New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

06-08-2023, 08:05 AM   #1
Tennis01
Registered
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i

I need help please...

e92 2011 328 i dropped off on trailer was getting crank no start looked as if there was some water damage watched a youtube video that explains how to jump terminal 37 38 39 because I was getting DME codes etc so I made jumper and car started but was blowing white smoke and gas what smells like was coming out the exhaust I'm being told that the car sat for about a year and I replaced the battery because it was also sitting in a pool of water about 4 in deep I drain the water of course used voltometr and tested all plugins and pins everywhere all of the sensors I replaced fuel injectors spark plugs and vanos solenoids camshaft sensor coil packs and then I got a really good deal on a new ECU,Cas,Key and once I plugged all that in the car fired up with super smooth idle car was still smoking like crazy but no gas coming from exhaust I let it run for about 45 minutes until it finally dissipated I closed up everything and decided to take it for a ride around the block when I pulled out of the parking lot smoke was blowing like crazy again but wasn't in limp mode/engine malfunction reduced power did a quick loop around the block with tons of smoke following me and quickly got it back into the parking lot to where it sits again I have a foxwell scanner and I am getting codes pertaining to master relay over voltage from the DME module that's after I took out that jumper wire when I was taking it around the block that jumper wire was still in I am a bunch of money into this car and all I want to do is drive it I'm almost sure of it that it's not a head gasket and I forgot to mention that the last owner told me that he broke off the oil pump housing bolt so before I did anything I backed out that broken bolt and replaced it with the same bolt about half an inch shorter which I don't think matters... also when I removed the jumper wire I was getting power back to 3738 39 terminal on fuse box and I felt that the overvoltage codes and stuff were due to that dumbass idea bypassing the DME or whatever that did right now the only codes I'm getting is DME Master relay and it cranks no start and sounds super healthy like it wants to start... I know this breakdown of what I know and have done so far is kind of all over the place but someone please help
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 09:25 AM   #2
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
This post belongs in the appropriate vehicle forum, not the site announcements section.....
      06-08-2023, 07:50 PM   #3
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
This post belongs in the appropriate vehicle forum, not the site announcements section.....
Much more than that it requires some formatting. No one will dig this pile (I couldn't ).
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615205.00
      06-08-2023, 08:30 PM   #4
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 230i

Holy wall of text, Batman
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615205.00