Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #89
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
370
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
FIA has to judge what is allowed or what is not allowed by yes or no . It has to be black or white .
The FIA has used in the last season for 2 teams a *GREY* zone .
Of course like usual , financial speculation is/was involved in the whole situation !
Mate ...Team X in the GREY-zone abused the situation because the FIA has to live as well
If you know Mercedes are cheating, then lay out the facts.
Otherwise its just nonsense you pair are making up to account for why your chosen one isn't winning.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:14 AM   #90
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
487
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Difference is Merc have won the drivers AND constructors six years in a row.No team has ever done that before, you don't need to squint to see that.
The others need to catch a wake up then.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 05:58 AM   #91
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2064
Rep
2,640
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
If you know Mercedes are cheating, then lay out the facts.
Otherwise its just nonsense you pair are making up to account for why your chosen one isn't winning.
Who's your chosen one then, kept quiet on that one mate oh just a minute..I can guess.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #92
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
370
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Who's your chosen one then, kept quiet on that one mate oh just a minute..I can guess.
These days I tend to go more on personality.
Hamilton is OK...clearly the best driver of modern times but not someone I'd want to go for a drink with.
I liked Leclerc although he has gone a bit whiney lately which is disappointing.
Sainz jnr, Albon, Norris all seems ok.
I like Vettel...seems like a decent bloke but he has had his time I think.
Don't like Magnusson drives too aggressively and seems like an unpleasant person.
Verstappen also drives too aggressively and way to whiney on the radio.
I don't get why no one tells these guys not to whine or throw tantrums or try to get some other driver into trouble while on the radio. Makes them sound like dicks.

Edit: The result I enjoyed the most....Gasly getting second at Brazil.
Watching Gasly and Hamilton dragging up the long straight side by side was pretty cool...also showed just how much grunt the Honda engine has,

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 12-06-2019 at 07:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #93
Infamus
Private
Infamus's Avatar
74
Rep
96
Posts

 
Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: SoFlo

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Ham w/o a doubt... great season.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #94
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19280
Rep
11,651
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
These days I tend to go more on personality.
Hamilton is OK...clearly the best driver of modern times but not someone I'd want to go for a drink with.
I liked Leclerc although he has gone a bit whiney lately which is disappointing.
Sainz jnr, Albon, Norris all seems ok.
I like Vettel...seems like a decent bloke but he has had his time I think.
Don't like Magnusson drives too aggressively and seems like an unpleasant person.
Verstappen also drives too aggressively and way to whiney on the radio.
I don't get why no one tells these guys not to whine or throw tantrums or try to get some other driver into trouble while on the radio. Makes them sound like dicks.

Edit: The result I enjoyed the most....Gasly getting second at Brazil.
Watching Gasly and Hamilton dragging up the long straight side by side was pretty cool...also showed just how much grunt the Honda engine has,
Your chosen one has great driver skills , if it is made by "hidden Merc innovation" or not ...That's the million dollar question . But actually I hate his arrogance .
And just like Ocon , Charles is a piece of 5H1T !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 12-06-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #95
rcracin
Captain
306
Rep
770
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

Haha Charles along with Danny Ric, Carlos, Lando, & George are the coolest drivers on the grid.

Max is the shitbird. Must have gotten from his wife beating Dad. Nice to see where your support is.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #96
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2064
Rep
2,640
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Haha Charles along with Danny Ric, Carlos, Lando, & George are the coolest drivers on the grid.

Max is the shitbird. Must have gotten from his wife beating Dad. Nice to see where your support is.
ts ts that's a bit below the belt, lets not get to that level eh mate.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #97
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
370
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
if it is made by "hidden Merc innovation" or not .
Still waiting for the evidence.
Otherwise its just being a sore loser.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #98
Ngilbe36
Lieutenant
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
465
Rep
499
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 IB
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Ill ignore all the ridiculous talk about innovation being cheating and just comment on the OP.

