Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #133
Sassicaia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
From a man's point of you, that is an easy question. Ask it to your wife, daughter, or some other female to see if the answer is the same. Not disagreeing with you, but the perspective is different.
So you are saying that if a claim is not found to be true that should be ok?

Lets consider for a moment if the shoe was on the other foot. I have had this debate with my wife and pointed to the fact that true feminism is about equality not about swinging the pendulum in the other direction. This is hypocrisy perpetuated by the left.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/n...professor.html

Feminists speaking out to protect one of their own. What would a wife/daughter say about this situation?

Here the feminist tried to denounce the claims based on the merits of the accused "keen wit" and "intellectual commitment".

“We testify to the grace, the keen wit, and the intellectual commitment of Professor Ronell and ask that she be accorded the dignity rightly deserved by someone of her international standing and reputation,”

The Title IX report concluded that there was not enough evidence to find Professor Ronell responsible for sexual assault, partly because no one else observed the interactions in his apartment or her room in Paris.

Diane Davis, chair of the department of rhetoric at the University of Texas-Austin, who also signed the letter to the university supporting Professor Ronell, said she and her colleagues were particularly disturbed that, as they saw it, Mr. Reitman was using Title IX, a feminist tool, to take down a feminist.

Its hypocrisy and I would surmise the following either a.) Man or woman must provide evidence when accusing someone of sexual assault or b.) no evidence must be provided, but both men and woman are given the same regard.
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2376.00

09-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #134
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
From a man's point of you, that is an easy question. Ask it to your wife, daughter, or some other female to see if the answer is the same. Not disagreeing with you, but the perspective is different.
Fact: Males are insanely horny during their high school and college years. Nothing wrong with that - just the way God made us.

The problem, obviously, is our trespasses. I think most of us actually kept our wits about us and behaved like gentlemen while dating and/or around girls. Good for us. The rest should be ashamed of themselves, even to this day.

Think of your wife. Think of your daughter/s. Think of your grand daughters.

Now think of Trump gropping any one of them.

Question: Would any of you man-up and confront his sorry ass?

Want a Cookie?.

Last edited by 3.0L; 09-17-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2018, 09:59 PM   #135
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 AW F80

I thought the man is presumed innocent......but that might not apply to his cysgender white male privilege 0.o
Kidding aside, I don't see this a a Man's or Woman's point of view, it's great that the US , the country where I immigrated too, has this amazing system where you still need PROOF in a court of law
Ill save my judgement until the accused is found responsible
until then, ill give the accused the benefit of the doubt
same benefit I would gladly give to Asia Argento
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #136
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
So you are saying that if a claim is not found to be true that should be ok?

Lets consider for a moment if the shoe was on the other foot. I have had this debate with my wife and pointed to the fact that true feminism is about equality not about swinging the pendulum in the other direction. This is hypocrisy perpetuated by the left.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/n...professor.html

Feminists speaking out to protect one of their own. What would a wife/daughter say about this situation?

Here the feminist tried to denounce the claims based on the merits of the accused "keen wit" and "intellectual commitment".

“We testify to the grace, the keen wit, and the intellectual commitment of Professor Ronell and ask that she be accorded the dignity rightly deserved by someone of her international standing and reputation,”

The Title IX report concluded that there was not enough evidence to find Professor Ronell responsible for sexual assault, partly because no one else observed the interactions in his apartment or her room in Paris.

Diane Davis, chair of the department of rhetoric at the University of Texas-Austin, who also signed the letter to the university supporting Professor Ronell, said she and her colleagues were particularly disturbed that, as they saw it, Mr. Reitman was using Title IX, a feminist tool, to take down a feminist.

