New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-24-2023, 11:13 AM   #4995
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

An oldie but a goodie.
Race with the Devil with Fonda and Oates.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jo...id:DbKpXL-E8mg
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 11:26 AM   #4996
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

There's nothing like classic Sam Raimi.

Evil Dead 2
      04-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #4997
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
You guys want terrifying?

With no blood, no gore, and maybe just a few bad words?

*Completely* psychological.

"The Vanishing".

Not repeat NOT the drivel/remake with Kiefer Sutherland-- you want the original one in German & Dutch w/ subtitles.

Flat-out most terrifying movie I've ever seen-- I watched it over 20 years ago and it sticks with me to this day.

R.
For sure, that's probably up there in terms of worst ways to die. Even burning alive or eaten by sharks or bears are better.

It's a thriller though. I'm still starved for a good horror, so few of those.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 02:41 PM   #4998
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Haven't been to the movies in years. Went the other day and watched Wick. First part of the movie was meh, the later part picked up and was better. The scene where the camera is taking a top down shot from the ceiling and he has that shot gun shooting fire... that was the money shot. Probably still my least favorite in the series.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 02:47 PM   #4999
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

New trailer drops for The Flash.

Was a favorite comic of mine when I was a kid.

Last edited by Esteban; 04-26-2023 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 04:11 PM   #5000
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
New trailer drops for The Flash.

Was a favorite comic of mine when I was a kid.
This seriously looks EPIC good!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 01:18 PM   #5001
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

I really dislike this 'latest' trend of thrillers. You guys see the latest Scream 6? It starts off interestingly enough but then it goes into some convoluted nonsense of rationalizing why the murders happen, it's like a contest to see who can invent the most subversive, complicated headache of a plot. Can't believe some ppl still pay to watch these.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2023, 01:21 PM   #5002
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I really dislike this 'latest' trend of thrillers. You guys see the latest Scream 6? It starts off interestingly enough but then it goes into some convoluted nonsense of rationalizing why the murders happen, it's like a contest to see who can invent the most subversive, complicated headache of a plot. Can't believe some ppl still pay to watch these.
I watched the first one. The rest of them… meh. 😑
      04-28-2023, 01:43 PM   #5003
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I watched the first one. The rest of them… meh. 😑
Exactly, the first one was a trailblazer, but I couldn't even tell you which sequel is which, it just got progressively more ridiculous (kinda like the Halloween franchise...is Mikey finally dead yet? I should hope so w the metal grinder thingy haha).
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Esteban43787.00
      04-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #5004
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, the first one was a trailblazer, but I couldn't even tell you which sequel is which, it just got progressively more ridiculous (kinda like the Halloween franchise...is Mikey finally dead yet? I should hope so w the metal grinder thingy haha).
Then the Wayan Bros made their parody, "Scary Movie." Again, the first one was good. Then... meh.

I remember you're not a fan of comedies, so probably not your cup of tea.

Last edited by Esteban; 04-28-2023 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00
      04-29-2023, 01:24 AM   #5005
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

Watched “Sisu” tonight. Fun action movie. On the way out, they were handing out Guardians of Galaxy posters. There was an early screening.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2023, 06:44 AM   #5006
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Watched “Sisu” tonight. Fun action movie. On the way out, they were handing out Guardians of Galaxy posters. There was an early screening.
I played the trailer for my wife the other night, we're looking forward to it streaming.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 09:47 PM   #5007
Donut Lord
Do Donuts
Rep

Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
You guys want terrifying?

With no blood, no gore, and maybe just a few bad words?

*Completely* psychological.

"The Vanishing".

Not repeat NOT the drivel/remake with Kiefer Sutherland-- you want the original one in German & Dutch w/ subtitles.

Flat-out most terrifying movie I've ever seen-- I watched it over 20 years ago and it sticks with me to this day.

R.
The Vanishing with the three guys on a island to look over a lighthouse?
      04-29-2023, 10:52 PM   #5008
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Lord View Post
The Vanishing with the three guys on a island to look over a lighthouse?
No. It's a Dutch/German film where a guy and his girlfriend (college students?) are driving on the autobahn and they stop at a gas station.