I really believe that Sainz was the driver of the year. He put up amazing results with a non-competitive package. It was great seeing the McLarens, RPs and Renaults duking it out in the last race and I wish they got more screen time.

I think Charles is a great driver and deserves the credit for beating his 4 time WC teammate.

Sainz and Norris are hilarious together and I hope McLaren can become top tier again so we can see these two with their elbows out in the top 5 more often.
Appreciate 1
dtla1499.50

      12-06-2019, 12:34 PM   #99
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2064
Rep
2,640
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Still waiting for the evidence.
Otherwise its just being a sore loser.
His point was that some thing(s) were allowed by FIA to Merc which were unfair to the other teams.One example that he showed is in my opinion borderline pouring fuel onto the fire to the massive advantage they have already, a system that keeps the tyres cooler than anyone else's, it's quite simple really.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #100
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
487
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Ill ignore all the ridiculous talk about innovation being cheating and just comment on the OP.

I really believe that Sainz was the driver of the year. He put up amazing results with a non-competitive package. It was great seeing the McLarens, RPs and Renaults duking it out in the last race and I wish they got more screen time.

I think Charles is a great driver and deserves the credit for beating his 4 time WC teammate.

Sainz and Norris are hilarious together and I hope McLaren can become top tier again so we can see these two with their elbows out in the top 5 more often.
I agree. Even though Hamilton had an outstanding year, it is sort of expected of him, being a multiple w/c and all that.

Sainz though, came from nowhere, and really dragged that Mclaren to places it didn't really belong. Norris was not far behind, and seeing it is his rookie year, a good job well done by him.

Now, I would bet good money that Sainz will be world champion in the next 3 years, especially with that Merc power plant in the Mclaren. If I were Leclerc, Verstappen etc, I would be worried.

Seidl is no fool, and will do everything in his power to keep the current drivers to maintain momentum in that team. Another bonus is that Norris and Sainz seems to get along really well.
Appreciate 2
dtla1499.50
Ngilbe36465.00

      12-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #101
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19280
Rep
11,651
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
If you know Mercedes are cheating, then lay out the facts.
Otherwise its just nonsense you pair are making up to account for why your chosen one isn't winning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Still waiting for the evidence.
Otherwise its just being a sore loser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
His point was that some thing(s) were allowed by FIA to Merc which were unfair to the other teams.One example that he showed is in my opinion borderline pouring fuel onto the fire to the massive advantage they have already, a system that keeps the tyres cooler than anyone else's, it's quite simple really.
Exactly !
Like M5theonlyone said it's quite simple ...
The obvious evidence you saw during the whole last 1,2,3,4... seasons , by the Mercs freewheeling to xxx victories !

The whole world complained about the f@cking boring F1 races . The Mercs drove away from on the start grid . Few laps later they were already out of sight for the remaining laps of the race in question.
Yeah ! That was really awesome....

I know F1 enthusiasts who watched for more than 10-15 years all the F1 races . Well , they didn't watched anymore... Till suddenly MAX came in sight. And how ? He was fighting like a wild dog in the Mercs slipstream in a car who had 100 HP less and without secret tyre cooling innovations !
The last 2 seasons the F1 races showed more than just 2 silver cars making the rest of the field looking ridiculous...
Thanks to the driver skills from MAX and RB-Honda we can *finally* watch an exciting race again !

In 2021 MAX is WC !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #102
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
370
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
a system that keeps the tyres cooler than anyone else's, it's quite simple really.
So its the rear tyre cooling system thats got you both wound up?

The FIA have inspected it
Its within the technical regulations
Any team is free to use the same system.

Trying to infer it is somehow illegal is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe you are somehow confusing this system with Red Bulls illegal blown axle design?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #103
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2064
Rep
2,640
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
So its the rear tyre cooling system thats got you both wound up?

The FIA have inspected it
Its within the technical regulations
Any team is free to use the same system.

