Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #133
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
fav comment so far on this issue, in general and particularly by way of explanation comes from Wilfred Reilly, PhD on TCT last night:

"....a broader motivation for these hoaxes is that the demand for bigots in America greatly exceeds the supply."
But you have to wonder the motive in this case. Why him? Why now? Had no clue who he was before this, but it seems like his career was going well. Why risk it all for this?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #134
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
But you have to wonder the motive in this case. Why him? Why now? Had no clue who he was before this, but it seems like his career was going well. Why risk it all for this?
there were also numerous reports that his career was not going well and he was getting axed from the show.

he went from c lister to everyone knowing his name with this.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24483.50

02-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #135
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
there were also numerous reports that his career was not going well and he was getting axed from the show.

I didn't know that, that would be a good motive, you are not going to fire a guy after he was a victim of a hate crime.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13903.00
MKSixer24483.50

02-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #136
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
I didn't know that, that would be a good motive, you are not going to fire a guy after he was a victim of a hate crime.
Let's no forget that he was a virulent Trump hater, information known through his prior social media history. He wasn't holding back on disgusting assaults on the President and conservatives. That's definitely a piece of the crackpots puzzle.
Hopefully he gets what he deserves for his pathetic attempt at trying to make Republicans look bad. His anti conservative bullet ricocheted right back into his face.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
MKSixer24483.50

02-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #137
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Just to play devils advocate, he hired two black men, that he knew, and paid them only $4000 to do this? They can be in trouble as well, seems odd they would only do it for $4000, they don't seem too poor.

He knew exactly where the cameras were for the beating not to be shown, but yet the two men walked away not worrying about the cameras? The two men also left all the evidence open and to be found in their home.

Maybe I just can't imagine anyone being this bad at planning, but I could see someone higher up on the food chain framing him as well.
Saudi intelligence services??
      02-20-2019, 01:16 PM   #138
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Saudi intelligence services??
Well...if you read through that thread, I was advocating the Saudis were framed as well
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #139
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Let's no forget that he was a virulent Trump hater, information known through his prior social media history. He wasn't holding back on disgusting assaults on the President and conservatives. That's definitely a piece of the crackpots puzzle.
Hopefully he gets what he deserves for his pathetic attempt at trying to make Republicans look bad. His anti conservative bullet ricocheted right back into his face.
Yes, but this could be even more reason to "use" him in this scenario. They picked a guy they knew has a big anti Trump history. And in this case I have no clue who "they" would be.

I just like to question everything. When the story first came out I thought it sounded real sketchy and as things unfolded I kept thinking this is a hoax put on by Jussie. But when it got really sketchy over the past few days my mind starting questioning if this is a setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #140
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

You don't know who they is and its your possible conspiracy theory and I certainly don't know either. Are the two 'accomplices' who are spilling the beans part of this set up you're thinking about?
Did you hear bleached Jussie was arrested a couple years ago for a DWI and told authorities he was his brother? He's a dishonest sleezeball who lied to police and tried to frame his own brother for his crime. There's an M.O. here.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #141
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
fav comment so far on this issue, in general and particularly by way of explanation comes from Wilfred Reilly, PhD on TCT last night:

"....a broader motivation for these hoaxes is that the demand for bigots in America greatly exceeds the supply."
to be a hero
to stand up to The Man

obviously my opinion of someone I've not met, but I think a lot of this goes on. the LGBT/Muslim/gender/minorities hoaxes you have to admit have been piling up in the last twenty years or so.

and now for the REALLY unpopular part: I think the need to receive the adulation of large audiences, to be seen as heroic, probably explains to a large degree Blasey Ford, et al. while Ford can only be classified as 'probably' a hoax, most of the others involved in that mess were obviously hoaxes.
in case you're not convinced regarding Ford: consider that she is now a much sought after speaker in California, she has been feted at galas organized in her honor, she is a GoFundMe millionaire, she is in fact a celebrity of the Left.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #142
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:

In this case, however, it's pretty obvious there is such a thing as bad publicity.

This sure as shit isn't going to help his career.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #143
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
In this case, however, it's pretty obvious there is such a thing as bad publicity.

