Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-21-2019, 12:24 PM   #45
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
IIRC the F-14s operational/maintenance costs were getting extremely high, especially compared to the Hornet. This was a big factor in their retirement.

Even if Iran got spare parts they still wouldn't of been able to keep many in the air without the expertise on how to keep them that way. It was a very complex aircraft to keep in flying/combat status. Plus no offense to the F-14 as it is one of my all time favs, but it wouldn't pose much of a threat in an Iranian pilots hands to US forces.
You’re right, the Tomcat in the Iranians hands wouldn’t stand a chance against Naval Aviators for primarily two more big reasons. 1; the Iranian training doesn’t come close to what the US does to make the pilots the best out there.
2; we sold aircraft to them with “dumbed down avionics”. Would never give them our top secret electronics.

The 14 was the Navy’s flagship fighter when I served. My X wife worked at Grumman building the electronics for the 14. It’s also very high on my list of favorites. Another issue, they were big aircraft and took up a lot of valuable space where space is a primary concern. They gulped fuel like crazy but they were the baddest Interceptor the Navy ever had. They could really turn and burn to get out there super fast and intercept the enemy before they were ready to launch, each Tomcat could kill many incoming threats at the same time( fire and forget) all out of visual contact with each other.

They F-14 was built to take on the soviets attacking our Battle Groups with a shitload of bandits as was their tactics attacking all at once. When the Cold War ended the 14 was mothballed replaced with 18’s which served multiple roles( F/A) better then the more pure Interceptor fleet protection Tomcat.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-21-2019 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 3
minn195408.00
MKSixer13449.50
glennQNYC4938.50

05-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #46
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post

The other oddity is the damage to the tankers is supposedly under the waterline and thus not visible. Yet, no leaks or environmental impact from this. I haven't seen any reported images either. Has anyone seen any images of this act of sabotage?

Odd.
I've seen a pic of the smaller tanker that was hit. Clear hole right at the waterline in the stern. No cargo tanks back there - the engine room is there.
I thought they were Saudi tankers. That isn't a Saudi flag. Maybe they were just carrying Saudi oil?
      05-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #47
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
I thought they were Saudi tankers. That isn't a Saudi flag. Maybe they were just carrying Saudi oil?
The products tanker was Norwegian flagged and I think Norwegian owned.

Also the tanker's insurer thinks the attack was likely organised by the Revolutionary Guards,
      05-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #48
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
So it turns out war against Iran didn't poll well and now the Iran threat is "on hold" haha. Yes that's a quote! What a joke these crazy republicans are. I guess we have to wait another 6 months during that time crazy republicans will try again I build up hype like Iraq war and tell us how evil they are and we'll see a couple more false flags and see if they can move the poll numbers to their favor so they can get a war on. Truly insane ppl hype hype hype so that more ppl can die for what? Oh yea so they can get rich on stock market such horrible ppl!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #49
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
So it turns out war against Iran didn't poll well and now the Iran threat is "on hold" haha. Yes that's a quote! What a joke these crazy republicans are. I guess we have to wait another 6 months during that time crazy republicans will try again I build up hype like Iraq war and tell us how evil they are and we'll see a couple more false flags and see if they can move the poll numbers to their favor so they can get a war on. Truly insane ppl hype hype hype so that more ppl can die for what? Oh yea so they can get rich on stock market such horrible ppl!
Up your meds.

05-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #50
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Up your meds.
Check this thread in a year and let's see if they don't do what I say here we all know I'm right cause it's the same exact playbook for war in Iraq, you just hoping everyone is dumb and doesn't notice
Appreciate 1
1 AKY283.00

05-21-2019, 06:55 PM   #51
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Up your meds.
That and holy run-on sentence.

Tough read. Just saying
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #52
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

The more difficult to read then more people will even bother to do so, let him be.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 08:12 PM   #53
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Up your meds.
Check this thread in a year and let's see if they don't do what I say here we all know I'm right cause it's the same exact playbook for war in Iraq, you just hoping everyone is dumb and doesn't notice
Let the record show SoCalS2k is predicting Republicans (only apparently) are going to engage in a war with Iran in the summer of an election year.

