New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: X3m40

Ok, listen people, i'm not trying to defend the bikers, up until now I was not very educated on the incident and only going off of what I see in the video. You can say that the biker brake checked the RR or you can say that the RR got so close to the bikers that he cause an unsafe incident. I mean, how the hell did he, BY HIMSELF end up in that situation in the first case. Don't you think that you would just slow down to let all the motorcycles pass? I find it hard pressed to believe that they randomly surrounded the RR for no reason at all. My initial reaction is that he somehow pushed his way to the front by being over aggressive in the first place. I think tons of accusations are being made on either side of this case however I just want you all to know that my SINGLE concern is the value that people place on human life. I'm sure that many of you along with myself have witnessed idiot drivers pulling stunts that could result in a biker being run over so before you claim that you would do the same, be sure to understand all circumstances of the situation.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #24
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
I'm not making any assumptions on what happened before or how the SUV ended up with so many bikes around him. You can see the biker move into his lane, look back at the SUV and brake check him. The SUV bumps the bike, and they all box him in. The driver of the SUV had his wife and kid with him. What the bikers are doing can be considered an act of aggression, and in my opinion the SUV driver had every right to try and avoid being assaulted.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Ok, listen people, i'm not trying to defend the bikers, up until now I was not very educated on the incident and only going off of what I see in the video. You can say that the biker brake checked the RR or you can say that the RR got so close to the bikers that he cause an unsafe incident. I mean, how the hell did he, BY HIMSELF end up in that situation in the first case. Don't you think that you would just slow down to let all the motorcycles pass? I find it hard pressed to believe that they randomly surrounded the RR for no reason at all. My initial reaction is that he somehow pushed his way to the front by being over aggressive in the first place. I think tons of accusations are being made on either side of this case however I just want you all to know that my SINGLE concern is the value that people place on human life. I'm sure that many of you along with myself have witnessed idiot drivers pulling stunts that could result in a biker being run over so before you claim that you would do the same, be sure to understand all circumstances of the situation.
I agree with you that the value placed on human life is very important. It's just that my personal calculation goes something like this:

#1. My family

#2. Me and my friends

#99584812838182585182381245812581824. Biker stunting gangs threatening me.

All loss of human life is regrettable. But I'd regret the loss of my family's and mine much more than theirs, especially when they're instigating. So I'd have no problem running them over to save my family's life.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #26
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

It were me in the Range Rover with the wife, kid or even by myself; as soon as that dude broke my window with his helmet he would have been shot. Not trying to be a bad ass, but i would have been armed and prepared to defend myself and my family.

You can't tell me that NYPD couldn't have a patrol unit at that guys location within 6 minutes. You KNOW he was on the phone with 911 the whole time. I would bet that NYPD would have been reluctant to get in the middle of that without riot gear and LOTS of friends. This is the point of being armed and ready to defend yourself and family. The Police is NOT OBLIGATED TO PROTECT YOU if they feel their own life is threatened.

I've been in a situation like this before in a much smaller city with a much smaller group of people chasing me. But in the end they shot at me and i was unarmed. That's not the case anymore and if more people would REFUSE to stand for this type of societal behavior by exercising their right to self defense, maybe these types of incidents would be fewer and further in between.
      09-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #27
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Also take note after the RR takes off, there is no traffic in front of him, really in NYC no traffic on the major road, this shows you how much traffic that must have been behind the bikers. The completely block the road and I am betting the RR some how got in the middle of them and then this broke out.

Later in the video, the bikers were smart enough to stop another vehicle in from of RR so not to get run over and the van took off since they knew what was up. Yeah these bikers were out for a nice sunday drive. Also the police did not say if they got any 911 calls from the bikers, why because the knew they were wrong.
I noticed that too. It's not their first time i bet.
      09-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 F25 X3

This is what I make from the video. The bikers def shouldn't have threatened the RR and know that he can mow them over.

