New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-14-2021, 10:06 AM   #89
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
If you see a black cLK cabrio with brit plate then please don't race it my friend..it may be us and you know what women drivers are like
"Checo Perez"
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10311.00
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #90
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:
Marko said:"There are a few options, but I don't want to name names
....ALL we wanna hear is names!

tbh from those who still don't have a contract, I'd imagine Russel to be the best pick. Would be something to buy him away from under MERC's nose...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 08-14-2021 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 3
      08-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #91
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
....ALL we wanna hear is names!
Yeah .Of course..
Depends of Checo's performance in the second half of this season .
At Francorchamps and Zandvoort to begin with ...

Damn . I can't wait !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-14-2021 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10311.00
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 10:38 AM   #92
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Depends of Checo's performance in the second half of this season .
True.
I don't think Checo's performance isn't that bad. Silverstone was of course an all time low, but looking at his points, this is still his best season ever I believe.
So at least he drives well within his abilities based on earlier results, and moving to RB was the best decision for him
Doesn't mean that there might be better drivers out there that RB might contract for '22

What is also interesting from wat Marko says, is his remark about oversteer.
Apparently the car is prone to oversteer, and that Max can handle that and that all the second drivers had trouble coping with that.
So that might be the origin of the 'myth' that 2nd drivers in the past were supposedly held back by lack of equipment in the RB team and therefore perform worse.
Maybe they just were not good enough to handle the steering character of the car, or at least not as good as Max is. Oversteer is only a problem when you can't catch it in time.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
      08-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #93
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
True.
I don't think Checo's performance isn't that bad. Silverstone was of course an all time low, but looking at his points, this is still his best season ever I believe.
So at least he drives well within his abilities based on earlier results, and moving to RB was the best decision for him
Doesn't mean that there might be better drivers out there that RB might contract for '22

What is also interesting from wat Marko says, is his remark about oversteer.
Apparently the car is prone to oversteer, and that Max can handle that and that all the second drivers had trouble coping with that.
So that might be the origin of the 'myth' that 2nd drivers in the past were supposedly held back by lack of equipment in the RB team and therefore perform worse.
Maybe they just were not good enough to handle the steering character of the car, or at least not as good as Max is. Oversteer is only a problem when you can't catch it in time.
You nailed it !

The RB-16B is a bitch to drive with , last year it was even worse . Checo was performing better in the beginning of this season with a copy&past from MAX's setup.

Hopefully Checo learned from his own setup mistakes ...

Appreciate 3
GuidoK10311.00
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 11:40 AM   #94
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Canada supplied more tanks than America during WW2....just saying
LOL! Where are you getting this from? The US and Russia produced the greatest number of tanks in WW2.

We don't need to fight WW2 again. The allies were getting their a55es handed to them in both theaters until American manufacturing support, firstly, and American fighting men/women were added, secondly.

Go look at the individual battles and the orders of engagement of the units contained in the theaters. Without US financial, materiel, and manpower, WW2 would have been lost. Oh...and Russian resistance. They did a hell of a job fighting Nazi's until they turned to crap. Patton was right, all along.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
      08-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #95
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
THIS !!!

Long story in short :
As you guys know , in summer I drive through the Belgian Ardennes .
But I always stop to visit the American Soldier Cemetery !
I think It was in 2009/2010 that I met 'there one of the last American survivors of the "Battle of the Bulge"
He said to me : Young man .You can call me John !
I said : Ok Sir. I'm honored to meet you John. May I ask you how old you are ?
He said : I'm feeling younger than I look like , and we both laughed out loud !
I think John was +/- 90 YO , but still in good shape !
I said : John you returned to Belgium to meet and to pray for your American friends ?
He said : Ohhhh NO ! After the war I returned very quickly to Belgium , because during the war I met the love of my life and I promised her to return and so he married the Belgian Marie-Louise and got 2 sons !

John said he lost all his American friends here ,more than 3 weeks they were surrounded in the forrest by the Germans and 3 weeks they were hit day and night by non-stop German airstrikes .
John was deaf , he lost his hearing by the German bombs that's why he was wearing hearing aid on both sides .
The next summer I returned to John's house in the Ardennes . But now the door was pulled open by someone else...
John passed away in his sleep ! But they showed me his grave and I put flowers on his grave .
I met John twice and we drank Belgian beers ,and John told me WWII stories that you guys never wouldn't believe !

I really miss John ! Respect , they died to protect our freedom ! May they all RIP !!!
GREAT POST Philippe!!

Part of a speech from Colin Powell in 2003 about American power and philosophy. One of the greatest speeches ever written:

The United States believes strongly in what you call soft power, the value of democracy, the value of the free economic system, the value of making sure that each citizen is free and free to pursue their own God-given ambitions and to use the talents that they were given by God. And that is what we say to the rest of the world. That is why we participated in establishing a community of democracy within the Western Hemisphere. It’s why we participate in all of these great international organizations.

There is nothing in American experience or in American political life or in our culture that suggests we want to use hard power. But what we have found over the decades is that unless you do have hard power — and here I think you’re referring to military power — then sometimes you are faced with situations that you can’t deal with.

I mean, it was not soft power that freed Europe. It was hard power. And what followed immediately after hard power? Did the United States ask for dominion over a single nation in Europe? No. Soft power came in the Marshall Plan. Soft power came with American GIs who put their weapons down once the war was over and helped all those nations rebuild. We did the same thing in Japan.

