New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #45
surlynkid
Major
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
it is all diet. my wife is a crossfit instructor with 6 pack abs. she gets that from diet.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #46
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire View Post
Go to the doc and check for low testosterone. Bulging belly is one of the signs of low-T. I use a testosterone replacement therapy gel every day. Feel like i'm 20 again.
Thank you I will have to go back and get that checked as well.

The doc wasn't sure what was up, but my blood cell count was kind of high and my lower gut was bloated...and hurt...but i didn't have a temp. At first he thought it may be my appendix....but when he pocket that part i was ok.

So he put me on a low level antibiotic right away and did a basic blood test.

Turns out I did or do have some sort of infection…white blood cells were a little high.
But more importantly my sodium levels were super low! He screamed at me for trying to kill myself!
And ordered me to increase my salt intake.

So now it’s been what two three weeks…my gut is flatter I feel better….and I’m drinking 1 quart of Gatorade per day mixed 50/50 with water.
And as soon as this light course of antibiotics is done with I will be taking probiotics.
It’s truly amazing how important stomach health is to our well being and our work outs.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #47
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
This! 89% of abs are built in the kitchen.
The correct number is actually 91.6%. It changed a bit from 2012 to 2013 (ab inflation)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #48
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
The correct number is actually 91.6%. It changed a bit from 2012 to 2013 (ab inflation)
I stand corrected
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #49
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
it is all diet. my wife is a crossfit instructor with 6 pack abs. she gets that from diet.
I eat clean 85% of the time but need someone to fine tune my diet so I get get over the hump. Maybe i'll just finally ask one of the people at my gym.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #50
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
I eat clean 85% of the time but need someone to fine tune my diet so I get get over the hump. Maybe i'll just finally ask one of the people at my gym.
Why don't you ask us? I'll offer you this challenge:
Write down everything you eat for the rest of the week. That means everything from when you wake up in the morning to when you go to sleep at night. If you can, weigh out your food or do your best to estimate the portion size of everything.

The problem people run into is when people fail to add up everything they consume in the day. You may eat healthy most of the time, but here are a few examples of how a good diet and go to hell very quickly:

You order a coke at a restaurant- with free refills you could easily drink 24-36 ounces worth. That’s 280-420 calories right there
You order a salad but put ranch dressing on it- A large serving of ranch will easily have 300 calories in it.

You go out on a Friday night and order a margarita or two- each one could easily have 300 calories in it.

You get cheese on a subway sandwich- That adds another 300 calories
It’s the little things that add up fast. one soda, one beer, and one slice of cheese could mean the difference between staying the same weight or losing 5 pounds a month.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #51
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
Why don't you ask us? I'll offer you this challenge:
Write down everything you eat for the rest of the week. That means everything from when you wake up in the morning to when you go to sleep at night. If you can, weigh out your food or do your best to estimate the portion size of everything.

The problem people run into is when people fail to add up everything they consume in the day. You may eat healthy most of the time, but here are a few examples of how a good diet and go to hell very quickly:

You order a coke at a restaurant- with free refills you could easily drink 24-36 ounces worth. That’s 280-420 calories right there
You order a salad but put ranch dressing on it- A large serving of ranch will easily have 300 calories in it.

You go out on a Friday night and order a margarita or two- each one could easily have 300 calories in it.

You get cheese on a subway sandwich- That adds another 300 calories
It’s the little things that add up fast. one soda, one beer, and one slice of cheese could mean the difference between staying the same weight or losing 5 pounds a month.
You make a valid point, thanks for taking the time to point it out. I drink only water but alcohol 1 night a week and 15% of the time eating whatever would explain why i look 85% as good as I'd like to. Maybe I can adjust my expectations and aim to get to 92.5% because I like my life style and I know i'd be depressed if I looked spectacular but couldn't drink a couple beers or eat a cheeseburger/cheese steak sammy once in a while.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #52
tigerm
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2x ZHP, 3x E90, F10, F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
Guys I'm having an issue which i can't for the life of me figure out and maybe you can help. My abbs are strong, I can do leg lifts and planks till the cows come home...my only issue is that i can't seem to flatten out my gut!
It's more ) than |
what can i do at the gym to help tighten the muscles so that make my abbs look as strong as they feel.
Thank you
Working abs won't get your gut to go anywhere, it'll just make the core stronger. Lookup high intensity interval training HIIT for treadmill, one of the best way to lose fat. You'll basically have to decrease overall body fat to get rid of the belly.
Appreciate 0