Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

04-09-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

California's Red Ripple

As you all know, CA is a blue sanctuary state. I've lived in San Diego county my entire life and 100% do not support being a sanctuary state. When Gov. Jerry Brown signed this into law back in October, my wife and I were disgusted. Thankfully, certain CA cities and counties are doing something about this:

"The ripple began in Los Alamitos where the city council voted to opt out of Californiaís sanctuary law. And it was followed by Orange County who voted to join the U.S. Department of Justice in challenging the stateís sanctuary city laws. This decision was echoed by the city of Escondido and later this month San Diego County will also vote to join their ranks in this federal lawsuit. Other municipalities are lining up to consider doing the same."

There are plenty of conservatives in CA and it seems like plenty of liberals that feel abandoned by their party because they're realizing it no longer represents them. Common sense Californians are sick and tired of these far left political views and it's great to see something being done about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...lly-begun.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ary-state.html
      04-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Greg Abbott
Greg Abbott
@GregAbbott_TX
George Soros is officially messing with Texas. Heís given almost $1 million to just one candidate. Heíll stop at nothing to make Texas liberal. We must muster the resolve & resources to fight this take over attempt. #tcot #txlege @TexasGOP #PJNET

Soros contributions to LaHood DA challenger nears $1 million
mysanantonio.com
8:03 PM ∑ Feb 27, 2018
Retweets
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 2
Zugzwang1194.00
SakhirM410286.00

04-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

I went to a meeting for my county's Land Use Plan for 2040 last week. It was a first experience for me.

If I wanted to hear the presentation, I had to go outside and sit with an English-speaking member of the team. There were 3 of us out there in the cold. Then we came back inside and participated in placing our allocated 12 dots on the things that were most important to us. The English description of each choice was second and in parenthesis.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Costa Rica
      04-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M235i

Donít come to Texas. We donít need or want any more of you here.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM410286.00
iconoclast4833.00

04-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I went to a meeting for my county's Land Use Plan for 2040 last week. It was a first experience for me.

If I wanted to hear the presentation, I had to go outside and sit with an English-speaking member of the team. There were 3 of us out there in the cold. Then we came back inside and participated in placing our allocated 12 dots on the things that were most important to us. The English description of each choice was second and in parenthesis.
But, but, but, don't you speak Spanish ? Or you only eat it?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
But, but, but, don't you speak Spanish ? Or you only eat it?
Si, amigo. Pero no peudo compreder legalise en Englis, never mind Spanish
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #8
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Si, amigo. Pero no peudo compreder legalise en Englis, never mind Spanish
Did you ask for Ripple in Spanish?
Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #9
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Did you ask for Ripple in Spanish?
I thought this was the Ripple RED thread. Don't be bringing that fruity green flavor in here, especially since this isn't the "What you sippin" thread.

Appreciate 2
MKSixer24566.50
SakhirM410286.00

04-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #10
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I thought this was the Ripple RED thread. Don't be bringing that fruity green flavor in here, especially since this isn't the "What you sippin" thread.

Fine. I will self-discipline.

P.S. They are drinking the green flavor in the emoticon, FYI. Just sayin'.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:45 PM   #11
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Fine. I will self-discipline.

P.S. They are drinking the green flavor in the emoticon, FYI. Just sayin'.
"Amazing powers of observation. That is how I know"
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 06:16 PM   #12
Chihuahua
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

Thread title is misleading, I came here expecting to see something completely different.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #13
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Texas will go dem, and a lot sooner than most may think

Demographics are destiny, and add in 60k Californian cancers every year to the 'natural conservatives' who vote 80% dem and we're fucked
Mr Car rots moves to Texas and in one year becomes a near-native Texan and likely speaks with that fake drawl all new comers do. I mean, y'all.

The place did belong to Mexico before we stole it, dontcha know?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #14
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Mr Car rots moves to Texas and in one year becomes a near-native Texan and likely speaks with that fake drawl all new comers do. I mean, y'all.

Ok fine let’s give it back as well as California, including your house. I mean you don’t want to be living on “stolen land” do you?
Appreciate 6
RABAUKE4371.00
MKSixer24566.50
SakhirM410286.00

04-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #15
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I've listened to a few politicos (a la Sheriff Aripio) come into Council meetings. One is actually running for county sheriff, and showed up with his black cowboy hat, and I just KNEW the tone he was going to use.

"It's a bloodless invasion, and we have to turn the tide"

Even though I have met my wife's coyote, she went thru the process of assimilation and is a US citizen now. All these dreamers, who have gone thru school and become professional, ESPECIALLY the lawyers, amaze me that they just flaunt that they have never assimilated or made an effort to become law-abiding citizens.
Appreciate 2
      04-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #16
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post

You're the one who doesn't know...

