New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
And this is why this happen in NYC and does not happen in TX. Criminals know they can do stuff like this since they know you are most likely not going to pull a gun on them.

As FL what happen when they took peoples rights to carry a gun away and the criminals began car jacking people, give people back their rights and the car jack stopped.
I don't disagree.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #46
Dine
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
You probably know this but it's a felony to carry a firearm in NYC. Only the criminals and very famous radio personalities are permitted to carry firearms.
ahh i did not think about it being in NYC. Thats a whole different discussion right there. Carrying legally vs Illegally but still alive and unbeat... I think i will leave that one for another day. I hope the bikers in question are brought to justice either way, beating a man in front of his wife and children is ridiculous and they deserve the weight of the law crashing down on them.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #47
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Yeah, it's on the West Side Highway and Henry Hudson. I sat on that exact section of road for an hour and a half on Friday hahaha.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #48
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Leave it to live leak, the video is now posted elsewhere so people can help identify who these people are.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f46b6174f7b7
they gotta be part of a local bike forum or something...

i'm sure all of those idiots aren't all friends...

there's gotta be a list of attendees somewhere......
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #49
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Did you watch the entire video? First of all, it was a STUNTING GROUP.

Biker mob drives up on the RR EXTREMELY close, surround him on ALL SIDES. RR guy calls 911. Dude swerves in front of him and brake checks him. Idiot on bike doesn't realize his bike brakes faster than a 5000lb SUV, range rover bumper taps biker causing broken leg. I own a Land Rover LR2, much smaller than the RR, and they DO NOT BRAKE AS FAST AS A BIKE. Not only that, when surrounded by 50 bikers within 12 inches of your car, your attention is divided and you are scared. 100% the biker's fault.

At that point, 100+ bikers stop all traffic, lay down their bikes and surround the RR. People start running towards him and banging on the windows and yelling. THEY SLASH HIS TIRES.

RR has already called 911 but no police present

RR takes off and runs over a bike.

Bikers catch up and rip open his door - he runs away again.

Bikers catch him again and beat the shit out of him, putting him in the hospital.

The is 100% no possible way that a sane individual could find fault with the RR driver.

So yes, I repeat - if that happened to me, I would have absolutely zero qualms about killing as many as I could that assaulted my family. I think you'll find that far from me being an internet badass, you're actually in the vast, vast minority here. As evidenced by this thread and the hundreds of others on different forums. Even motorcycle forums are ripping the guys a new one.
I agree with this post 100%. I could not have worded this differently.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #50
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You probably know this but it's a felony to carry a firearm in NYC. Only the criminals and very famous radio personalities are permitted to carry firearms.
which is sad because 44 or 45 other states in the nation have open carry laws...

as long as the gun cannot be seen from a reasonable distance (sitting on dash, driving with it on the steering wheel, hanging from the rear view mirror), you can have a loaded gun in your car in 44 or 45 other states......

that's just New York being New York.........
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #51
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2006 Z4M

This is sad. Angry stupid people in numbers are a menace. They are like real life zombies. I wish we could treat them the same way.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #52
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
which is sad because 44 or 45 other states in the nation have open carry laws...

as long as the gun cannot be seen from a reasonable distance (sitting on dash, driving with it on the steering wheel, hanging from the rear view mirror), you can have a loaded gun in your car in 44 or 45 other states......

that's just New York being New York.........
It's legal in the state of NY, just not in NYC.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #53
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
they gotta be part of a local bike forum or something...

i'm sure all of those idiots aren't all friends...

there's gotta be a list of attendees somewhere......
It was a stuntriding forum from what I've read.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #54
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's legal in the state of NY, just not in NYC.
when someone who lives outside of NYC mentions "New York", we pretty much mean NYC...

there is really nothing outside of NYC that anyone living outside of New York cares about anyways....

so, that's just New York being New York...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #55
F1Venom
Banned
Rep

