New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

06-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #2311
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Today was day 2 of being back to the gym. I don't know what it is, but benching at home is totally different than at the gym. I find I'm struggling more at home. Can't put my finger on it. Haven't weighed my olympic bar yet. Not sure if I have a non standard 45lb bar and it's actually heavier or it's the adjustable bench being wider.

But I'm definitely down in strength across the board. It could be worse if I didn't have my home gym to tie me over. I can imagine me shrinking down even worse than has happened.

Noticed the monsters in the gym are still as big as they were before the shutdown and from what I recall are throwing up/down the same weights. Don't know how these guys have been able to maintain. Others have shrunk down.

What pisses me off and I guess this part should go into the annoyances thread are the a-holes that still don't clean up after themselves. It's usually the ones that you can tell are not really serious about making working out a significant part of their life. Watched this dude go from bench to bench not re-racking his weights after being done and not wiping down as required during these times.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #2312
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

I started back this past Saturday. No one in there yet! 35 people max, 6 feet apart, don't need to wear a mask. Just wipe everything down 10 times, hand santizer everywhere so best of luck right?

Most people are still very concerned as they should be. I just hope I get lucky and not get it based upon my reduced exposure to everyone. Go to the grocery store every weekend and that's pretty much it. So far so good!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #2313
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Today was day 2 of being back to the gym. I don't know what it is, but benching at home is totally different than at the gym. I find I'm struggling more at home. Can't put my finger on it. Haven't weighed my olympic bar yet. Not sure if I have a non standard 45lb bar and it's actually heavier or it's the adjustable bench being wider.

But I'm definitely down in strength across the board. It could be worse if I didn't have my home gym to tie me over. I can imagine me shrinking down even worse than has happened.

Noticed the monsters in the gym are still as big as they were before the shutdown and from what I recall are throwing up/down the same weights. Don't know how these guys have been able to maintain. Others have shrunk down.

What pisses me off and I guess this part should go into the annoyances thread are the a-holes that still don't clean up after themselves. It's usually the ones that you can tell are not really serious about making working out a significant part of their life. Watched this dude go from bench to bench not re-racking his weights after being done and not wiping down as required during these times.
Chemical Enhancement...LOL.

I know I lost 20+lbs in this mess. I'm "ripped"....but smaller nonetheless.
      06-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #2314
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

DOM is real again. Monday night I did back/tri with light weights, at least 12 reps per. When I ran yesterday it hurt to swing my arms.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #2315
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post

This! They're cleaning up behind themselves ok for the most part, but the weights are getting re-racked all over the damn place or left on the floor. It's messing with my OCD real bad. How hard is it to put a 7.5lb weight where it goes, and not in the 60lb place?
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00
      06-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #2316
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Finally starting to get back into working out. How many days a week do you guys go to the gym? Struggling to get motivated to go after work since i gotta shower before i go and then take another shower after and just in general from being tired.
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #2317
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
Finally starting to get back into working out. How many days a week do you guys go to the gym? Struggling to get motivated to go after work since i gotta shower before i go and then take another shower after and just in general from being tired.
I go 6 days a week. 5 lift days , 1 core day ( Abs galore!). I've been going hard in my basement on a cut. Need to get to 12%bf from 17%. I go early in the morning during the week (7am) for an hour tops. Weekends its mid morning. I've become an addict four years ago with this journey. Love it!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #2318
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
If I can, I'll go every day. Just constantly rotating muscle groups so I'm not overworking anything. I definitely struggle more to get to the gym after work since my typical day during the week is 7am-5pm. I get to the gym around 5-5:15am and workout until about 6:45, hop in the shower and at work by 7 (gym is only 2 mins away). On the weekends I'll go around 11am or so if I'm not doing anything else and I'm usually there about 2 hrs since I'm not rushing around.

Morning gym is the way to go for me though, wakes me up and then when I'm done work for the day I can just go home. Great feeling, only down side is I go to bed pretty early.

Rmtt I felt like you Sunday into Monday. Was back in PA for a wedding, went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 2am to drive back to Charleston. Got in around 11am then went right into work until 4 followed by the gym. Felt like I was going to die, don't know how you run on that amount of sleep lmao.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #2319
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
If I can, I'll go every day. Just constantly rotating muscle groups so I'm not overworking anything. I definitely struggle more to get to the gym after work since my typical day during the week is 7am-5pm. I get to the gym around 5-5:15am and workout until about 6:45, hop in the shower and at work by 7 (gym is only 2 mins away). On the weekends I'll go around 11am or so if I'm not doing anything else and I'm usually there about 2 hrs since I'm not rushing around.

Morning gym is the way to go for me though, wakes me up and then when I'm done work for the day I can just go home. Great feeling, only down side is I go to bed pretty early.

Rmtt I felt like you Sunday into Monday. Was back in PA for a wedding, went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 2am to drive back to Charleston. Got in around 11am then went right into work until 4 followed by the gym. Felt like I was going to die, don't know how you run on that amount of sleep lmao.

