New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

05-19-2023, 06:21 AM   #45
NCRob
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
absolutely worth it, makes cleaning so mich easier and i don't need that strong wheel cleaner, just the same shampoo i use on the car
I did the same here. That Gyeon stuff is fantastic. Fortunately mine were brand new wheels so the prep was easier. I used the Gyeon prep spray too. At some point I need to do my used winter set and that will certainly require more effort
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 08:01 AM   #46
Chad11491
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 21 IOMG M3 6MT

FWIW, I used to coat all my wheels, but I've since just started using Carpro Hydro2 on my wife and I's car's wheels. I spray it on once a month and it keeps the wheels as hydrophobic as they used to be when coating. one bottle of Hydro2 concentrate makes about 6-7 bottles of the proper dilution, and I've gone through one bottle in a year and a half reapplying every month. I never really found coatings to help much with the cleaning, as I had to agitate/wash them anyway to get all the dust off. It mainly helps with blowing them dry super quick IMO.
Appreciate 4
icj_45e106.50
B58 parts471.50
chris7197273.00
Nettles756.50
      05-19-2023, 10:51 AM   #47
chris719
Major General
Rep

Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad11491 View Post
FWIW, I used to coat all my wheels, but I've since just started using Carpro Hydro2 on my wife and I's car's wheels. I spray it on once a month and it keeps the wheels as hydrophobic as they used to be when coating. one bottle of Hydro2 concentrate makes about 6-7 bottles of the proper dilution, and I've gone through one bottle in a year and a half reapplying every month. I never really found coatings to help much with the cleaning, as I had to agitate/wash them anyway to get all the dust off. It mainly helps with blowing them dry super quick IMO.
Yes I use Gyeon WetCoat for this, almost the same product. I don’t think any ceramic coating does much for brake dust, tried 2 so far. Good for paint and glass but vastly overrated for wheels.
Appreciate 0