New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-07-2022, 02:31 AM   #749
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

N Rosberg has said that HAM used bullying tactics against him when both were in Merc,it was a case of get out the way or crash and Ros had to use his own formula and mind games to get somewhere in the '16 season.So it's a bit fresh of HAM now saying that Max used bullying tactics on him to finally defeat him for the DC, that he said with the pay back for what he did at Copse still in the blender.

Last edited by M5Rick; 03-07-2022 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-07-2022, 03:04 AM   #750
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I get the car maker part but think you over estimate the public desire for battery powered race cars and relevance to what's parked in their driveway. I tried to watch Formula E...No Thanks!!!
We are in a bubble in that respect the wider market and public generally have a different view. People that like and love cars like the noise and the emotion, many many just want to go from A-B and companies have to start showing the are helping to save the planet not destroy it.

Thats more important in some markets than others and some demographics than others but we aren't a representative sample unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 09:18 AM   #751
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
N Rosberg has said that HAM used bullying tactics against him when both were in Merc,it was a case of get out the way or crash and Ros had to use his own formula and mind games to get somewhere in the '16 season.So it's a bit fresh of HAM now saying that Max used bullying tactics on him to finally defeat him for the DC, that he said with the pay pack for what he did at Copse still in the blender.
•Interesting ..

As we know , in 2022 the Red Bull RB18-B is actually the RB18-B 'Oracle Red Bull Racing .

But in 2026 there is a big chance that the Red Bull car will be powered by a Porsche PU with the name Porsche Red Bull Racing .

That's why Porsche is planning to use MAX as a billboard and come with a new model name ...
The Porsche will come in orange only , and with the name : The V-MAX Edition ..
Of course , V-MAX means maximum speed (velocity-max) as well...

The Dutch article => https://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/max-v...orsche-3321247
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60665.00
      03-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #752
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
•Interesting ..

As we know , in 2022 the Red Bull RB18-B is actually the RB18-B 'Oracle Red Bull Racing .

But in 2026 there is a big chance that the Red Bull car will be powered by a Porsche PU with the name Porsche Red Bull Racing .

That's why Porsche is planning to use MAX as a billboard and come with a new model name ...
The Porsche will come in orange only , and with the name : The V-MAX Edition ..
Of course , V-MAX means maximum speed (velocity-max) as well...

The Dutch article => https://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/max-v...orsche-3321247
That's nice my friend ...it's a long time to wait but will be worth it.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2022, 09:08 PM   #753
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Bmw M2

footage of porpoising 22 cars, includes amr, alpha tauri, merc, rb, ferrari, and alpine. Ferrari looked the worst tbh, and the rest werent too bad.

irunalot1518.00
      03-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #754
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I wonder if they can't make some kind of pressure equalisation valve in the floor to stop the porpoising.

Maybe even incorporate it in the carbon fiber, a part that bends open when the pressure beneath drops too far.

That way you wont have to mess with the suspension.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #755
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
footage of porpoising 22 cars, includes amr, alpha tauri, merc, rb, ferrari, and alpine. Ferrari looked the worst tbh, and the rest werent too bad.
Mercedes comes with a nearly complete new car ...
At least 50 % of the W13 parts will be changed !

Let's return to your statements..
You said Mercedes showed the real stuff at Barcelona, I said the Mercedes was fake and it was sandbagging !
Mercedes was testing the W13 dummy-car at Barcelona ..

Source ?
Of course ...
The Dutch article from today => https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/me..._recirculation

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6730.00
      03-08-2022, 11:59 AM   #756
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

You said Mercedes showed the real stuff at Barcelona, I said the Mercedes was fake and it was sandbagging !

Source ?
Of course ...
The Dutch article from today => https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/me..._recirculation
1) you don't seem to be able to differentiate between factual sources, click bait articles, or just misleading opinions as shown time and time again when you have quoted this same site and it has turned out to be false time and time again.

2) we haven't even seen the w13 yet, but 50% is unlikely as that would imply also upgrading internal homologated parts. The external aero bits don't make up 50% of the car. So 50% is a click bait title from a click bait news source...

3) just because Mercedes beings upgrades to the w13 doesn't mean they're had a fake car.... Mercedes had issues with porpoising so they have to bring parts to fix it, combined with the endless development race things obviously have to change over time. That's how progression works. Fake would mean nothing remained the same completely different everything, progression implies improving upon existing designs. Also dont forget you can't expect upgrades to come out of nowhere, you have to test current model designs to ensure they correlate with CFD and wind tunnel data before making new upgrades, so obviously you'll see changes over time things naturally progress. Combined with structures within the car already being homologated, your accusations are false as per usual. So Merc didn't bring a fake car, they're just improving on what they had...

Don't forget other teams will bring upgrades too, redbull included does that mean they're faking twice?
irunalot1518.00
      03-08-2022, 12:05 PM   #757
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Source ?
Of course ...
Oh yeah don't forget the teams that struggled the most during test 1 will be bringing the most updates, for obvious reasons as they have things that need to be addressed so they don't fall behind... It has nothing to do with fake cars, that would be the dumbest move to not take all the practice opportunities to under the actual car.

