495.00
minn1914012.00
HondaRC51249.50
      01-10-2023, 07:59 PM   #37
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep

Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
1. There's a little blue pill for that.

2. Good excuse to stay inside a winery or two and indulge in the produce.

1: No need for the little blue pill, my honey does it for me. Plus, fireplace in our room...

2: That is the plan!
Appreciate 2
M_Six16787.50
Esteban43269.50
      01-10-2023, 08:44 PM   #38
FullFatDoom
Space Marine
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 X5

My company provides free meals for employees but whoever prepared the strawberries for breakfast today didnt consistently pull off all the stems so I had to do that myself on some of them. Like, hello?!?
Appreciate 3
M_Six16787.50
wtwo317943.50
minn1914012.00
      01-10-2023, 10:11 PM   #39
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFatDoom View Post
My company provides free meals for employees but whoever prepared the strawberries for breakfast today didnt consistently pull off all the stems so I had to do that myself on some of them. Like, hello?!?
Time to find a new job. No one should have to put up with such nonsense.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
minn1914012.00
HondaRC51249.50
      01-10-2023, 10:16 PM   #40
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:

Hmmmmm... you going around without shoes is kinda sounding a little 3rd worldish to me....
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 10:32 PM   #41
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I had just enough time to drive down the street to the nearest store that sold shoes, walked in with just socks, and walked out wearing the cheapest pair of shoes they had. Those became the trunk shoes for a while.
“I stepped in a big pile of dog on the way in, didn’t want to offend you all. Had to throw them in the dumpster.

Again”
      01-11-2023, 01:43 PM   #42
FullFatDoom
Space Marine
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 X5

My company gave everybody a free day off next Friday, but I already was planning to take that day off. Now I have to move my PTO day to a different day so they don't overlap. I also need to find another activity to do for my extra day off.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317943.50
      01-11-2023, 02:03 PM   #43
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3

It's raining, so I'm going to drive the daily driver for my daily driver (an outdoor kept E92 M3 that'll get rained on anyway) to the gym.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317943.50
      01-11-2023, 02:19 PM   #44
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 M2

My driver and me are not good friends, and it may be time to part ways. Most rounds my 3 wood is going just as far as my driver. With my swing speed and launch angle I should be hitting my driver 30 to 40 yards farther than the 3 wood. It's infuriating.....
DocL1927.00
hubbahubba8779.00