New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #45
packetninja
Rep

Drives: 06 330i silver/blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish1
This national catastrophe is being used by the opposition to this administration simply to make political hay and I find it disgraceful.
absolutely spot on!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #46
Imperial
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399@mac.com
Finally someone who got it right!
Right is a point-of-view, my young friend.

Speaking for myself, no I am not a Bush supporter. My distaste for his administration and policies stems not from some irreverant extremism or far-left fringe ideology, but from the fact that I feel that he is leading the country and your average American down a path with which I cannot agree based on my OWN moral and sociopolitical values. The situation in New Orleans, however, has less to do with Bush and more to do with the entire situation in the government. Bush and his cohorts spoke much of strengthening America during their bid for reelection in 2004. I guess they managed to ignore THIS issue of "strength." Is Bush 100% to blame? I don't think so. Is he partly to blame? Yes. All he's done is posture and point fingers. Admittedly, I've done little more, but then again I'm not the president of this country. Do the mayor of New Orleans, the governor of Louisiana, and members of FEMA and other gov't organizations deserve blame, too? Yes. The lawlessness in NO is no surprise, really. Those people are some of the poorest I've EVER seen. Yes, I've been to New Orleans and to the projects there! It's sad, it really is. And as mentioned before, these people haven't the education most of us take for granted. When your life consists of little more than trying to survive the streets day to day, you think other stuff matters much to you? These people have also been oppressed for years, of COURSE they're going to lose it when all hell breaks loose.

Ultimately, it's the duty of the federal government (for now, anyway) to assist its citizens in a situation as such. It's sad that the grand United States of America can't even get a handle on disaster relief for it's own people.

and Kanye makes a point, but it's a little hyperbolic. Race is an issue, it always has been in the former Confederate states of the Deep South. What do you expect!? But for him to rant as such, please. Back to the studio, you egomaniacal yet mediocre rapper.

Sorry for the rant. Not necessarily as expansive as it could have gotten, but I've got little time and I feel I'm not fully familiar with the situation in NOLA to continue critiquing.

oh, and hell yes I'm from California. Wouldn't have it any.other.way.

09-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #47
packetninja
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial
Right is a point-of-view, my young friend.
It says from your profile you are 24 full of life's expierences i'm sure....
Quote:
Ultimately, it's the duty of the federal government (for now, anyway) to assist its citizens in a situation as such. It's sad that the grand United States of America can't even get a handle on disaster relief for it's own people.
Did you happen to take any gov't courses in your 24 years? Its apparent you didn't. The US Gov't cannot just go in and take over..surely you know this. The correct statement would be:

"It's sad that the grand state of Louisiana can't even get a handle on disaster relief for it's own people."

Quote:
and Kanye makes a point, but it's a little hyperbolic. Race is an issue, it always has been in the former Confederate states of the Deep South. What do you expect!? But for him to rant as such, please. Back to the studio, you egomaniacal yet mediocre rapper.
Kanye makes a myopic point. I knew 2 years ago when i watched an interview with him that he's racist. He basically admitted it. I agree with your statement that it was egomaniacal though..and yes he is mediocre.

Quote:
Sorry for the rant. Not necessarily as expansive as it could have gotten, but I've got little time and I feel I'm not fully familiar with the situation in NOLA to continue critiquing.
Just how familiar are you with the entire situation? If it's only from watching news coverage like most people here what do any of us really know? If you have some insight into the logistics it takes to evacuate 200,000 people we would love to entertain it i'm sure. Hell for that matter why not tell us how you provide water, food, and shelter for that many +. Pretty daunting isn't it..i'm sure it's much easier to arm chair quarter back and point blame in all directions. You seem to be quite proficient at it.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #48
Hunter399
Major General
Rep

Drives: F90M5

Thank you... finally some who understands!

I live in Houston and the "refugees" are all here and they need help!

NO politics...Just help...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 10:41 PM   #49
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Lexus sc400

On one hand we see the the blamers and buck-passers and whiners (are you hearing me Mr Mayor of New Orleans). And on the other we witness the spirit that makes America great.

I am referrering to the great people of the state of Texas.

God bless them.

There we see people taking action to come to the aid of their fellow man in a time of crisis. They demonstrate the caring and compassion for hurting people that we all should, instead of arguing about who is at fault.