Don't forget development is currently on an extremely steep upwards slope so every single day that goes by brings major upgrades and developments as teams learn about their cars.
irunalot1518.00
      03-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #758
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

This explains it best:

irunalot1518.00
      03-08-2022, 12:59 PM   #759
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
1) you don't seem to be able to differentiate between factual sources, click bait articles, or just misleading opinions as shown time and time again when you have quoted this same site and it has turned out to be false time and time again.

2) we haven't even seen the w13 yet, but 50% is unlikely as that would imply also upgrading internal homologated parts. The external aero bits don't make up 50% of the car. So 50% is a click bait title from a click bait news source...

3) just because Mercedes beings upgrades to the w13 doesn't mean they're had a fake car.... Mercedes had issues with porpoising so they have to bring parts to fix it, combined with the endless development race things obviously have to change over time. That's how progression works. Fake would mean nothing remained the same completely different everything, progression implies improving upon existing designs. Also dont forget you can't expect upgrades to come out of nowhere, you have to test current model designs to ensure they correlate with CFD and wind tunnel data before making new upgrades, so obviously you'll see changes over time things naturally progress. Combined with structures within the car already being homologated, your accusations are false as per usual. So Merc didn't bring a fake car, they're just improving on what they had...

Don't forget other teams will bring upgrades too, redbull included does that mean they're faking twice?
Quote:
Oh yeah don't forget the teams that struggled the most during test 1 will be bringing the most updates, for obvious reasons as they have things that need to be addressed so they don't fall behind... It has nothing to do with fake cars, that would be the dumbest move to not take all the practice opportunities to under the actual car.

Don't forget development is currently on an extremely steep upwards slope so every single day that goes by brings major upgrades and developments as teams learn about their cars.
Well...We'll see that soon enough , but I'm pretty sure that Mercedes was/is sandbagging the most ..

Think , the dummy-time is over now , It's the last chance to test the real stuff !
Of course , as usual updates will follow during the whole season (track-specific)
And Ferrari will be very hard to beat !

Damn ! Let it come ....

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60665.00
DrFerry6730.00
      03-08-2022, 01:27 PM   #760
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well...We'll see that soon enough , but I'm pretty sure that Mercedes was/is sandbagging the most ..

Think , the dummy-time is over now , It's the last chance to test the real stuff !
Of course , as usual updates will follow during the whole season (track-specific)
And Ferrari will be very hard to beat !

Damn ! Let it come ....
Sand bagging most definitely, the most who knows.

Yes all teams really need to ensure their final setups are dialed in for the race, now is the time to be testing not during free practice before quali.

Yeah if Ferrari is as good as binotto is saying and they don't need major upgrades and they only need to refine their setup. Then Ferrari might be the team to beat.
      03-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #761
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Sand bagging most definitely, the most who knows.

Yes all teams really need to ensure their final setups are dialed in for the race, now is the time to be testing not during free practice before quali.

Yeah if Ferrari is as good as binotto is saying and they don't need major upgrades and they only need to refine their setup. Then Ferrari might be the team to beat.
And the World Champion said : I'm ready for it !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60665.00
DrFerry6730.00
      03-08-2022, 04:54 PM   #762
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I wonder if they can't make some kind of pressure equalisation valve in the floor to stop the porpoising.

Maybe even incorporate it in the carbon fiber, a part that bends open when the pressure beneath drops too far.

That way you wont have to mess with the suspension.
The regs only allow holes and slots in certain places, anything else may start to be against the spirit of the rules and be clamped down on, the teams can’t dp just do what they like. Some teams did alter the edge of the floor to allow some of the air to bleed out, certainly Ferrari did this in the last day. They might be able to change the flow to help seal the floor without running too low which is why McLaren is doing so well as their approach makes things less sensitive.

It gets very complex very quickly which is why they didn’t spot this in the models it’s like dividing by 0 and infinity almost at the same time which hurts the model performance.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 07:37 PM   #763
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Another video talking about merc's packaging design:

Man when you see it with the engine covers off you can really see how tightly everything's packaged, literally everything from the radiators to the exhaust pipes are inline showing how tight those side pods are. It's almost like Merc doesn't have side pods, it's crazy how thin this car is.
irunalot1518.00
      03-09-2022, 02:34 AM   #764
M5Rick
General
Rep

RB 18 current package
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 02:53 AM   #765
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

So there are rumours mercedes have found a new side pod design that will actually eliminate the side pods, and rumoured to be 1 sec a lap faster than the previous w13 side pod design. I have no idea if this is just some garbage rumour stirred up for clicks, or if it will be legit, but I can't even imagine what it would look like or how it would even work. But as shown by the images above the mercedes package is pretty much the same width from the radiators to the exhaust headers so it is possible to completely eliminate the side pods if they can figure out how to duct air to the radiators and create outwash to push out the tire wake and all the other things. But again I have no idea how this would even work, but like I said before the only thing better than under cuts or overcuts to divert air flow to the rear of the car is to remove the obstruction all together. If possible this would be the highest performining design on the grid (factoring in no overheating, being able to push away the tire wake etc), the drag reduction from this design would be immense as well. Can't wait to see if this is BS or not by tomorrow.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/f1-rum...h-no-sidepods/
irunalot1518.00
      03-09-2022, 03:40 AM   #766
M5Rick
General
Rep

