New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-23-2022, 05:04 AM   #1
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
Arrow Higher Ground Tour 2024 - Artic Circle

After the successful journey we had at our HGT'22 we are putting thoughts in place for a trip to Scandinavia namely Norway and enjoy the country encompassing mountains, glaciers and deep coastal fjords.

Very challenge and demanding planning and I would love to read some of you that either might already been in Norway and experienced some of the stuff we're looking to get. Others that might be interested to join are free to post their thoughts and from there we move forward. Still a long way to come but since nowadays the tomorrow’s an uncertainty this sort of trips and planning somehow entertain ourselves and as more information we can get for this event better. I'll be posting every now and then some relevant information that i'm acquiring from different sources. Therefore if you're willing to help us please do!

mjn77 Alexander_Sebastian @bmw.pi314 will be joining us and a few more non-bimmerpost folks

Thanks
Joao

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1246.50
      06-23-2022, 05:11 AM   #2
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Of course! I'm there!!!!

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
Of course! I'm there!!!!
Awesome!

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
mjn771072.50
      06-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #4
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Toll in Scandinavia with AutoPass (Norway, Sweden and Denmark) - info dated on the 23.06.2022

A large number of motorways, highways, bridges, tunnels and ferries are subject to toll charges in Scandinavia. With the AutoPass box of tolltickets, you are able to pay toll fees simply and conveniently in all three countries, namely Norway, Denmark and Sweden. The AutoPass box of tolltickets system is above all appropriate for holidaymakers and business travellers.

In Norway, the construction costs for roads, bridges and tunnels are paid by toll collections. Each new construction project leads to at least one new toll station. As soon as the construction costs have been recouped by means of toll charges, the toll station is dismantled. This is why in Norway a permanent change of location and number of toll stations takes place. There are currently about 50 construction projects, for each of which at least one toll station has been built up. For example, more than 18 toll stations were set up for an “Oslo City” building project. In order to reduce the costs for the toll collection, most of the pay gates were fully automated.

Caution!
For commercial vehicles (heavy vehicles and busses) over 3.5 tons a AutoPass box is obligatory from 1st January 2015! In case of violation a fine of 8,000 NOK will be levied. The amount increases to 12,000 NOK if the fine is not paid within three weeks. If the violation is repeated within two years, the fine will increase to NOK 16 000. All private vehicles and motorhomes are exempted from this rule. However, it is recommended to use an AutoPass box to receive discounts on toll roads.

Price list Norway:

How it works:

Automatic toll collection
Most toll stations (exception: Atlanterhavstunnel) are fully-automated toll machines. The toll collection in Norway is effected in the flow of traffic. At the toll stations, it is not possible to pay the toll manually and it is strictly forbidden to stop. Instead, the toll collection is effected by an AutoPass Box or by reading the vehicle’s license plate number by means of cameras.

AutoPass Box The AutoPass Box is a small device which is stuck on the windscreen wiper. With the help of this appliance, all toll passages are recorded and are settled by means of the specified means of payment.
Vehicles without an AutoPass If no AutoPass Box s available, the vehicle owner will be determined by the toll operator and an invoice will be forwarded by mail. If foreign vehicles are involved, invoices are issued by Euro Parking Collection plc (EPC) with a processing charge also being due.
tolltickets are offered by AutoPass Box – mainly for foreign holidaymakers and business travellers. For the aforesaid purpose, they do not have to open a current balance account of their own. Instead, the toll charge is settled at regular intervals or after returning the Box together with their specified means of payment. As soon as you no longer require the box, please simply return it to us once again. As a result of the simultaneous use of the Box on bridges and ferries in Denmark and Sweden – and by the receipt of attractive discounts – it will be even easier and more stress-free for you to drive through Scandinavia.

The AutoPass Box may currently be used on the following bridges and ferries
1. Ferry: Alslinjen Bøjden – Fynshav (AutoPass usage for vehicles under 6m in length.)

2. Ferry: Elsinore – Helsingborg

3. Ferry: Spodsbjerg – Tårs (AutoPass usage for vehicles under 6m in length.)

4. Ferry: Mols-Linien Odden – Århus (AutoPass usage for vehicles with a maximum of 9 persons.)

5. Ferry: Mols-Linien Odden – Ebeltoft (AutoPass usage for vehicles with a maximum of 9 persons.)

6. Ferry: Scandlines Rostock – Gedser (AutoPass usage for vehicles under 6m in length.)

7. Ferry: Scandlines Puttgarden – Rødby (AutoPass usage for vehicles up to 6m in length.)

8. Bridge: Storebæltsbroen (Mobile homes: AutoPass use for vehicles up to a maximum of 2.7m high.)

9. Bridge: Øresundsbron

10. Ferry: Anda – Lote

11. Ferry: Moss – Horten

12. Ferry: Bognes – Skarberget

13. Ferry: Brekstad – Valset

14. Ferry: Drag – Kjøpsvik

15. Ferry: Flakk – Rørvik

16. Ferry: Halhjem – Sandvikvåg

17. Ferry: Mortavika – Arsvågen

18. Bridge: E6 Svinesundsforbindelsen

If you have booked an appropriate ferry in advance, please wrap your toll box in aluminum foil to avoid double bookings.

The advantages at a glance:

Vehicle change:

The AutoPass toll box is linked to the license plate of your vehicle. However, the toll box can be used at any time in another vehicle of the same vehicle class. Before changing the vehicle, all you have to do is change the toll box in you mytolltickets account to the new vehicle.

The AutoPass toll box is linked to the license plate of your vehicle. However, the toll box can be used at any time in another vehicle of the same vehicle class. Before changing the vehicle, all you have to do is change the toll box in you mytolltickets account to the new vehicle.

Order here.

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
mjn771072.50
      07-02-2022, 06:19 AM   #5
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Some good thing to know ....

Norway - Trollstigen. Go there early morning or evenings. Otherwise you will meet a thousand campers ….

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1246.50
      07-03-2022, 05:41 AM   #6
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Don't worry, i can be ready at any time!!!

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #7
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
Don't worry, i can be ready at any time!!!
I know it bro!

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
mjn771072.50