New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: '14 Audi RS5

Biker Gang and Land Rover Incident in NYC

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-...r-rams-riders/
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: X3m40

Curious to see everyone's opinions. As I said in another thread addressing this topic. No matter what the circumstance is, unless you are in blatant danger then there is no excuse for the RR actions. It is clear disregard for other human's lives.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Drives: Your mum crazy.

New Yorkers, I tell you.

People have absolutely no sense of right and wrong. To do that to someone and on top of it all in front of his wife and daughter? The entire group deserves a public stoning.

Hopefully the next story will be about their jail sentencing.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I wonder what provoked them to surround him and stop him in the first place? Seeing him on the phone,? Doubtful. There is most likely more to this story.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I wonder what provoked them to surround him and stop him in the first place? Seeing him on the phone,? Doubtful. There is most likely more to this story.
I doubt they would care about him being on the phone...given that the bikers were doing all kinds of illegal shit.

From the video, it seems like they were just randomly messing with cars (merging too closely, lane splitting, etc.), but the SUV honked a few times and provoked one of the bikers to brake check him.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Curious to see everyone's opinions. As I said in another thread addressing this topic. No matter what the circumstance is, unless you are in blatant danger then there is no excuse for the RR actions. It is clear disregard for other human's lives.
Are you serious? If I was the RR I would run them all over, back up, and do a burnout on top of their bodies. I'm sorry, you block me in with my wife and child in the car and approach my vehicle in a threatening manner, you're dead.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
yarviinn
Captain
Rep

Drives: E9TT3

A shame he didn't run over more of them...

For the lulz...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Horrendous. I hope they all see jail time. Open and shut self-defense case. I'm also shocked that in that span they did not see a single NYPD car.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

That was some crazy stuff. If it was me in that SUV I would probably have ran over the bikes to get away too. I mean what did you expect the guy to do? The bikers laid their bikes down on the ground to block his way. Who the hell knows what they were going to do? Put yourself in his position: surrounded by dozens of bikers randomly...Now let's note that if it was indeed random then I don't blame him. If it was him that provoked them then I'm not sure what else to say.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Horrendous. I hope they all see jail time. Open and shut self-defense case. I'm also shocked that in that span they did not see a single NYPD car.
+1. I wonder if he called the cops and reported the chase. If he did they should have been all over the scene.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Are you serious? If I was the RR I would run them all over, back up, and do a burnout on top of their bodies. I'm sorry, you block me in with my wife and child in the car and approach my vehicle in a threatening manner, you're dead.
Seems like we have a serious internet bad a$$ right here. It was a charity run for christ sake. I was on the BQE on sunday and there were several other huge groups of motorcycle riders cruising around. It was a beautiful sunday so naturally if I see a group of motorcycle riders getting close to me i'll run them over . The only threats we can see are driving close to someones vehicle. Let me just say that if you are going to run everyone over who comes close to your vehicle in NYC then GTFO. Being close to other vehicles ISSSS city driving!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Honestly Range Rover should use this for advertising. Makes me want to buy one.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
excuse me, you do not stop traffic on a major NYC road and hope it going to end well for these guys and their bikes. They are lucky the guy did not run them over. No matter what the guy may or may not have done leading up to this. The bikers escalated the situation and I was the driver in an SUV I would have done the same thing especial if I had my kid in the car.

I bet these bikers would not have pulled that stunt in TX they would have gotten themselves shoot.

They are lucky the guy was not Walter White.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-30-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Seems like we have a serious internet bad a$$ right here. It was a charity run for christ sake. I was on the BQE on sunday and there were several other huge groups of motorcycle riders cruising around. It was a beautiful sunday so naturally if I see a group of motorcycle riders getting close to me i'll run them over . The only threats we can see are driving close to someones vehicle. Let me just say that if you are going to run everyone over who comes close to your vehicle in NYC then GTFO. Being close to other vehicles ISSSS city driving!!!!
Initial reports say that the "charity run" was not authorized by any form of authority. Several reports even write the biker group was not a charity group at all, but one of those groups that record bikers doing tricks on public roads.

They definitely were too close. They also brake checked him. They also completely stopped traffic on the highway and several got off their bikes towards him in a very threatening manner.

I'm sorry, but how can you defend the riders in this situation?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Did you watch the entire video? First of all, it was a STUNTING GROUP.

Biker mob drives up on the RR EXTREMELY close, surround him on ALL SIDES. RR guy calls 911. Dude swerves in front of him and brake checks him. Idiot on bike doesn't realize his bike brakes faster than a 5000lb SUV, range rover bumper taps biker causing broken leg. I own a Land Rover LR2, much smaller than the RR, and they DO NOT BRAKE AS FAST AS A BIKE. Not only that, when surrounded by 50 bikers within 12 inches of your car, your attention is divided and you are scared. 100% the biker's fault.

At that point, 100+ bikers stop all traffic, lay down their bikes and surround the RR. People start running towards him and banging on the windows and yelling. THEY SLASH HIS TIRES.

RR has already called 911 but no police present

RR takes off and runs over a bike.

Bikers catch up and rip open his door - he runs away again.

Bikers catch him again and beat the shit out of him, putting him in the hospital.

The is 100% no possible way that a sane individual could find fault with the RR driver.

So yes, I repeat - if that happened to me, I would have absolutely zero qualms about killing as many as I could that assaulted my family. I think you'll find that far from me being an internet badass, you're actually in the vast, vast minority here. As evidenced by this thread and the hundreds of others on different forums. Even motorcycle forums are ripping the guys a new one.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 09-30-2013 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

It'll be interesting to see how many of the mf's they arrest since they are all accomplices, looking at the pics.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Also take note after the RR takes off, there is no traffic in front of him, really in NYC no traffic on the major road, this shows you how much traffic that must have been behind the bikers. They completely block the road and I am betting the RR some how got in the middle of them and then this broke out.

Later in the video, the bikers were smart enough to stop another vehicle in from of RR so not to get run over and the van took off since they knew what was up. Yeah these bikers were out for a nice sunday drive. Also the police did not say if they got any 911 calls from the bikers, why because the knew they were wrong.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-30-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #18
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

One question: howcome that door came off so easily? Was it not locked?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
lol "charity ride"

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I'm guessing he or his wife was frantically mashing the "lock" button and accidentally unlocked it.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Yeah I was shocked that he didn't have his doors locked.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

With a baby in the car, I would have done the same thing. Protect the infant, even if that means running the bikers over.
Appreciate 0