New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #3323
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
KSCarrol - this is not the first time he's asked for a dead person's belongings. In case you were wondering, the "M" in MKSixer stands for "Mooch".
Just so you know, I'm not the one who started that grand tradition. A couple of years ago I was VERY sick with Pneumonia like symptoms and could sleep so what was I doing...I was on BP. jtodd_fl and shoei were also on at that unGodly hour and asked what was going on. I told them how sick I was and BAM, I new tradition started.

This is important in the lore and history of BP OT. Spread this far and wide just as you will spread the message of Joy on VD!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #3324
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Just so you know, I'm not the one who started that grand tradition. A couple of years ago I was VERY sick with Pneumonia like symptoms and could sleep so what was I doing...I was on BP. jtodd_fl and shoei were also on at that unGodly hour and asked what was going on. I told them how sick I was and BAM, I new tradition started.

This is important in the lore and history of BP OT. Spread this far and wide just as you will spread the message of Joy on VD!

Yes, and I have no trouble believing shoei would do such a thing. I believe at the time he was involved in a mortal fight against Miss Piggy and needed money to build his own Frankenstein.

Sadly, based on ASBSECU E93 last post, it seems Shoei's Frankenstein took a weird approach to winning the fight and simply ate Miss Piggy and gained 1500 pounds...but with no corresponding power increases.

Is that about right ASB? Or was Shoei the winner? I can never remember...
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34183.50
      02-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #3325
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes, and I have no trouble believing shoei would do such a thing. I believe at the time he was involved in a mortal fight against Miss Piggy and needed money to build his own Frankenstein.

Sadly, based on ASBSECU E93 last post, it seems Shoei's Frankenstein took a weird approach to winning the fight and simply ate Miss Piggy and gained 1500 pounds...but with no corresponding power increases.

Is that about right ASB? Or was Shoei the winner? I can never remember...
It actually sounds like everyone lost this one.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #3326
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Just stirring away at that pot. What did we do for that week you were on vacay?????
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #3327
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Alibaba.com

Geez...get with the program.
Yeah but they have an MOQ of a full container. Who wants a 40 foot container packed full with online order brides? What a nightmare.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #3328
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yeah but they have an MOQ of a full container. Who wants a 40 foot container packed full with online order brides? What a nightmare.
A mosque maybe?

Sort of like revealing the gold reserves from time to time to support the currency issued. This supports the preaching about the 40 virgins and what not is underpinned by something?
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #3329
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Just stirring away at that pot. What did we do for that week you were on vacay?????
Was this question directed at me? You didn't quote me so not sure.

If so, I'm going to surmise that you set aside the first several days of the week for mourning my absence, and the remainder was dedicated as a vigil to when I'd return.

At least that's what I hope happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #3330
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Use of That which we are to never speak of again.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 01:38 PM   #3331
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
KSCarrol - this is not the first time he's asked for a dead person's belongings. In case you were wondering, the "M" in MKSixer stands for "Mooch".

Oh man... I'm really sorry you are spreading VD... Does Venereal Disease cause you a lot of discomfort tho? Did you get it from ASBSECU E93 ?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34183.50
      02-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #3332
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Oh man... I'm really sorry you are spreading VD... Does Venereal Disease cause you a lot of discomfort tho? Did you get it from ASBSECU E93 ?
Dude! Read the thread on Happy VD, Spread the Joy! This is a substitute for Happy Valentine's Day, I Love You.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #3333
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
We don't either. Our anniversary is a week after VD and I argued from the very beginning that to celebrate VD would cheapen our anniversary celebration a week later. I got a little bit of a sideways look, but it worked! I get off scotfree on VD...woohoo.
Well done.

Just this morning, I was arguing that we shouldn't celebrate Valentines Day if she was not going to observe the March "holiday" being Steak and BJ day.

She advanced the view that just because I made up a day in March doesn't make it as significant as Valentine's Day. Counsel for the defence proposed that my opinion on what constitutes a day of celebration is in no way inferior to whoever it was that first made up Valentine's day and thus equal weighting should be given to both.

The jury is still out. But counsel for the defense is already considering avenues of appeal based on the looks received to their closing arguments.

Defence could use some help from the forums. Any female input that could destroy her case? bimmette and Lups ? Otherwise, I think I might lose this one. And I do truly hate losing.
It's a stupid holiday- I've never been one to care about it. Sorry, can't help you if it means something to her.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #3334
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
It's a stupid holiday- I've never been one to care about it. Sorry, can't help you if it means something to her.
I know. It doesn't seem to mean a great deal. I am just trying to get equal weighting assigned to both "holidays"...if they were treated equally, I'd be more inclined to make efforts on Valentine's day.