The outpouring of kindness by the people of Texas is heart-warming and should serve as inspiration to us all.
      09-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #50
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i

This is now. From the Homeland Security websitehttp://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/theme_home2.jsp

"In the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale emergency, the Department of Homeland Security will assume primary responsibility on March 1st for ensuring that emergency response professionals are prepared for any situation. This will entail providing a coordinated, comprehensive federal response to any large-scale crisis and mounting a swift and effective recovery effort."

there something to understand, its the federal governments responsiblity.

Clearly we have a weak central government.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 10:59 PM   #51
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon
This is now. From the Homeland Security websitehttp://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/theme_home2.jsp

"In the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale emergency, the Department of Homeland Security will assume primary responsibility on March 1st for ensuring that emergency response professionals are prepared for any situation. This will entail providing a coordinated, comprehensive federal response to any large-scale crisis and mounting a swift and effective recovery effort."

there something to understand, its the federal governments responsiblity.

Clearly we have a weak central government.
I'm not conceding agreement with your premise, but why don't you tell us how you make the leap from this to your opening statement "George Bush doesn't care about black people!".
      09-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #52
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep

opening statement (first post)

"http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

Damn, they cut him off so fast!"

Now, if you will note i am not "KANYE WEST"
therefore you are wrong to say "your opening statement"

i merely am showing the GOVERNMENT website that clearly states that the Federal Government shall take full responsibity of a, and i quote "In the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale emergency"
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #53
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90

Who da' hell is Kanye? Is he that illiterate dude next to Mike Meyers? Anyways, I'm donating some food, toys(non-power rangers), and some clothes off tomorrow for someone in my neighborhood to drop of at Red Cross. I'm doing my part....so no more finger pointing.......PEACE!
      09-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #54
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep

yes, Kanye West is the black man standing next to Mike Meyers.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #55
wish1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon
opening statement (first post)

"http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

Damn, they cut him off so fast!"

Now, if you will note i am not "KANYE WEST"
therefore you are wrong to say "your opening statement"

i merely am showing the GOVERNMENT website that clearly states that the Federal Government shall take full responsibity of a, and i quote "In the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale emergency"
The heading of your post does not state KANYE WEST says...

Therefore the statement is attributable to you.

And your following statement that "they cut him off so fast" implies you believe his drivel sould have been permitted to continue. I am in favor of free speech but believe a fund-raising event for this disaster was not the appropriate forum for political rhetoric.

I can certainly see why you might want to back off your position now.

Do you wish to clarify? Or perhaps go on record rejecting such a statement as racist, divisive and irresponsible?
      09-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #56
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Although i admire your attempts to understand what i was thinking, they are wrong.

i was merely point out the fact that he was cut off quickly. Your assumptions prove to be false and misled.
I back off for no one, and i have had only one position, that of which is the failure of a timely response from our government.
What Mr. West did was Bold, and daring, and yet foolish. That was not the enviroment where one should express his policital motives.

It was irresponsible, but i fail to see how it was racist, all too often is the race card thrown out for a knee-jerk.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #57
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

IMO K. West should have said, "if it was a town of rich white people help would have been there a lot faster." It would be just like I saw here living in NJ when 9/11 took place.

Most leaders dont give a crap about the poor since they dont vote!

Bush is not the only person to blame, but since most of us seem like caring people on this forum I bet we would have done things different. Maybe jump into our chopper and check out the scene and start a plan of action. Our pres sat on his ass for 2 days on vacation! I think that is why so many people are pissed off and the fact humans keep dying as I type!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 07:55 AM   #58
packetninja
Rep

scott i understand your "reasoning" but do you also take into consideration that the day after everyone was saying NO's dodged the bullet etc. And to this day monday they are still realizing the exact extent of the damage. No one knew it was this bad on tuesday and maybe even weds morning. I didn't realize the true extent until weds. night. Unless you have access to another news crew that was inside NO's flooded neighborhoods then i doubt you did either.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #59
MonacoBlueNJ
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Monaco Blue 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
IMO K. West should have said, "if it was a town of rich white people help would have been there a lot faster." It would be just like I saw here living in NJ when 9/11 took place.

Most leaders dont give a crap about the poor since they dont vote!

Bush is not the only person to blame, but since most of us seem like caring people on this forum I bet we would have done things different. Maybe jump into our chopper and check out the scene and start a plan of action. Our pres sat on his ass for 2 days on vacation! I think that is why so many people are pissed off and the fact humans keep dying as I type!
What would he be able to see from a chopper that he couldn't see from numerous news cameras? And, in case you didn't know, there were people with guns shooting at choppers. And for all you people defending the savages down there, ask yourself this...if it was a largely white area, do you think innocent people trying to perform rescue operations would be shot at?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #60
NaTuReB0Y