New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

10-09-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep

Drives: E91 N54 swapped

Deleting EWS on a Bosch 7.2 M62TU

I'll take a stab here in case someone sees it. I usually hang out on E90post where I converted my 2012 328 wagon awd auto car to a N54 full bolt on rwd manual. Most of my coding experience is with Protools and Ista etc. I had to send my dme and cas module out for the swap becuse of the ISN match.

Current project is my kid bought a project 99' 540 wagon that's been manual swapped that he plans to drift and do some road trips. Previous owner created a jumbled mess of DME, key and EWS module. The car is currently no crank no start. I assumed I could ews delete the car like my buddy's e46 drift car but the bosch dme is proving to be not as common. He's a kid on a budget so trying to do this at home before spending his money.

Does anyone know if the MS4X.net software can be used on a bosch DME? Any other software options out there to just wipe ews off to eliminate that issue? Thanks
Appreciate 0