New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-31-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

Nice people get treated like crap

I’ve read this basic article in a number of different publications, and it seems way out of line to disparage someone for working. A normal person who looks fine with a cool job gets beaten down, I find this upsetting.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-joes.amp.html
Appreciate 2
      08-31-2018, 06:12 PM   #2
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

What a bitch.

Quote:
"It was a shock to see him working there and looking the way he did. It made me feel really bad. I was like, 'Wow, all those years of doing the show and you ended up as a cashier," Lawrence said of seeing Owens at the Trader Joe's store. "Other fans would be surprised for sure as well."
I pity you for being a cashier at TJs and for the way you look so I'm going to take your photo and post it all over the Internet so other people can find out about it and pity you too.

That's a hard ass job that guy is working. On your feet all day, stocking shelves, unloading trucks. It aint no picnic. The dude looks tired, as anyone would be who works an honest blue collar job. No shame in that.

By all accounts, Trader Joes is a pretty good company to work for. They pay well and they treat their employees well. Obviously the guy still acts and maybe this job gives him the flexibility to pick up acting gigs on the side.
Appreciate 3
jaye9441007.00
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00
      08-31-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
What a bitch.

I pity you for being a cashier at TJs and for the way you look so I'm going to take your photo and post it all over the Internet so other people can find out about it and pity you too.

That's a hard ass job that guy is working. On your feet all day, stocking shelves, unloading trucks. It aint no picnic. The dude looks tired, as anyone would be who works an honest blue collar job. No shame in that.

By all accounts, Trader Joes is a pretty good company to work for. They pay well and they treat their employees well. Obviously the guy still acts and maybe this job gives him the flexibility to pick up acting gigs on the side.
Did I miss the part where she asked for an autograph?
Ok...ok, I'll do it myself.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
jaye9441007.00
DETRoadster11446.00
      08-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Drives: a

A lot of stars end up like this,
The guy from "dollar" google it up, made a mint, ended up in a van selling fish and chips on the side of the road
Didn't vanilla Ice end up in debt as did MC hammer

It's the old story, you DONT invest and look after money and when the money goes so do your friends

I've done a number of jobs, Security, shops, call center, network engineer, field tech.
I never look down at anyone. IF your doing a job rather than robbing a liquor store then good for you.

I honestly can swig for my wife, the garbage she comes out with to my daughter
usually has the phrase, "don't end up in a call center job... blah blah blah"

I want my daughter, to use her brains get an education and be what SHE wants to be
(actually I'm tied between a Chef, Computer programmer or owning a hotel)

NEVER ever laugh or look down at anyone, the old adage, "but for the grace of God go I"
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      09-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
Ross61
Private
Rep

Drives: 2004 GTO (soon to be an M4)

Of course the guy could be very content with the money he received from having been on the show, invested it wisely, and is too tired of the Hollywierd crap to put up with it anymore.

In the interest of not being a disgruntled old man living like a hermit and loving the idea of getting out of the house everyday to meet new and interesting people, and not dealing with the headache of being in-charge of anyone, the gentleman has decided he'd like to earn some extra beer money bagging groceries.

Eff'ing maggots who feel this is a bad thing.

PSA - social media is good for only two things: the "look at me, look at me" narcissistic syndrome and, finding dirt on someone. (The second also leads back to first where, after someone takes a picture of the restaurant they just entered followed by pics of their drink, appetizer, entree, surroundings, etc because of all their "followers," they claim "look me and the dirt I found on someone.")
Appreciate 2
jaye9441007.00