New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #45
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

Seminole: I know exactly where you're talking about! lol The speed limit drops down from 60 to 35 and everyone is still going 70. I always get laser in that spot, but it's usually from the airport. I'll have to keep an eye out!
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #46
chinoxs203
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 E92 335xi AW

nothing to do with driving but heres one summed up

it was i think my 22 birthday so i was trashed. back at my buddys apt complex i left the room and was walking around outside and i ended up a floor below but it took me a really long time to know i was a floor below. I was banging and screaming on the wrong door to let me in and my buddies were yelling at my it was open and i was on the wrong floor so i continued to bang the wrong door and yell until i went upstairs and found the right apt.

30mins go by we get a nock at the door (im sleeping at the kitchen table, my friends are smoking and it stinks and theres and obvious cloud). 3 cops show up, one the head detective and the other my cousin!

needless to say if he wasnt one of the cops we would have been screwed!

FOR SALE:
Dropbox - please
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #47
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I was speeding one time and a cop pulled up behind me and flashed his lights He then wrote me a ticket.

End of story

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #48
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
lmao i have some pretty good stories i dont feel like typing them out tho
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #49
NYSPEM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Ummm...have you seen the way people drive out there? Seriously if the speed limits were higher than they are or if cops didn't do their jobs, traffic accidents would kill more people than cancer. A ticket given for doing 80mph is a reminder to you as well as other drivers that if you drive too fast you might hurt yourself and/or other people.
The Federal Highway Administration specifically states that speed limits should be set at the 85% percentile of speed, i.e. speed at which 85% of road users travel at or below, assuming unimpeded traffic and good road conditions.

Anything set below that is pure money grab. And seeing that the average speed is typically 5-15mph above posted speed limit, the states are openly defying the FHWA guidelines.

Yes I am quite well-versed in highway design. It is part of my professional engineering licensure requirement.

Anyone who can't control a car at 80mph, given good road conditions, have no business in driving at any speed, period.

Certified V1 Zombie
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #50
Scimitar335i
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i

I remember one night I got off a 16 hour shift and was driving home. I was really, really tired and did a california roll through a stop sign un-intentionally (this was about 4am-no one was around). I see a police unit screech out of a driveway and immediately lights me up. The cop approaches my passenger side window and immediately asks for my license, registration, and insurance.

I recognized him as a trainee whom his training officer, who I am good friends with, introduced me to a few weeks back. Obviously he didn't remember me. As I am getting all of my information for him my friend approaches from the driver side, looks at me, and says:

Friend/Cop's training officer: "Fuck You Bitch."
upon seeing him
Me: "No, Fuck you Pig."

At this point the trainee has a horrified look on his face like I was going to fight them. I see his hand reaching for his pepper spray.

Friend: "Get out of the car Muther Fucker."
Me: "Why, you want to pat me down queer?"

At that point we both start laughing hysterically and my friend tells his trainee to radio in that they were Code-4. He also explained to him that I was a cop as well and that he had introduced me to him a few weeks ago then goes on and jokingly reams him about his bad memory. The trainee then remembers and says:

Trainee: "Sorry sir, I didn't recognize you at first."
My friend: "Sir? You can call him Officer Douchebag."
Me to the Trainee: "He sleeps while you drive around huh? Make sure you wake his fat ass up when he does."
My Friend: "Man, fuck you.. go home bitch."
Me: "Have a safe night guys."

I just thought that was funny.
      03-17-2009, 01:39 AM   #51
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar335i View Post
I remember one night I got off a 16 hour shift and was driving home. I was really, really tired and did a california roll through a stop sign un-intentionally (this was about 4am-no one was around). I see a police unit screech out of a driveway and immediately lights me up. The cop approaches my passenger side window and immediately asks for my license, registration, and insurance.

I recognized him as a trainee whom his training officer, who I am good friends with, introduced me to a few weeks back. Obviously he didn't remember me. As I am getting all of my information for him my friend approaches from the driver side, looks at me, and says:

Friend/Cop's training officer: "Fuck You Bitch."
upon seeing him
Me: "No, Fuck you Pig."

At this point the trainee has a horrified look on his face like I was going to fight them. I see his hand reaching for his pepper spray.

Friend: "Get out of the car Muther Fucker."
Me: "Why, you want to pat me down queer?"

At that point we both start laughing hysterically and my friend tells his trainee to radio in that they were Code-4. He also explained to him that I was a cop as well and that he had introduced me to him a few weeks ago then goes on and jokingly reams him about his bad memory. The trainee then remembers and says:

Trainee: "Sorry sir, I didn't recognize you at first."
My friend: "Sir? You can call him Officer Douchebag."
Me to the Trainee: "He sleeps while you drive around huh? Make sure you wake his fat ass up when he does."
My Friend: "Man, fuck you.. go home bitch."
Me: "Have a safe night guys."

I just thought that was funny.
LOL! god i wish i had friend that were cops
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #52
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Whats the deal with cops these days? Is it me or do you other people constantly get mugged at by the police? Whatever happened to depending on these people for protection. Even simple eye contact can get some of these guys all riled up. They've seem to have lost simple human skills communication skills. Whatever happened to a simple 'hello' or 'how are you'

I am in complete disfavor of the police force. Some guys are cool but for the most part my experiences have been less then appealing.
Appreciate 0