New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-13-2022, 12:56 PM   #23
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

It’s a tough time for everyone right now staffing wise it seems. I’ve bought a ton of tires/wheel sets etc both professionally (used to be a fleet manager) and personally as a car nut. I’ve used a single DT for years that has never let me down and Tire Rack for convenience sake etc. After the last few screw ups by TR, I won’t use them anymore until they straighten their BS out. They didn’t even bother to offer a refund for the money I spent to fix their problem. They don’t care either about past or future business for that matter.

Basically I’m just trying to say is things change, especially nowadays. I’ve been lucky with that local DT as it has been the same management for years and they hold their employees to a high standard of quality/CS. This very well could change, but that’s the nice thing about DT is they have a ton of locations. It might just take some searching for you to find another good one. As said here to though there are a ton of tire shops around so it shouldn’t’t be too hard to find a good one.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2022, 01:17 PM   #24
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL9M2 View Post
Tire Rack is now owned by Discount Tire. Not sure yet if that is good or bad. Probably bad.
TireRack has served me well since 1986.
Appreciate 1
br438583.50
      04-13-2022, 01:24 PM   #25
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
lmfao at people defending the tire shop. just tell the damn truth about the eta. if you are so backed up and can't take work just say it or don't take the job. they are changing tires not doing coronary intervention.

its more or less this scene below:
they told him an eta, 3hr 45 minutes. he just didnt like it. He didnt have an appointment since he had missed his appointment earlier in the day.

it took 50 minutes the next day, but he was upset they took other people before him without knowing if those people had appointments or not and just assumed the tire shop was out to get him and only him.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
tdott3939.50
      04-13-2022, 01:28 PM   #26
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
Thanks Okie

-For all who want to finger-paint a picture from limited info - You seem to assume a CS associate can never be pissy. hahaha.... I was courteous. I did not ask to be put in front of anyone. I did have an appointment, but walked in on Monday because of a newly scheduled work meeting. haaa.... I had work in-hand and was prepared to wait 1hr, 2hrs, whatever... but 3hrs 45min was literally waaay more time than I could wait. That's it.

The frustration is from yesterday - when they had deleted my appt without telling me, and today when the guy got snotty with me when I gently asked if he had an ETA on the work this morning - after I watched them walked out 5min before open and bypass 3 folks who had been waiting the longest at the location - starting intake on folks who had just pulled up. I was not the only one who noticed, and I was not the only one who was frustrated. And for you judge-judy types - I actually held the door and let a guy go in front of me to get service this morning. He was in the bay getting work done before I even talked to an associate. Didn't make me mad - felt good. ... hats off to you saints who never get frustrated.

I did put in a courteous call to corporate where I acknowledged the workload and talked to them about the volume at that location and the wait times. I looked at other DRT locations - but the nearest is a good ways away with Nashville traffic.

Besides TireRack.com - other solutions outside of DT?
did you ask those people if they had appointments? or if they had been in the day before and were told to come in 1st thing this morning? or any number of other reasons? Or just assume discount tire is out to get you personally?

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:19 PM   #27
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep

Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
did you ask those people if they had appointments? or if they had been in the day before and were told to come in 1st thing this morning? or any number of other reasons? Or just assume discount tire is out to get you personally?
Haahahaa... internet savior... ... I did not assume they were out to get me personally - nor did the 3 other folks that were bypassed this morning. To answer your question, At least (2) of the folks did not have appointments. I've had an appointment before and experienced the same thing - alongside other individuals who expressed the same sentiment... so. no. I don't think they are just out to get me. hahahahaa....
To the best of my knowledge from both experiences, it seems that those SAs had no idea whom they were walking out toward - just the closest cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #28
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

There is no comparison unless you know someone in the industry. They can't be beat. Assimilate and become part of the matrix.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #29
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep

Quote:
they told him an eta, 3hr 45 minutes. he just didnt like it. He didnt have an appointment since he had missed his appointment earlier in the day.

it took 50 minutes the next day, but he was upset they took other people before him without knowing if those people had appointments or not and just assumed the tire shop was out to get him and only him.
well... you get humor points - 'cause that's a dang funny Seinfeld moment... but you just might have a reading comprehension problem. It was a precious interpretation though.