LOL...it's not by choice my friend! I find myself looking for things to do because of it!
      06-25-2020, 10:52 AM   #2320
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Hitting my workouts little more consistently and same with getting my food right again.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #2321
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

My routine isn't practiced any more

I went last night, checked in, did my six sets of cable pulls and THEN realized it was chest/bi night
      06-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #2322
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

I went last night, checked in, did my six sets of cable pulls and THEN realized it was chest/bi night
Damnit man, get your shit together and get back after it!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 02:29 PM   #2323
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damnit man, get your shit together and get back after it!!! lol
At least I did SOMETHING, unlike previous several (weeks, months, ???) Now I can rotate thru 2 major body groups, swimming, running, and yoga. Keeps things fresh, even if I can't remember which - hey, SQUIRREL!!!!!
Appreciate 2
JP102462.00
Rmtt8206.00
      06-26-2020, 07:20 PM   #2324
Really_fat_ninja
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Chesty bi’s. 👍👍👍
      06-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #2325
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

man after 3 weeks of going back to the gym my strength has returned. my body feels so much better. maybe all that rest was a good thing? now i'm just being super careful not trying to pull anything. my tennis elbow definitely hasn't been aggravated especially when doing tricep pressdowns
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 06-27-2020 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-27-2020, 04:14 AM   #2326
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
man after 3 weeks of going back to the gym my strength has returned. my body feels so much better. maybe all that rest was a good thing? now i'm just being super careful not trying to pull anything. my tennis elbow definitely hasn't been aggravated especially when doing tricep pressdowns
That's the good thing about taking a break...whether planned or not. You find out all the little nagging injuries you never payed attention to are healed up!
      06-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #2327
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Not going back to the gym until at least WEdnesday, if things work out. Fri-Sat-Sun was Honey-dos on the new TuffShed. I'm a computer geek, I'm not good/strong in these other areas. Put down 5 boxes of peel-stick floor, on hands/knees, with a softer float and/or mallet for each square. I'd switch up on each tile and use both hands but my thumbs are KILLING me today. Forearms are so tight I might need somebody to help me pee today. Back is dying from that constant up-down to pull paper off, slide over.

THEN we started framing shelves. . .

Tonight I hope to swim, Tuesday run, and then by Wednesday maybe I can hold onto a weight again.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #2328
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

A coworker of my Fiance is getting tested for Covid since the roommate of said coworker tested positive. So decided to isolate for the next couple days, at least until the coworkers test comes back negative. Fiance also went and got tested today. So been exercising outside yesterday and today. Temperature on each day felt like over 100, so I'm sweating my ass off. Happy I'm at least getting my workout in, but would rather be back in the gym. Don't want to be selfish and risk infecting people though, so it is what it is.

Will see what the coming days dictate, I haven't felt sick at all though. Fiance has a sore throat, but shes had it for days. I believe it to be allergies because the air quality around here has been shitty the last few days.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-30-2020, 04:59 AM   #2329
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A coworker of my Fiance is getting tested for Covid since the roommate of said coworker tested positive. So decided to isolate for the next couple days, at least until the coworkers test comes back negative. Fiance also went and got tested today. So been exercising outside yesterday and today. Temperature on each day felt like over 100, so I'm sweating my ass off. Happy I'm at least getting my workout in, but would rather be back in the gym. Don't want to be selfish and risk infecting people though, so it is what it is.

Will see what the coming days dictate, I haven't felt sick at all though. Fiance has a sore throat, but shes had it for days. I believe it to be allergies because the air quality around here has been shitty the last few days.
Hope everything turns out okay. We have had the younger kids here at work hanging around others who test positive even though we have explained to them about what they do at home affects the work environment.

But they don't listen....so the last two weeks we have had to tell 4 people they could not come in until tested and cleared.

Right now I am avoiding everyone at work if I can, and have on a mask and social distance if I can't. Like let's stand outside my office with you 10ft away and we can talk!
      06-30-2020, 05:39 AM   #2330
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

man you guys with the spike across the country with Covid i bet it's only a matter of time when they shut the gyms down again. sux but people's health is more important than going to the gym. on that side not i had an awesome chest day yesterday! looking forward to back day this afternoon when i get off work this morning after 3rd shift
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 06:38 AM   #2331
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Hope everything turns out okay. We have had the younger kids here at work hanging around others who test positive even though we have explained to them about what they do at home affects the work environment.

But they don't listen....so the last two weeks we have had to tell 4 people they could not come in until tested and cleared.

Right now I am avoiding everyone at work if I can, and have on a mask and social distance if I can't. Like let's stand outside my office with you 10ft away and we can talk!
Yeah we have to reiterate it each week for the guys. As the week progresses they always become more lenient on how they are distancing, wearing their mask, etc. Figured I'd at least stick to my own preaching and stay home if I am aware that I might have been exposed. Should get the test results back today, so standing by. Want to get back in the gym!!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-30-2020, 06:40 AM   #2332
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
man you guys with the spike across the country with Covid i bet it's only a matter of time when they shut the gyms down again. sux but people's health is more important than going to the gym. on that side not i had an awesome chest day yesterday! looking forward to back day this afternoon when i get off work this morning after 3rd shift
If i could unappreciate a post I would!! lol kidding, would understand if they shut back down, but the selfish part of me would have some discontent with that. Is what it is though I'd get over it.
Appreciate 0