Its hypocrisy and I would surmise the following either a.) Man or woman must provide evidence when accusing someone of sexual assault or b.) no evidence must be provided, but both men and woman are given the same regard.
Not at all. What I am saying is that a man and a woman are most always going to have a different view on matters such as these. I agree that if a woman accuses a man falsely, she too should pay the consequences. But I just do not believe that a woman is going to come out of an assault the way a man would. Look at how we, as men, view young men (below age of consent) when a teacher has sex with them, as compared to when a girl of the same age does it.
To end, this accuser better have her ducks in order, or she will just be a major set back to women's whole "me-too" ideology.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #137
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

My wife and have seriously discussed this issue and my initial viewpoint was it took place in high school and most guys have the overwhelming curiosity of the opposite sex yet we are in no mans land-no visible means of support no moves, no experience, it was all very confusing. So, we should be forgiven for any such transgressions especially when alcohol is involved but my wife was sexually assaulted while in high school by her brother in law and she feels differently. She said it doesn't matter and that any women who would "comeout' about an experience and who had received therapy and shared the matter with her husband has been scarred, probably for life.

I have to agree with her viewpoint and have a daughter and grandaughter.
Appreciate 2
ard5040400.00
3.0L1292.00

09-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #138
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Lol when all else fails just claim sexual assault. Classic leftist strategy.

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 1
PA135ii234.50

09-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #139
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
And:

- only her lawyer received the polygraph results, which was administered by an ex-FBI agent, and only one test was administered. The lawyer has yet to release the results,

- her lawyer has a history of sleazy sex cases (she defended Al Franken),

- the other guy who she said was in the room said it never happened.

UPDATE: Apparently The woman's parents lost their house in a foreclosure, in 1996. Kavanaugh's mother was the judge in that foreclosure hearing...
Didn't take long for the far right to circle the wagons. Now we know where you get your "information". So you saw some shit on a website and assumed that since it confirmed your suspicions that it had to be true? Even the Washington Examiner, that bastion of right wing truth, exposed this for the shit that it is. BBBB, just search Montgomery County Court case 156006V. You"ll see that Judge Kavanaugh, the mom, issued a voluntary motion to dismiss after the Blaseys and their bank UMLIC-Eight Corp reached an agreement and the bank asked the court to dismiss. Look, I had doubts that anyone should be held accountable for something that happened in high school. Then my 31 year old daughter and I got into a pretty heated argument until she asked me if I ever put my hand over a girls mouth and tried to rip her clothes off when I was in high school? Then she asked if I really thought someone who could do that changed over thirty years. I don't know the answer to that, but I think it's better to err on the side of caution when that person will have to decide on a women right to make her own health choices. This is a guy whose written that the pill is abortion after all. But you guys stick with your lying whore narrative. By the way, trump needs to survive this term never mind who the democratic candidate will be in2020.
Your post is a bit unhinged...
      09-17-2018, 11:46 PM   #140
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Quote:
Fact: Males are insanely horny during their high school and college years. Nothing wrong with that - just the way God made us.

The problem, obviously, is our trespasses. I think most of us actually kept our wits about us and behaved like gentlemen while dating and/or around girls. Good for us. The rest should be ashamed of themselves, even to this day.

Think of your wife. Think of your daughter/s. Think of your grand daughters.

Now think of Trump gropping any one of them.

Question: Would any of you man-up and confront his sorry ass?
What? "Think of Trump groping them?" Why would anyone need to do that? He's not Joe Biden.
      09-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #141
obe100
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: on the weekends…

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
And:

- only her lawyer received the polygraph results, which was administered by an ex-FBI agent, and only one test was administered. The lawyer has yet to release the results,

- her lawyer has a history of sleazy sex cases (she defended Al Franken),

- the other guy who she said was in the room said it never happened.