But I feel like I'm going to lose on my attempt to make both February and March holidays equal in stature. Certainly I don't believe Hallmark is planning on coming out with anything in the near future for the March holiday. Strange, in a way, for such a profit orientated company.

On another note, I now refuse to buy almost anyone cards. If you are a friend or family, you aren't getting a card. It's ridiculous how much they are charging for cards now - you can't get out of the store without spending at least $10 on a piece of paper...sometimes more. Which just goes in the garbage after being opened. So screw you Hallmark and all other card people - not buying your overpriced crap anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #3335
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I know. It doesn't seem to mean a great deal. I am just trying to get equal weighting assigned to both "holidays"...if they were treated equally, I'd be more inclined to make efforts on Valentine's day.

But I feel like I'm going to lose on my attempt to make both February and March holidays equal in stature. Certainly I don't believe Hallmark is planning on coming out with anything in the near future for the March holiday. Strange, in a way, for such a profit orientated company.

On another note, I now refuse to buy almost anyone cards. If you are a friend or family, you aren't getting a card. It's ridiculous how much they are charging for cards now - you can't get out of the store without spending at least $10 on a piece of paper...sometimes more. Which just goes in the garbage after being opened. So screw you Hallmark and all other card people - not buying your overpriced crap anymore.
That's because unless hallmark sells steaks or sexy underwear they have no market interest in the March holiday.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #3336
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post

i think i won't be too far off from that, im thinking i might go out but i feel like it'd be too sad
Nah, it's not at all really. Go put yourself out among other people. Strike up a conversation with the bartender or the person sitting next to you. Socializing with strangers is sometimes just what the doctor ordered. Trust me, it's much better than sitting alone in an empty house.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2019, 03:30 PM   #3337
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's ridiculous how much they are charging for cards now - you can't get out of the store without spending at least $10 on a piece of paper...sometimes more.
Someone at Hallmark used their creative prowess to create that card, you are paying for their intellectual property.

I myself tend to venture into the $.99 aisle for cards. . .

You do realize a candy bar now costs more than $.10, correct????
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #3338
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Someone at Hallmark used their creative prowess to create that card, you are paying for their intellectual property.

SOB I will end you.

I suppose I could venture into the dollar store, but even then, ironically they are usually $2. But when you think about it, how hard is it to say what is on the card?

"Happy Birthday"
"I love you" (I don't after your candy bar comment...and no one calls it a candy bar anymore)
"Merry Christmas"

Etc. So say it, and save yourself the $10 and put it towards a better gift, or something else.
Appreciate 2
      02-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #3339
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

SOB I will end you.

I suppose I could venture into the dollar store, but even then, ironically they are usually $2. But when you think about it, how hard is it to say what is on the card?

"Happy Birthday"
"I love you" (I don't after your candy bar comment...and no one calls it a candy bar anymore)
"Merry Christmas"

Etc. So say it, and save yourself the $10 and put it towards a better gift, or something else.
Have a Snickers
You're not you when you're hangry
shoei7779.00
Dang3r12512.00
      02-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #3340
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SOB I will end you.

"Happy Birthday"
"Merry Christmas"

Have a Snickers
You're not you when you're hangry
Man, how old are you and Joek?

10 cent chocolate bars?!

"Candy bars"?

So I'm curious... What was it like living through the Great Depression?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:47 PM   #3341
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

10 cent chocolate bars?!

"Candy bars"?

Hey - that's all Wede. He's the one revealing his age, bringing up $0.10 "candy bars". I only pointed out the candy bar comment, didn't want to further embarrass him by suggesting said bars were around that price in the Great Depression.

I'm the ripe old age of 37. Wede is decades older I tell you. Decades.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #3342
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

10 cent chocolate bars?!

"Candy bars"?

Hey - that's all Wede. He's the one revealing his age, bringing up $0.10 "candy bars". I only pointed out the candy bar comment, didn't want to further embarrass him by suggesting said bars were around that price in the Great Depression.

I'm the ripe old age of 37. Wede is decades older I tell you. Decades.
So he's younger than ASBSECU E93 you say? Fucking relics... They should be driving Lexus's... or walkers with tennis balls...
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7558.50
      02-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #3343
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So he's younger than ASBSECU E93 you say? Fucking relics... They should be driving Lexus's... or walkers with tennis balls...
You forgot Buick's. Particularly the old Roadmasters.
Appreciate 2
shoei7779.00
MKSixer34183.50
      02-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #3344
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
don't shit on buicks

my mom's opel insignia(buick regal) drives better than my F10