I dunno about that. Given the streak of liberalism rampant in Hollywood, it certainly could help his career.
      02-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #144
hooligan_COLD
Rep

No way. If he was a legit victim, I'd buy it being a boost. Being exposed as a hoax, and inflicting actual damage to "the cause" is never going to help him. Not going to happen.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13903.00
MKSixer24483.50

02-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #145
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Indictment against Jussie reportedly coming within hours.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #146
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
No way. If he was a legit victim, I'd buy it being a boost. Being exposed as a hoax, and inflicting actual damage to "the cause" is never going to help him. Not going to happen.
BuT hE sTaRtEd A CoNvErSaTiOn!!!

Seriously, there are plenty of folk who will see this as fighting against the man, or down with Trump, or whatever, and will still consider him a hero.

02-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #147
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:

yeah not now, that is for sure.

if its proven a hoax, he will have pissed off both the left and right by being a fake victim and blaming maga.

ironically, only trump pisses off the right and left like this.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
      02-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #148
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
You don't know who they is and its your possible conspiracy theory and I certainly don't know either. Are the two 'accomplices' who are spilling the beans part of this set up you're thinking about?
Did you hear bleached Jussie was arrested a couple years ago for a DWI and told authorities he was his brother? He's a dishonest sleezeball who lied to police and tried to frame his own brother for his crime. There's an M.O. here.
Yes, in my crazy conspiracy theory, the two brothers were paid much more by someone else to "fake" beat him up and he actually might be telling the truth.

Now do I actually beleive this? No, but with the story being so super sketchy on all sides, it's plausible.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 03:22 PM   #149
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post

Seriously, there are plenty of folk who will see this as fighting against the man, or down with Trump, or whatever, and will still consider him a hero.
Quote:

if its proven a hoax, he will have pissed off both the left and right by being a fake victim and blaming maga.

They turned pretty hard on Kevin Spacey when he decided to come out upon being called out during the #metoo hysteria.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2654.50

02-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #150
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Quote:

Yeah not so sure the media is taking an awkward stance saying this one wasnt true but it's true somewhere else so trump supporters are still bunch of racists. Left dont care about racism unless specific kind.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #151
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post

Meh, those people are intractable and will hold their position whether racially motivated assaults happen or not. As such, they are a zero sum.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #152
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Well, here are a couple of updates:

1) CBS has obtained the video of two men linked to the attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett buying a red hat and ski masks from a store the day before the assault. The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo placing the masks and a hat on the counter. Smollett has claimed two men wearing a similar hat and masks attacked him on Jan. 29 in Streeterville, according to police.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...-hat-ski-mask/

2) Jussie Smollett has now been “officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation” by authorities on for allegedly “filing a false police report” in connection with his attack claims, Chicago police said.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ago-police-say

02-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #153
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Well, here are a couple of updates:

1) CBS has obtained the video of two men linked to the attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett buying a red hat and ski masks from a store the day before the assault. The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo placing the masks and a hat on the counter. Smollett has claimed two men wearing a similar hat and masks attacked him on Jan. 29 in Streeterville, according to police.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...-hat-ski-mask/

2) Jussie Smollett has now been “officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation” by authorities on for allegedly “filing a false police report” in connection with his attack claims, Chicago police said.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ago-police-say
Not looking good for ol' Jussie. I honestly hope they make an example out of him - although I have no idea what the max penalty in Chicago would be for this offense.
Appreciate 3
NickyC6667.50
Run Silent13903.00
MKSixer24483.50

02-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #154
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Not looking good for ol' Jussie. I honestly hope they make an example out of him - although I have no idea what the max penalty in Chicago would be for this offense.
We can only home the FEDs go after him for the envelope he sent. The do not F around. As someone said above.

He needs to be made an example of. What he tried to do is horrific, imagine being so angry at the president you make up a crime for popularity and to make Trump supporters look 'bad'. He is what is wrong with society.

I hope the Nigerian brothers are ok, they should have known better, but he paid them chump change, probably with the promise he would help them get into Hollywood etc. Throw the book at that POS. Cut the brothers a plea deal and put them on probation.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent13903.00