The girl vanishes into thin air.

The guy spend YEARS looking for her-- putting up posters, going on air, etc. without a single clue. She literally vanished in the space of a few seconds.

And then out of the blue, a nebbish type older guy comes up to himand says "You don't know me..... but if you are willing, I can show you exactly what happened to your girlfriend and where she is-- this is a one-time offer. You'll never see me again."

No blood, no gore, no violence-- and it flat-out terrified me.

You get a pretty damn good idea of pure frelling evil out of the movie.

It came out in the late '80's, so it's probably a fair bit dated, but I'm STILL never going to watch it again...... it was THAT disturbing.

R.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096163...%2520vanishing
      04-30-2023, 01:22 AM   #5009
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep

Drives: A Car

Quote:
Then the Wayan Bros made their parody, "Scary Movie." Again, the first one was good. Then... meh.

I remember you're not a fan of comedies, so probably not your cup of tea.
The first Scary Movie for me is a classic. I can easily watch it over and over again. The rest though, agreed, meh. The 3rd one isn’t too bad though and has its moments.
Esteban43787.00
      04-30-2023, 09:31 PM   #5010
Donut Lord
Do Donuts
Rep

Drives: '12 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
No. It's a Dutch/German film where a guy and his girlfriend (college students?) are driving on the autobahn and they stop at a gas station.

The girl vanishes into thin air.

The guy spend YEARS looking for her-- putting up posters, going on air, etc. without a single clue. She literally vanished in the space of a few seconds.

And then out of the blue, a nebbish type older guy comes up to himand says "You don't know me..... but if you are willing, I can show you exactly what happened to your girlfriend and where she is-- this is a one-time offer. You'll never see me again."

No blood, no gore, no violence-- and it flat-out terrified me.

You get a pretty damn good idea of pure frelling evil out of the movie.

It came out in the late '80's, so it's probably a fair bit dated, but I'm STILL never going to watch it again...... it was THAT disturbing.

R.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096163...%2520vanishing
Thanks for the details.

You should check out The Vanishing I mentioned. It is "based on a true story" the true story you can look up is there was 3x lighthouse keepers on some island off the coast of UK? or Ireland? one or the other. Only way off the island is by a boat that comes to pick you up, you basically are on your own. Eventually, boat comes to find that none of the guys are on the island and that the island took a hard hit from a storm.

In the film, it creates a plot of some people came to the island, cash of gold, etc. but the original story is interesting as the only feasible explanation they could some up with is one of the 3x fell into the water off a dock during the storm and the other two died trying to save him.

Movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vanishing_(2018_film)

True Story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanna..._disappearance
      04-30-2023, 09:54 PM   #5011
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

Quote:
^ Watched the trailer and it is very Sam Raimi like. Just read Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are executive producers. Sam Raimi's Ghost House Pictures appears to be one of the production companies. Also read he picked the director.
Good to know! I actually didn't know about Rise or the 2013 movie until this weekend. Is the latter a remake or a "modern take" of the original?
      04-30-2023, 10:29 PM   #5012
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Good to know! I actually didn't know about Rise or the 2013 movie until this weekend. Is the latter a remake or a "modern take" of the original?
I’d say a modern take. You gonna go see it?

Let us know what you think.
      05-04-2023, 02:12 PM   #5013
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

I never like comedy/horrors, I think they're weird, like eating diet ice cream, but Renfield is nicely done.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 02:28 PM   #5014
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

^In contrast, even though The Pope's Exorcist is well-made, has an A-list actor, I think that my better half is right about this subgenre, even though I'm a sucker for horrors. It's always the same stuff, furiously reciting prayers, the thing doing weird gymnastics, the backup priest not heeding to not communicate w the thing and getting into trouble, finding out its name makes it weak, bla bla bla.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 02:38 PM   #5015
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Watched this last night. I'm a Russell Crow fan and it was good seeing him in a completely different character and horror genre.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 02:51 PM   #5016
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I never like comedy/horrors, I think they're weird, like eating diet ice cream, but Renfield is nicely done.
I'm looking forward to seeing this one.