F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Here at last!
proTUNING Freaks

04-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Sneds27
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Here at last!

Hello all, newbie here! I've been lurking since late Feb and I'm now the proud owner of a new F31 330d M Sport...

Alpine white
M Sport Plus Pack
Visibility pack
Heated fr seats
Pro media

Sorry to start on a negative but I had a nightmare with Stratstone Derby actually buying the car; the salesman got his "wires crossed", I nearly ended up driving the 200 mile round trip on 22nd March to collect the wrong car, saloon instead of touring. I was originally speaking to them about a couple of used Touring's they had in stock but they ended up doing me a good deal on a new 14 plate car that was on the way to them to be used as a demonstrator. Their story is that they took delivery of 2 x 330d M sports in white at the same time, one saloon and one touring, somehow I ended up with the saloon, I noticed on the paperwork they sent through 2 days before I was due to collect.
Having realised their mistake they embarked on a search to find a car to match the one I thought I'd bought or I was on the 4-6 week wait for one off the factory line. They managed to find one in UK stock and do a swap deal with a dealer in Bristol. Then the transport co let them down so I had to wait further 4 days for collection and in the mean time pay for temp insurance on my CLK (refunded by the dealer during handover).

I think being so far away from the dealer played a large part in the lack of "customer service" I experienced. A mistake I can understand but a lack of communication makes my blood boil.

Anyway, drove to Derby on Monday evening to get the car. Nice handover, even nicer drive home (albeit sensible as it only had 9 miles on the clock). The car's amazing, it's in a completely different league to the '09 CLK 220 CDI I part-ex'd. The power delivery, the HK sound system, the build quality, and although white wasn't on the top of my colour list I now think it was meant to be, it seems to make the blue calipers stand out from behind the lovely 19's. A bit geeky I know, I wasn't expecting it but how good is the handwriting recognition on the iDrive controller!

Looking forward to giving it a good clean this weekend, decontaminating the paintwork, sealing the alloys and paintwork, I'm sure cleaning will become a weekly task with it being white, it already looks dirty. I'll get some (iPhone) pics up once it's gleaming.

I couldn't be more pleased with the car, this morning I got it up to temperature after the school run and took it for a blast down a dual carriageway 10 mins from the house. What an incredible engine, can't wait to get a few more miles in (800+), get it in sport mode down some winding country lanes, use the paddles and see what it can really do.

Real shame about the buying experience though, I've just got my "BMW Sales Satisfaction Survey" email through...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
chiark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330D 2014

Welcome to the fold! Good luck keeping away from the throttle for 1200 miles

"Stratstone in customer horror shocker" is starting to sound a little bit like "dog bites man" in terms of news. http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/view...p?f=4&t=156729
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark

"Stratstone in customer horror shocker" is starting to sound a little bit like "dog bites man" in terms of news. http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/view...p?f=4&t=156729
I got some parts from them a few weeks back and the service was great. Granted it wasn't a whole car and it was an internet order so was quite specific
      04-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Sneds27
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post

My god, I've got off lightly compared to this guy. Fortunately they're not my local dealership so I've no reason to deal with them ever again
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Enjoy your new car.

I didnt give my dealer a good review on the satisfaction survey either.

Doubt they give a toss as never heard anything back after i submitted the survey.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #6
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Excellent at least it worked out in end.

Cough .... Pics

It would be good if BMW actually did some form of follow up with these cases.
Appreciate 0