The bikers were causing the traffic to snarl and RR must have tried honking at them to get out of his lane. There is also a chance that he cut thru one of them by speeding to front of them. This move aggravates some bikers as they cannot accept cars/SUVs to overtake them. So they followed the driver to stop him and teach a lesson. The RR driver panicked and thought they would attack him and his family. You can see that some bikers actually got off their bikes and approach the SUV. So he ran over the bikes(not the riders) to escape. Kind of stupid move but hey a tense moment like that can cause make a similar decision to flee.

While they are chasing RR calls 911 and tell them he’s in trouble. NYPD cannot get to a moving situation that fast. So he’s at the mercy of the road-rage.

Some bikers are known to drive erroneous but they are harmless when you just let them pass and do their thing. I know it’s kind of scary as some bikers don’t usually follow lane rules and sometimes pass you by almost side-swiping in your lane. This is very true for a high traffic cities like NYC.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

edit:

I see no fault in the RR, my previous comment was a bit aggressive
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Are you serious? If I was the RR I would run them all over, back up, and do a burnout on top of their bodies. I'm sorry, you block me in with my wife and child in the car and approach my vehicle in a threatening manner, you're dead.

+10000000

First: Headshots all of them, may they burn in hell.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: '14 Audi RS5

Quote:
I disagree that there is confusion to who's at fault.

From the video, you can see that everyone else is moving at a constant rate from about 0:20, up until about 0:26, where it's very clear the guy in front of the SUV (guy in white with black backpack) slows down dramatically. I'm willing to bet that the SUV had enough braking power, even given its weight, to have slowed down in time to avoid the collision (since the biker didn't lock up his brakes), BUT I'm also willing to bet he was barely paying attention at that one biker and instead was focusing on the situation that he was being surrounded by a hostile group of people.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #32
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No offense, but some people are just out for trouble. And some people when in large groups tend to act as if they are within their rights to do what ever they want. These same people have a tendency to move to violence over the smallest indiscretion.

My guess: Range Rover driver didn't like jackasses passing while on one wheel and while in the same lane he was in. Maybe he honked at them or let them know he thought he was they were number one.

Either way, once you stop someone by surrounding them on a three lane highway; things change real quick.
      09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #33
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:
Did you watch the entire video? First of all, it was a STUNTING GROUP.

Biker mob drives up on the RR EXTREMELY close, surround him on ALL SIDES. RR guy calls 911. Dude swerves in front of him and brake checks him. Idiot on bike doesn't realize his bike brakes faster than a 5000lb SUV, range rover bumper taps biker causing broken leg. I own a Land Rover LR2, much smaller than the RR, and they DO NOT BRAKE AS FAST AS A BIKE. Not only that, when surrounded by 50 bikers within 12 inches of your car, your attention is divided and you are scared. 100% the biker's fault.

At that point, 100+ bikers stop all traffic, lay down their bikes and surround the RR. People start running towards him and banging on the windows and yelling. THEY SLASH HIS TIRES.

RR has already called 911 but no police present

RR takes off and runs over a bike.

Bikers catch up and rip open his door - he runs away again.

Bikers catch him again and beat the shit out of him, putting him in the hospital.

The is 100% no possible way that a sane individual could find fault with the RR driver.

So yes, I repeat - if that happened to me, I would have absolutely zero qualms about killing as many as I could that assaulted my family. I think you'll find that far from me being an internet badass, you're actually in the vast, vast minority here. As evidenced by this thread and the hundreds of others on different forums. Even motorcycle forums are ripping the guys a new one.
You're damn right bro
      09-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #34
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I bet there bikers would not have pulled that stunt in TX they would have gotten themselves shoot.
first i read this and wanted to answer.........

but then i read where someone else posted what i was thinking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
It were me in the Range Rover with the wife, kid or even by myself; as soon as that dude broke my window with his helmet he would have been shot.

my Challenger has a Glock .40 in it with 16 Hydro-Shok rounds willing to say hello to some idiot that threatens me or my family.....