So our record of living our values and letting our values be an inspiration to others I think is clear. And I don’t think I have anything to be ashamed of or apologize for with respect to what America has done for the world.

We have gone forth from our shores repeatedly over the last hundred years and we’ve done this as recently as the last year in Afghanistan and put wonderful young men and women at risk, many of whom have lost their lives, and we have asked for nothing except enough ground to bury them in, and otherwise we have returned home to seek our own, you know, to seek our own lives in peace, to live our own lives in peace. But there comes a time when soft power or talking with evil will not work where, unfortunately, hard power is the only thing that works.

I'm proud to be an American and I hope everyone here is proud to be a citizen of the country they are from. I just don't like it when people tear my country down.

Cheers MK
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 5
EdM53825.50
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #96
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

At any rate, sorry for dragging this post last night.

I broke my own rule, NO bimmer posting after 2 beers

TMI...but 30 year police career + PTSD + alcohol = BAD IDEA

I respect all my foreign friends & their countries

Ever need us? You know we'll come running

Make it a great day and NO stirring the pot tonight, promise
Appreciate 6
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58412.50
EdM53825.50
      08-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #97
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
LOL! Where are you getting this from? The US and Russia produced the greatest number of tanks in WW2.

We don't need to fight WW2 again. The allies were getting their a55es handed to them in both theaters until American manufacturing support, firstly, and American fighting men/women were added, secondly.

Go look at the individual battles and the orders of engagement of the units contained in the theaters. Without US financial, materiel, and manpower, WW2 would have been lost. Oh...and Russian resistance. They did a hell of a job fighting Nazi's until they turned to crap. Patton was right, all along.
I agree completely

Regarding the Russians and "The German Operation Barbarossa"
The Russians fought very intelligently, they held off the German provisions from behind !

The Germans were running out of food ,medication , fuel and ammunition and the German war machine was stopped there !
If that wasn't enough ....The Russian winter came and tens of thousands German soldiers froze to death in their summer clothes !

Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #98
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
GREAT POST Philippe!!

Cheers MK
MKSixer Today I met our friend on this page in post 493 and lower => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...8#post27919828

Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #99
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Zandvoort is ready and it looks great !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick58412.50
GuidoK10311.00
      08-14-2021, 01:13 PM   #100
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
I agree completely

Regarding the Russians and "The German Operation Barbarossa"
The Russians fought very intelligently, they held off the German provisions from behind !

The Germans were running out of food ,medication , fuel and ammunition and the German war machine was stopped there !
If that wasn't enough ....The Russian winter came and tens of thousands German soldiers froze to death in their summer clothes !
Issuing of winter provisions for Fritz on the Eastern Front would have been treasonous with the Austrian painter having declared that the war in the East would be over by Christmas what were they thinking?? Still fortunately for the West the Nazi war machine was bleed out by the Russians with the help of supplies from the Allies brought over on the artic convoys.
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 3
      08-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #101
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
MKSixer Today I met our friend on this page in post 493 and lower => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...8#post27919828
Yes! He's back!! shoei is here. Kinda like a herpes sore. But worse looking and a bigger pain.
Appreciate 2
      08-14-2021, 01:28 PM   #102
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Maybe a slight exaggeration about the tanks ...but Canada produced around 800,000 military transport vehicles & 50,000 tanks

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...RZSr4C2OoqxN41
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      08-14-2021, 01:28 PM   #103
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Yes! He's back!! shoei is here. Kinda like a herpes sore. But worse looking and a bigger pain.
Yeah . And I really wonder if he's MAX or HAM fan ?

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #104
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Yeah . And I really wonder if he's MAX or HAM fan ?
I get the feeling he's a neutral just watching the outcome of the races.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2021, 01:43 PM   #105
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Maybe a slight exaggeration about the tanks ...but Canada produced around 800,000 military transport vehicles & 50,000 tanks

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...RZSr4C2OoqxN41
Actually it means nothing . The American and Canadian tanks were toys !

One German Tiger I or II tank with the thick armor took out (Regrettably) 10 US tanks ...
The Tiger fire power was like hell...

Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #106
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

One German Tiger I or II tank with the thick armor took out (Regrettably) 10 US tanks ...
Indeed Grandad witnessed the results of the 88 first hand for the first time in the desert when anti aircraft 88's started picking his guys off from an unsportingly long distance
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58412.50
      08-14-2021, 02:11 PM   #107
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Indeed Grandad witnessed the results of the 88 first hand for the first time in the desert when anti aircraft 88's started picking his guys off from an unsportingly long distance
They definitely had advanced equipment but a failed artist as chancellor and fuel production problems were only a couple of the problems that sank them.
Appreciate 4
      08-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #108
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They definitely had advanced equipment but a failed artist as chancellor and fuel production problems were only a couple of the problems that sank them.
Just like our bm's overly complicated & difficult/time consuming to repair 'in the field'
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      08-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #109
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

FYI 7 top Tiger aces

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...sLM8yvrpZVXEs8

Last edited by Chappers 71; 08-14-2021 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 3
      08-14-2021, 03:03 PM   #110
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:

FYI 7 top Tiger aces
Since we are talking fighter aces here is my favorite piece of art. Hand signed by one, if not the best German ace General Gunther Rall. Also signed by Wolfpack aces that shot him down: Col Hub Zemke & Col Robert Rankin. 968 of 1000, I barely got it
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58412.50