Trying to infer it is somehow illegal is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe you are somehow confusing this system with Red Bulls illegal blown axle design?
Why would I be confusing it with something else. Fia clear and block other things on the regular basis and as explained to you this particular hub mod was a 'grey' area and passed when fans are calling out for some change to the processions of the last six years.I've lost count of posters on other sites saying it's boring so it was out of order for Fia to allow it when even the owners of F1 themselves are fed up with this situation.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #104
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19280
Rep
11,651
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
So its the rear tyre cooling system thats got you both wound up?

The FIA have inspected it
Mate you nailed it !
That's why the FIA really s@cks . Or was it a love affair ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #105
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
SenorFunkyPants's Avatar
United Kingdom
370
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I give in...I'm off to teach the theory of relativity to my cat...it should be easier.
Appreciate 1
mk1-fan486.50

      12-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #106
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2064
Rep
2,640
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate you nailed it !
That's why the FIA really s@cks . Or was it a love affair ?
I think the cat didn't quite get the cream
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #107
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19280
Rep
11,651
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I think the cat didn't quite get the cream
Yeah . I think a lot of cream was involved in the situation
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 11:33 AM   #108
thebishman
Captain
United_States
163
Rep
871
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS

iTrader: (0)

A plea to ‘M Power Belgium’ and ‘M5theonlyone’

I would like to appeal to the two of you to please consider something:

For many, many years and certainly long before you both started posting to this sub-forum, the members have had a robust, but collegial discussion on all things F1. Yes, we’ve poked fun at each other at times, and of course we’ve all had our favourites when expressing ourselves; that’s what you do on an Internet forum after all.

But the two of you, with your slavish fanaticism towards all things Max Verstappen, is frankly, IMHO, ruining most of the threads.

Members can no longer have a serious discussion on the merits of one driver; team; strategy, etc. anymore because to the two of you Max can never do anything wrong. When his race is ruined by an obvious personal mistake, you both refuse to accept the fact that it wasn’t someone else’s fault. When Max isn’t on the top step, or any step of the podium, it’s an FIA; Race Steward, etc. conspiracy that kept him from winning. When Mercedes, (like Williams; McClaren; Ferrari and Red Bull in the past), are the dominant team simply because they have innovated better; worked harder; have the best talent, etc., you cry wolf as if that hasn’t always been the way of F1 for over three decades now, because Max isn’t a member of the team.

In other words, neither of you are being in any way, shape or form objective about the state of the sport simply because your favourite driver isn’t dominant. If in a couple of years Red Bull get their act together, and Max becomes F1’s most consistent, (something he desperately lacks currently), and dominant driver, neither of you will acknowledge all of the arguments about why that is ‘bad for the sport’, that you espouse today.

What am I asking?: please do not hijack/ruin every F1 thread by turning it into a ‘Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver ever discussion, and why there is a conspiracy against him being able to demonstrate his greatness’. It is ruining the whole F1 discussion in this sub-forum, and is extremely selfish. Please think about creating a dedicated Max thread where you can both post everything about Max that you’d like, and let’s not have every other thread morph into one about MV.

You can both tell me to go and fuck off; frankly I wouldn’t blame you for doing so, but these discussions are so much more enjoyable and informative when each and every post doesn’t become simply about one person.

Bish
Appreciate 5
mk1-fan486.50
wdb1743.00
yco949.50

      12-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #109
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19280
Rep
11,651
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I would like to appeal to the two of you to please consider something:

For many, many years and certainly long before you both started posting to this sub-forum, the members have had a robust, but collegial discussion on all things F1. Yes, we’ve poked fun at each other at times, and of course we’ve all had our favourites when expressing ourselves; that’s what you do on an Internet forum after all.

But the two of you, with your slavish fanaticism towards all things Max Verstappen, is frankly, IMHO, ruining most of the threads.