UPDATE: Apparently The woman's parents lost their house in a foreclosure, in 1996. Kavanaugh's mother was the judge in that foreclosure hearing...
...maybe Trump should hire her. He puts the S.L.E.A.Z.Y. in sleazy.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 06:41 AM   #142
ard5040
Captain
Rep

Drives: '09 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
I thought the man is presumed innocent......but that might not apply to his cysgender white male privilege 0.o
Kidding aside, I don't see this a a Man's or Woman's point of view, it's great that the US , the country where I immigrated too, has this amazing system where you still need PROOF in a court of law
Ill save my judgement until the accused is found responsible
until then, ill give the accused the benefit of the doubt
same benefit I would gladly give to Asia Argento
He is/should be presumed innocent. That’s why this needs to be investigated by the FBI as the democrats have requested. Unfortunately, trump, having nominated Kavanaugh, is the only one who can order the investigation. Ain’t gonna happen. And the republicans on the judiciary committee, 11 white men over 55, are in a rush to get this done before the November elections (they see what all of you who talk about trump’s second term don’t see). So without a formal investigation the result of Monday’s hearing is a foregone conclusion. Orin Hatch has already said he’ll vote to confirm regardless of what Prof Ford says.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #143
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep

Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Now I don't think he is going to legalize it, don't get me wrong. But he would go down in History if he did and get that 2nd term guaranteed. No questions asked.

Imagine the economy booming and then you add in legalized weed. No more bales of weed from Mexico. Less crime in every state, less POC in jails for BS weed offences, huge amount of tax revenue.

It would just be EPIC.
Trump was asked about it during the campaign and he said leave it up to the states. Not sure if his position has changed on that.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #144
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

second accuser has come forward, looks like it's all over now.
Attached Images

09-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #145
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

I'm not siding with either of them until I hear what they have to say on the 24th. However, I have to wonder why no one else has come forward. They were at a party, right. Had to have been at least a handful of other people there to make it a party. So why is it up to this point simply her word against his? Haven't seen a single one of his or her old HS friends come out and comment one way or the other. That seems odd. Maybe they are talking and I've just missed it?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #146
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I'm not siding with either of them until I hear what they have to say on the 24th. However, I have to wonder why no one else has come forward. They were at a party, right. Had to have been at least a handful of other people there to make it a party. So why is it up to this point simply her word against his? Haven't seen a single one of his or her old HS friends come out and comment one way or the other. That seems odd. Maybe they are talking and I've just missed it?
I do believe one person, who was there, has come out to say it never happened.
      09-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #147
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
second accuser has come forward, looks like it's all over now.
He did this unwanted sexual thing for 3 YEARS?

This is just getting stranger and stranger every minute.
Appreciate 2
      09-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #148
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Admittedly have been a bit unplugged the last week; too much going on at work.

Well, round that guy up for the 24th too. I like Gonzo's suggestion: Get them all in the same room at the same time and sort this sh*t out. It's what I do with my employees who cant get along and are giving me conflicting stories.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #149
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Drives: m4

As of this morning, Ford has not accepted the invitation to testify.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #150
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

DetR.
He said he will testify under oath that he was not even at this so called party.

Update:
She has NOT accepted invitation to testify Monday. Bad information yesterday claiming she would.
      09-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #151
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Another thing.
If she declines the offer to testify, hoist another red flag. I'm thinking she will pass, claiming emotional trauma or the like...30 years later.
Not saying either one of them is this or that but he's saying let's go, I'm ready and if she says I can't do it, well, there's a problemo.
      09-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #152
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Thanks. Admittedly have been a bit unplugged the last week; too much going on at work.

Well, round that guy up for the 24th too. I like Gonzo's suggestion: Get them all in the same room at the same time and sort this sh*t out. It's what I do with my employees who cant get along and are giving me conflicting stories.
Work? I remember those days.
Appreciate 2
3.0L1292.00

09-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #153
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: M235i

Kavanaugh is playing this all wrong. Instead of denying sexual exploits, he should brag them up like Trump did.

Hey, it works! Right?

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #154
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Yeah and this guy happened to write a book about Gen X and in it, he describes his life in high school. In it he describes excessive drinking, crazy parties, etc. and a guy by the last name of Kavanaugh getting loaded and puking in his car. He also embraced the quote “Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs.” in his yearbook page. He's also authored quite a few articles about calling Obama a woman, articles with racial and anti homosexual and feminist undertones. You can't make this stuff up. LOL
Appreciate 1