The protests are waiting for a possible illegal Merc chassis, is there a sinister new reason why these two new bods were brought in.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 03:50 AM   #767
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The protests are waiting for a possible illegal Merc chassis, is there a sinister new reason why these two new bods were brought in.
The only reason why there would be a protest is from teams not being able to replicate Mercedes and potentially Mercedes powered teams due to their engine architectures now being locked in, and the engine architecture is key to the packaging.

There's nothing in the regulations that enforces the presence of side pods, you only need the side impact structures which will be present still. The only difference between this supposed side pod and the current one is just the externals, everything is already packaged where it needs to be to make the change, so all homologations are met. It's just a clever interpretation of the rules, if it comes into fruition.

Its funny when merc supposedly comes up with a genius idea it's called illegal, if Newey came up with this idea it would be hailed as revolutionary, and game changing. If Merc really comes up with this concept and it blows away the field I'm willing to say James Allison is the best F1 designer period. Now this is a big if, because it still could be internet nonsense click bait, or it could be a major flop. But it could be a major success, and that should come with the accolade of the best F1 designer, making the best F1 car for the last 8 years across multiple regulation changes.
irunalot1518.00
MontyB11416.00
      03-09-2022, 04:12 AM   #768
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The only reason why there would be a protest is from teams not being able to replicate Mercedes and potentially Mercedes powered teams due to their engine architectures now being locked in, and the engine architecture is key to the packaging.

There's nothing in the regulations that enforces the presence of side pods, you only need the side impact structures which will be present still. The only difference between this supposed side pod and the current one is just the externals, everything is already packaged where it needs to be to make the change, so all homologations are met. It's just a clever interpretation of the rules, if it comes into fruition.

Its funny when merc supposedly comes up with a genius idea it's called illegal, if Newey came up with this idea it would be hailed as revolutionary, and game changing. If Merc really comes up with this concept and it blows away the field I'm willing to say James Allison is the best F1 designer period. Now this is a big if, because it still could be internet nonsense click bait, or it could be a major flop. But it could be a major success, and that should come with the accolade of the best F1 designer, making the best F1 car for the last 8 years across multiple regulation changes.
Ex world champ D Hill was saying he could see no real reason why Masi left or was 'transferred' to another dept.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 04:24 AM   #769
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ex world champ D Hill was saying he could see no real reason why Masi left or was 'transferred' to another dept.
Now you're trying to spin a tale where nonexists..... Masi was fired because he clearly f'ed up many times during the season, and it was evident he could not deal with the pressures of being race director. Where Hill said he should have stayed others say he should be sacked.

You do realize the FIA race director doesn't call the shots on car regulations right? Masi was the race director, not a legality inspector....... There is an entirely different panel for that. Ross Braun and co also have a say on regulation changes too. And anything mercedes will bring will be checked with the legality team just like das was, and it will be even more strict this year so the cars don't bring anything that will distrupt air flow and prevent closer racing. That's why they have a hot fix regulation change this year so if the fia sees teams trying to circumvent the regulations they can hot fix the regulation and issue out bans. So mercedes will be legal.

The season hasn't started and we don't even know if the W13 is going to be present without side pods during testing 2 and you're already making excuses for redbull.... That shows your accusations aren't based in reality if you have to spin up stories and accusations before anything has even happened.
Steeler2430.00
irunalot1518.00
      03-09-2022, 05:33 AM   #770
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Now you're trying to spin a tale where nonexists..... Masi was fired because he clearly f'ed up many times during the season, and it was evident he could not deal with the pressures of being race director. Where Hill said he should have stayed others say he should be sacked.

You do realize the FIA race director doesn't call the shots on car regulations right? Masi was the race director, not a legality inspector....... There is an entirely different panel for that. Ross Braun and co also have a say on regulation changes too. And anything mercedes will bring will be checked with the legality team just like das was, and it will be even more strict this year so the cars don't bring anything that will distrupt air flow and prevent closer racing. That's why they have a hot fix regulation change this year so if the fia sees teams trying to circumvent the regulations they can hot fix the regulation and issue out bans. So mercedes will be legal.

The season hasn't started and we don't even know if the W13 is going to be present without side pods during testing 2 and you're already making excuses for redbull.... That shows your accusations aren't based in reality if you have to spin up stories and accusations before anything has even happened.
Masi made decisions with so many outside factors and other interests involved in the decision making..
You say Merc will be legal when they haven't even appeared in campaign armour yet so I'll just take what you say with a pinch of salt for now
Appreciate 1