Members can no longer have a serious discussion on the merits of one driver; team; strategy, etc. anymore because to the two of you Max can never do anything wrong. When his race is ruined by an obvious personal mistake, you both refuse to accept the fact that it wasn’t someone else’s fault. When Max isn’t on the top step, or any step of the podium, it’s an FIA; Race Steward, etc. conspiracy that kept him from winning. When Mercedes, (like Williams; McClaren; Ferrari and Red Bull in the past), are the dominant team simply because they have innovated better; worked harder; have the best talent, etc., you cry wolf as if that hasn’t always been the way of F1 for over three decades now, because Max isn’t a member of the team.

In other words, neither of you are being in any way, shape or form objective about the state of the sport simply because your favourite driver isn’t dominant. If in a couple of years Red Bull get their act together, and Max becomes F1’s most consistent, (something he desperately lacks currently), and dominant driver, neither of you will acknowledge all of the arguments about why that is ‘bad for the sport’, that you espouse today.

What am I asking?: please do not hijack/ruin every F1 thread by turning it into a ‘Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver ever discussion, and why there is a conspiracy against him being able to demonstrate his greatness’. It is ruining the whole F1 discussion in this sub-forum, and is extremely selfish. Please think about creating a dedicated Max thread where you can both post everything about Max that you’d like, and let’s not have every other thread morph into one about MV.

You can both tell me to go and fuck off; frankly I wouldn’t blame you for doing so, but these discussions are so much more enjoyable and informative when each and every post doesn’t become simply about one person.

Bish
Well Bish that sounds pretty interesting .That's why I just changed my mind ...
*Lewis Hamilton* is the best driver ever in the F1 history !
The Mercedes tyre cooling innovation was really awesome . The FIA approved it and enjoyed it because Merc screwed the other teams during the whole season. The other teams and their drivers are retarded idiots anyway !

Is that allowed for you in this thread ?
Bish ..Do I have your permission ?
Attached Images
  
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #110
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2064
Rep
2,640
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I would like to appeal to the two of you to please consider something:

For many, many years and certainly long before you both started posting to this sub-forum, the members have had a robust, but collegial discussion on all things F1. Yes, we’ve poked fun at each other at times, and of course we’ve all had our favourites when expressing ourselves; that’s what you do on an Internet forum after all.

But the two of you, with your slavish fanaticism towards all things Max Verstappen, is frankly, IMHO, ruining most of the threads.

Members can no longer have a serious discussion on the merits of one driver; team; strategy, etc. anymore because to the two of you Max can never do anything wrong. When his race is ruined by an obvious personal mistake, you both refuse to accept the fact that it wasn’t someone else’s fault. When Max isn’t on the top step, or any step of the podium, it’s an FIA; Race Steward, etc. conspiracy that kept him from winning. When Mercedes, (like Williams; McClaren; Ferrari and Red Bull in the past), are the dominant team simply because they have innovated better; worked harder; have the best talent, etc., you cry wolf as if that hasn’t always been the way of F1 for over three decades now, because Max isn’t a member of the team.

In other words, neither of you are being in any way, shape or form objective about the state of the sport simply because your favourite driver isn’t dominant. If in a couple of years Red Bull get their act together, and Max becomes F1’s most consistent, (something he desperately lacks currently), and dominant driver, neither of you will acknowledge all of the arguments about why that is ‘bad for the sport’, that you espouse today.

What am I asking?: please do not hijack/ruin every F1 thread by turning it into a ‘Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver ever discussion, and why there is a conspiracy against him being able to demonstrate his greatness’. It is ruining the whole F1 discussion in this sub-forum, and is extremely selfish. Please think about creating a dedicated Max thread where you can both post everything about Max that you’d like, and let’s not have every other thread morph into one about MV.

You can both tell me to go and fuck off; frankly I wouldn’t blame you for doing so, but these discussions are so much more enjoyable and informative when each and every post doesn’t become simply about one person.

Bish
Please remember Bish that so long as the rules of the forum are followed and there are for instance,no personal nasty comments about mums and dads of drivers then everyone's opinion is allowed by the forum controllers. That is what this forum corner is for whatever driver or team you support and including enthusiastically.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST