BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions X-Tomi design imagines the next 5er GT

10-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #23
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Same here. Love my GT, over my wife's F10 which to me, has no practical aspects at all. I can haul my mountain bike + gear + baby seat inside which is impossible in a F10. I believe the issue with the GT is the fact that BMW wanted a fastback (hatchback) sedan in the lineage of a A7, etc. but BMW designed it poorly by having it much higher than a F10 but not as high as a X5/X6, plus a high roofline so it doesn't have a sleek look. All this made a vehicle that stood too high, heavy like a tank and wasn't sleek in design to attract BMW buyers. Although the A7's design is also questionable, the majority Audi enthusiast love them, unlike the F07.
Appreciate 1
Laki021366.50
      10-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Same here. Love my GT, over my wife's F10 which to me, has no practical aspects at all. I can haul my mountain bike + gear + baby seat inside which is impossible in a F10. I believe the issue with the GT is the fact that BMW wanted a fastback (hatchback) sedan in the lineage of a A7, etc. but BMW designed it poorly by having it much higher than a F10 but not as high as a X5/X6, plus a high roofline so it doesn't have a sleek look. All this made a vehicle that stood too high, heavy like a tank and wasn't sleek in design to attract BMW buyers. Although the A7's design is also questionable, the majority Audi enthusiast love them, unlike the F07.
Agree with a lot of this. It's a sleek car that ate a bit too much Cut the bloat a bit and you'll have a handsome car. (and badge it a 7, which is what it is or now was)
Appreciate 0