Quote:
Texas Independence Day is the celebration of the adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence on March 2, 1836. With this document signed by 59 delegates, settlers in Mexican Texas officially declared independence from Mexico and created the Republic of Texas
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #17
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
I don't think California can ever be republican!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #18
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

This is silly, why are we so against enforcing immigration laws? And it can't be about fair - because these sanctuary laws punish people for going through the legal hurdles of doing things the right way, and promotes favoritism of people/countries that are geographically closer.
It can't be about "helping" them. You're not helping anyone by exploiting their labor, paying them less than you would otherwise have to. You're certainly not helping the US worker whose wages are depressed because they will refuse to take a job that literally doesn't pay "market rate" and won't compete against an illegal immigrant.

And You're not helping the US as a whole - all this does is set a precedent that states and cities can and should pick and choose which laws they want to follow, instead of going through the proper process of changing said laws. We fought a war on states outright defying the feds, the rebels lost.

It's stupid - the USA (and every country in the world) has a right and a duty to pick and choose who we want to immigrate to this country. Period.

Last edited by Taskmaster; 04-11-2018 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 4
MKSixer24566.50
SakhirM410286.00
PR3CI5N496.00

04-17-2018, 06:20 AM   #19
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
This is silly, why are we so against enforcing immigration laws? And it can't be about fair - because these sanctuary laws punish people for going through the legal hurdles of doing things the right way, and promotes favoritism of people/countries that are geographically closer.
It can't be about "helping" them. You're not helping anyone by exploiting their labor, paying them less than you would otherwise have to. You're certainly not helping the US worker whose wages are depressed because they will refuse to take a job that literally doesn't pay "market rate" and won't compete against an illegal immigrant.

And You're not helping the US as a whole - all this does is set a precedent that states and cities can and should pick and choose which laws they want to follow, instead of going through the proper process of changing said laws. We fought a war on states outright defying the feds, the rebels lost.

It's stupid - the USA (and every country in the world) has a right and a duty to pick and choose who we want to immigrate to this country. Period.
My family spent a kings ransom to come here in the 80s legally and believe me it was not easy for two educated people to leave a communist country. It took almost 2 years to get all the paper work together, including all sorts of medical check ups. And all of this cost a ton of money. So it pisses me and my other legal immigrants when parts of this country look the other way to illegal immigration.
Appreciate 7
SakhirM410286.00
UncleWede9811.00
iconoclast4833.00
PR3CI5N496.00
bbbbmw2389.00

04-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #20
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Don’t come to Texas. We don’t need or want any more of you here.
Hahaha... I know so many people who have left this area and moved to Austin or Galveston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
This is silly, why are we so against enforcing immigration laws?
Against enforcing laws? Most of these people are against referring to these individuals as ILLEGAL ALIENS. They prefer the term "undocumented"... I am fairly certain if I start practicing Dentistry tomorrow and get caught I could not say I am an "Undocumented Dentist" or a "Dreamer Dentist".
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #21
Mocho213
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Hahaha... I know so many people who have left this area and moved to Austin or Galveston.

Against enforcing laws? Most of these people are against referring to these individuals as ILLEGAL ALIENS. They prefer the term "undocumented"... I am fairly certain if I start practicing Dentistry tomorrow and get caught I could not say I am an "Undocumented Dentist" or a "Dreamer Dentist".
(WHITE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO SEE BROWN PEOPLE) You guys only hate immigrants if they're latino or muslim

All of you white conservatives or just conservatives are so scared of change and different. The amount of Dreamers or even people that don't fall into the program isn't even a major number that would affect much if they did get papers. Most pay their taxes and live normal lives, considering you're all on this BMW forum I'm going to consider you're all well off in life while i hope you know most of the "illegal aliens" are barely making by with the jobs they can get, most Latinos come here and save their money for back home where Mexico is about 10x worse than the US. Now I understand it's "AMERICANS FIRST" but stop now you guys are just partaking in the political shit show where we blame the immigrants/ lower class for the problem whens in reality its the corporations and 1%, I mean shit I bet all of you must despise the homeless by now too (which are also mainly WHITE people here in LA which we get from across the country). Hell those "illegal aliens" would rather sell to make a living then beg like most of the white people out here, there is some pride you know. Just remember F the left, f the right. The're both working to milk all of the American People(AND Immigrants) for everything they can while they can. Honestly I'm a latino and I can tell you I don't agree with most politics they push out here in Los Angeles, some of them are just too communist honestly. But I strongly feel we need better dialogue between conservatives and liberals however you want to divide yourselves.

PS: STOP WATCHING FOX AND CNN, they are both trying to agitate you with opposing views.

Thought on Syria? Fake chemical attack video? would like to see how you guys are taking all that in.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #22
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

religion and skin color do not matter; how one enters the country is the issue. secondly please do not use the term "you guys" you're painting an entire race with the same brush which is racist. lastly please do not assume my political affiliation, which party i contribute to or who i may have voted for because you're operating on assumption or opinion not fact and for the record i do not watch fox news or cnn.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410286.00
bbbbmw2389.00