Drives: ZCP E90 M3

These types of bikers are immature pussy douchebags. Harley riders would never do this as they're true badasses. The fuckers in this video just sicken me and I wish the RR driver ran them all over.
From what I've garnered about this situation, is that one of the bikers brake checked the RR and the RR driver bumped into him. As a normal person would act, the RR driver stopped the car to assess damage/whatever but the fuckheads on their bikes decided to block his car and damage his property/threaten him and his family. So he did the common sense thing of leaving and in the process had to run over the bikes that were illegally obstructing his path. Then these retards caught up to him and beat his ass in front of his wife and kids. I say find the bikers, destroy their bikes and imprison all of them.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
The video is now marked private, they must have realize its not going to go well for everyone in that video. I bet good old Bloomberg is going to declare war on these Biker Gangs. As we know Bloomberg does not go for this kind of thing.
Well, as long as no firearms were used, it's all ok. I mean look at whole picture like Bloomberg will. Was anyone killed? No, then it's all ok and worked out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
This is sad. Angry stupid people in numbers are a menace. They are like real life zombies. I wish we could treat them the same way.
Amen to that. It's too bad in deed. Because i bet that soon after treating some of them in that fashion, the others would desire to come back to the land of the living.
      09-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #57
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
These types of bikers are immature pussy douchebags. Harley riders would never do this as they're true badasses. The fuckers in this video just sicken me and I wish the RR driver ran them all over.
I was coming back from the Hamptons a few years back and got on the entrance ramp to the Sunrise Highway behind a group of 4-6 Harleys. They proceeded to line up in a straight line across the road and drive 35mph until the highway in front of them was completely empty and the line of cars behind them was probably a mile long. After about 15 minutes I got so fed up I just passed them in the shoulder. Thankfully they didn't chase me so I then had the entire road to myself lol.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #58
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

This is what I find interesting about this.

There is a group who are siding with the bikers saying the guy in the RR must have done something to provoke this responses from the bikers. The RR should have never hit the guy on the bike even though biker may have brake checked him and the RR should have given care for these individuals lives before he decide to run their bikes over.

The other group are just saying the bikers are hoods and deserve what they get and should not be brake checking and stopping traffic and picking a fight with the RR driver. Basically these bikers should consider themselves lucky not to be dead,

At this point I do not care who did what leading up to this situation whether the RR driver in fact provoked the response. Give the situation, most people are going to side with a guy and his family over a punch of people riding their bikes like the own the entire road. A guy and his family trumps all even if he was initially wrong.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #59
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Not to mention the fact that even if he did cut them off or whatever they might claim, stopping him on the highway and surrounding his car is not the proper channel for a peaceful resolution.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2006 Z4M

There are comments on the original article of people saying the RR shouldn't have ran over the bikes. It's possible these people don't remember or weren't alive during the LA Riots. Those who remember the beating of Reginald Denny, I'm assuming are more likely to understand the risk of being stopped by an angry mob.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/...s-beating.html

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #61
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

For those who think this is an isolated situation in NYC check out this video. You can skip to a 1:15 for the incident. What people do not realize that when Bikers ride like this you have an increase chance of run in with them, under normal driving you run the risk of possible come too close to them and a situation like this happens.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #62
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Curious to see everyone's opinions. As I said in another thread addressing this topic. No matter what the circumstance is, unless you are in blatant danger then there is no excuse for the RR actions. It is clear disregard for other human's lives.
What...are you serious?

I would shit bricks if swarm of rice bikers STOP me on a highway and run toward me.
You wouldn't roll the window down to say "hello" if they lay their bike down and come toward you with F words spitting out.

You obviously run them over rather than get into the situation with your wife and baby in your car.

And...what kind of charity event riders block the highway?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #63
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Are you serious? If I was the RR I would run them all over, back up, and do a burnout on top of their bodies. I'm sorry, you block me in with my wife and child in the car and approach my vehicle in a threatening manner, you're dead.
dude are you serious? you and your wife and daughter surrounded by a group of mobs, what would you do? It's common sense.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #64
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboxing View Post
Initial reports say that the "charity run" was not authorized by any form of authority. Several reports even write the biker group was not a charity group at all, but one of those groups that record bikers doing tricks on public roads.

They definitely were too close. They also brake checked him. They also completely stopped traffic on the highway and several got off their bikes towards him in a very threatening manner.

I'm sorry, but how can you defend the riders in this situation?
The dudes bad ass, would get out and fight them all and risk his wife and daughter's safty.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #65
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
The dudes bad ass, would get out and fight them all and risk his wife and daughter's safty.
You misunderstood me. I never said I would get out.

I would floor it to get away, run over as many as I could, and shoot whoever was still blocking me.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #66
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: '14 Audi RS5

Quote:
dude are you serious? you and your wife and daughter surrounded by a group of mobs, what would you do? It's common sense.
Quote:
Um...what? Are you agreeing or disagreeing with us lol
Appreciate 0