I didn't miss the appointment. The appointment was made Monday morning and was always for Wednesday morning (this morning). When a meeting was scheduled that would preclude me from going to the Wed. appt - I went ahead and drove over to Discount Tire (Monday) to wait... to wait.... as a walk-in to get it done.

I could not wait 3hrs 45min. That's insane. I left, used leverage and moved my meeting - I HAD an appointment this morning - because of their busyness, I called to confirm my appt for this morning .... the appt they acknowledged on Monday... had magically dissappeared.

You must be fun at other people's parties and everybody's funerals.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2022, 02:44 PM   #30
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

That episode is funny
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #31
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E85

https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com...SABEgLK__D_BwE

How much garage space you got?

I’ve use the discount by me had few not so good times but long over a decade going there I normally bring in a set of wheels/tires or single pending on my needs and schedule drop off AM pick them up as late as the next morning with the opposite season or tire need spare set of wheels on my car at home. If it’s summer going to winter then I plan accordingly or vise versa. I mount them on my own cars at home. They once trashed a set of my spacers getting them off the car and wouldn’t put them back on due to aftermarket not oem spec to mount back on. After they trashed the spacers with a screwdriver trying to get them off I’ve never had them mount a set on the car. But they still mount and dismount the tire to wheel with no issues. I do plan on adding a tire changer and balancer to my garage set of kit though so I’m not being sarcastic there.
Appreciate 1
br438583.50
      04-13-2022, 02:58 PM   #32
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
well... you get humor points - 'cause that's a dang funny Seinfeld moment... but you just might have a reading comprehension problem. It was a precious interpretation though.

I didn't miss the appointment. The appointment was made Monday morning and was always for Wednesday morning (this morning). When a meeting was scheduled that would preclude me from going to the Wed. appt - I went ahead and drove over to Discount Tire (Monday) to wait... to wait.... as a walk-in to get it done.

I could not wait 3hrs 45min. That's insane. I left, used leverage and moved my meeting - I HAD an appointment this morning - because of their busyness, I called to confirm my appt for this morning .... the appt they acknowledged on Monday... had magically dissappeared.

You must be fun at other people's parties and everybody's funerals.
i see, so youre angry they couldnt fit you in during a busy day and youd have to wait 3+ hrs as a walk in and didnt have an appointment. then it only took you 40 minutes with an appointment.

i fail to see the issue here other than you think it shouldnt have taken 3+ hours on a busy day as a walk in.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 03:56 PM   #33
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E85

2 winters ago it was a 2 month wait with appointment. And that was when I was just having a rotation on the jeep before we had a second set of wheels ended up doing it at home. So gotta be real on what’s going on there too.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:17 PM   #34
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

lmao sometimes things get a bit too deep on bimmerpost.
Appreciate 1
br438583.50
      04-13-2022, 04:46 PM   #35
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep

Quote:
i see, so youre angry they couldnt fit you in during a busy day and youd have to wait 3+ hrs as a walk in and didnt have an appointment. then it only took you 40 minutes with an appointment.

i fail to see the issue here other than you think it shouldnt have taken 3+ hours on a busy day as a walk in.
Are you drunk!? Holy cow you really want this story to be what you want it to be. Just stop, man.

hahahahaa.... I did NOT have an appointment today. period. I HAD an appointment today, but was a walk-in this morning because they somehow deleted it from the system between Monday and today... and before you make up more hoopla... no, I wasn't a jackwagon on Monday.

get some reading glasses or a prescription.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 04:48 PM   #36
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
2 winters ago it was a 2 month wait with appointment. And that was when I was just having a rotation on the jeep before we had a second set of wheels ended up doing it at home. So gotta be real on what’s going on there too.
That's good perspective.