05-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #54
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  14.7 KB
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #55
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Quote:
Attachment 2059742
Easy to be an Internet tough guy when no one told know has to go and fight and die so you can get rich off stocks. So sad
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 09:01 PM   #56
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Easy to be an Internet tough guy when no one told know has to go and fight and die so you can get rich off stocks. So sad
Name:  11rg4l.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  44.2 KB
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee1221.50
eluded1518.50

05-21-2019, 09:03 PM   #57
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Quote:
Attachment 2059763
I still remember the time you told me when someone does personal attacks or memes they lost the debate
Appreciate 2
1 AKY283.00

05-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #58
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I still remember the time you told me when someone does personal attacks or memes they lost the debate
Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 145
Size:  260.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #59
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Big troop surge! I guess some "incident" will happen after the surge and we'll be so happy we had those troops ready for war just on time. Same old tricks crazy republicans trying to pull for war?

Atleast this time we got Saudi Arabia and Sudan on our side what an awesome alliance. Even Poland doesn't want any of this
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #60
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Big troop surge! I guess some "incident" will happen after the surge and we'll be so happy we had those troops ready for war just on time. Same old tricks crazy republicans trying to pull for war?

Atleast this time we got Saudi Arabia and Sudan on our side what an awesome alliance. Even Poland doesn't want any of this
1500 additional troops is a 'surge'? How many wars has DJT started in the last 2.5 years? The previous administration toppled the Libyan government so that now they have charming open air slave markets and no central government. Lets not even start with Syria. But oh noooo Orange Man is the boogeyman that is going to start a war
Appreciate 4
.2pdk3997.50
N54Yankee1221.50
arkie6299.00
glennQNYC4938.50

05-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #61
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

1500 is a surge??

Quote:

Name:  tenorwww.gif
Views: 108
Size:  415.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #62
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:

If you put in the distinction *zionist neo-cons* then yeah, I would totally be on board with you.

This Iran talk is just saber-rattling by Trump, nothing more.
Colossians 2:15
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 11:47 AM   #63
kitesurfer
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Another War for Israel and the Necon Cabal...

I bet we'll see Bebe Satanyahu get up in front of the UN and give another "Redline" speech on Iran.... Amazing this speech was 7 years ago... and Iran was just "Months away from having a Nuclear Bomb"... According to him we should have all been dead circa 6 yrs & 6 months ago..Lol!

Last edited by kitesurfer; 05-25-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump4989.00
1 AKY283.00

05-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #64
kitesurfer
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Lets not forget 4 Star General Wesley Clark speech; "US to invade 7 Muslim Countries in 5 yrs" just weeks after 9/11 - He Exposed America's Foreign Policy "Coup" by the Fu**ing Neocons... Look up PNAC , Look up Christopher Bollyn Solving 9/11....Learn the Truth! Stop buying the Lies !!

They Lied about Iraq.
They Lied about Libya.
They Lied about Syria.
They are Lying about Iran.

Last edited by kitesurfer; 05-26-2019 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump4989.00
1 AKY283.00

05-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #65
adc100
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
Lets not forget 4 Star General Wesley Clark speech; "US to invade 7 Muslim Countries in 5 yrs" just weeks after 9/11 - He Exposed America's Foreign Policy "Coup" by the Fu**ing Neocons... Look up PNAC , Look up Christopher Bollyn Solving 9/11....Learn the Truth! Stop buying the Lies !!

They Lied about Iraq.
They Lied about Libya.
You better tell that to Israel. They could give a F**K about him.
Israel will not allow Iran to get a bomb. If you want to bet against what I am saying..let me know how many 10G bags of money you want to bet me.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #66
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
I think everyone knows the plan always was to attack each of these countries one by one and make them into a mess with the end goal and hardest one gonnabe Iran.

All the presidents went along with this plan even Obama until his second term when he suddenly changed direction 180 and made a deal with Iran.

That pissed them off and ruined plans and after that is when all the crazy bad press for Obama came out and they went all in to get a republican elected and when trump came out they went all in with him.

Now trump is getting back to the original plan to attack Iran. Only way it won't happen is if he pulls an Obama and decides he has his own ideas in a second term, but if they get a hint he might have his own ideas they will get him impeached and put someone else in who will follow plan. Trump is following them and giving them all they want so I think something bad is coming.

What is bad is that I think this plan is a big mistake and we gonna get hurt badly on economy and morale and everything that was bad during Iraq war times except x10
Appreciate 1