Texas, ya'll......
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #35
Dine
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc

I ride and im usually very quick to jump to the aid of other riders...but no matter what happened, what this video depicts is an enraged mob attacking a small family. just look how it ended, that is assault no matter how you look at it. as far as the brake check is concerned it was clearly the bikers intention to stop that vehicle, the entire group did nothing but try and stop this vehicle for nearly 6min and when they finally succeeded they beat the crap out of a father in front of his wife and child. I am in no way advocating that anyone should carry a gun with them at all times if they do not want to, but for those of us that do this is that 1 in a million scenario that its there for. The range rover did EVERYTHING i would have done (that's depicted in this video) to protect himself and his family. The bikers actions can in no way be justified, that was an angry helmet wielding mob and the range rover had every right to protect himself however he saw fit. the "internet badass" and I just would have resolved this much quicker and with less beating of our faces.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
I am in no way advocating that anyone should carry a gun with them at all times if they do not want to
people that don't carry guns in their vehicle get pulled out of their Range Rovers and beaten in front of their families.....
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #37
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Are you serious? If I was the RR I would run them all over, back up, and do a burnout on top of their bodies. I'm sorry, you block me in with my wife and child in the car and approach my vehicle in a threatening manner, you're dead.
This times a million.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #38
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

The video is now marked private, they must have realize its not going to go well for everyone in that video. I bet good old Bloomberg is going to declare war on these Biker Gangs. As we know Bloomberg does not go for this kind of thing.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-30-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #39
Dine
Private
Rep

Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
people that don't carry guns in their vehicle get pulled out of their Range Rovers and beaten in front of their families.....
lol well that was kind of my point but i was covering my bases and saying basically that i don't think you should HAVE to carry if your personal views are against guns in someway (i haven't gotten a feel for this forums views overall on this topic). But yes...clearly i personally have no intention of allowing someone to pull me out of my range rover.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #40
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
It were me in the Range Rover with the wife, kid or even by myself; as soon as that dude broke my window with his helmet he would have been shot. Not trying to be a bad ass, but i would have been armed and prepared to defend myself and my family.

You can't tell me that NYPD couldn't have a patrol unit at that guys location within 6 minutes. You KNOW he was on the phone with 911 the whole time. I would bet that NYPD would have been reluctant to get in the middle of that without riot gear and LOTS of friends. This is the point of being armed and ready to defend yourself and family. The Police is NOT OBLIGATED TO PROTECT YOU if they feel their own life is threatened.

I've been in a situation like this before in a much smaller city with a much smaller group of people chasing me. But in the end they shot at me and i was unarmed. That's not the case anymore and if more people would REFUSE to stand for this type of societal behavior by exercising their right to self defense, maybe these types of incidents would be fewer and further in between.
This is the thing most people failed to understand these days, the police come in afterward and clean up the mess. Just what the show Law and Order they say the police investigate, not the police stop crime and protect your ass when bad comes your way. Police only job is to investigate, assign blame, and arrest your ass.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #41
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
You probably know this but it's a felony to carry a firearm in NYC. Only the criminals and very famous radio personalities are permitted to carry firearms.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #42
Maestro
Major
Rep

Leave it to live leak, the video is now posted elsewhere so people can help identify who these people are.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f46b6174f7b7
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #43
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
lol well that was kind of my point but i was covering my bases and saying basically that i don't think you should HAVE to carry if your personal views are against guns in someway (i haven't gotten a feel for this forums views overall on this topic). But yes...clearly i personally have no intention of allowing someone to pull me out of my range rover.

i lead a bike cruise of 8 people from Houston to Austin last week.

very controlled, very safe and we didn't have any problems with traffic or cagers getting mad at us...

just a group of cruisers travelling on that gorgeous 76 degree day (first cold front of the year).....
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #44
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
You probably know this but it's a felony to carry a firearm in NYC. Only the criminals and very famous radio personalities are permitted to carry firearms.
And this is why this happen in NYC and does not happen in TX. Criminals know they can do stuff like this since they know you are most likely not going to pull a gun on them.

As FL what happen when they took peoples rights to carry a gun away and the criminals began car jacking people, give people back their rights and the car jack stopped.
Appreciate 0