I think all of this could've been avoided by the guy on Monday saying. .. hey.. we technically take walk-ins all day, but realistically, there's no way you can come in as a walk in after 9am and get out in under 4 hours.

That simple statement of fact would've been great customer service - and would've saved us all from this thread. hahahahaaa
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 06:38 PM   #37
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

They give free tire rotations, plugs, remove rust on the brake and wheel faces at re-mount, hell I've spent well over $25k+ in the last 23-24 years at about 5-6 stores and they know it and practically give me tires! Military discounts, prorations at will...no one does all that. Your experience may vary.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 06:43 PM   #38
m340ninja
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Another upvote for tire rack.

I recently replaced my rear tires in December. TireRack has road hazard protection included when you buy from them. I had the tires sent to a local mom/pop tire shop. Have always have great service from them.

A week ago, I got a puncture in one of those tires on the inside shoulder. I went through a dealership to get the tire since they would get a replacement the fastest. I filed a claim thru Tire Rack and they are going to cover the cost of the tire (minus taxes/installation/fees of course). Tire is already replaced and claim already approved. Just waiting to receive the check in the mail.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 10:08 PM   #39
POBEP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: E70 E90 E91

Garage List
Quote:
I've been a discount tire customer for years- at a single location. I've bought (2) sets in the last six months and (3) sets in the last 18 months.

Lately, they have been so busy that they have ridiculous wait times- and seem to be so overworked that customer service and "cares" have just gone out the window.

I sat here before they opened and just watched employees walk out and start intake on the cars parked closest to the door- ignoring those of us who were there much earlier - parked in front of the bays for ease and safety.

I think I'm done.

What/who are you guys using?
Costco for me.
Order Michelin when on sale ($150 off deal).
Then schedule first AM or last PM appointment, go shopping - it is ready.
Got one set from SFO location, all others from Carson City, NV.
Never had even a smallest scratch on a rim.

Previously used tire rack + local shop - they f-up 2 out 3 times.
      04-14-2022, 12:48 AM   #40
Rams01
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 2020 F90 M5C

Mobile tire installation.. order the tires from Tire Rack, see if there is a mobile installer on the list of recommended and verified installers. They then drive to where you’re at and install/balance the tires. I can’t imagine going back to a store and waiting for ????? when mobile installers (gig economy) are becoming more main stream.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 07:57 AM   #41
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post
Mobile tire installation.. order the tires from Tire Rack, see if there is a mobile installer on the list of recommended and verified installers. They then drive to where you’re at and install/balance the tires. I can’t imagine going back to a store and waiting for ????? when mobile installers (gig economy) are becoming more main stream.
This works for some but when you want to replace a tire that didn't last the warranty, good luck on the logistics on that...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 08:16 AM   #42
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post
Their prices in my area are 2.5x what a good shop charges. Wish they had similar pricing because it would be more convenient to start using them.

Guy quoted me $250 for mount and balance on stock size tires on comp wheels. No thanks, I'd pay an extra $50 maybe but not more than double what a good shop with Hunter machines charges ($100).
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 08:25 AM   #43
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep

Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Yeah my local shop charges $25/tire to mount and balance.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #44
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Are you drunk!? Holy cow you really want this story to be what you want it to be. Just stop, man.

hahahahaa.... I did NOT have an appointment today. period. I HAD an appointment today, but was a walk-in this morning because they somehow deleted it from the system between Monday and today... and before you make up more hoopla... no, I wasn't a jackwagon on Monday.

get some reading glasses or a prescription.
Did you get an email confirmation of the appointment or have any proof of the appointment? Perhaps something went wrong.

You seem very combative over the internet I can only imagine what you are like in person.

You are getting pissy over something small, like you've never dealt with anything in the service industry before. Good luck with those expectations, check your blood pressure. Enjoy your day.
Appreciate 0