New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

01-11-2023, 09:22 PM   #1
Llarry
///M driver
Rep

Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
Basic/simple (free) photo editing

I've recently replaced an older computer with one running Windows 11 and, in the process, lost the photo editing software that came with my 2009-vintage Canon point & shoot camera and my Infranview photo editing. My computer skills are limited, but I managed to make do with those. When I go to Canon to download software for my PowerShot590is camera, they tell me they have no compatible software. E.g., buy a new camera, you cheapskate -- or use your smartphone. I don't own a smartphone. But would like to be able to do simple photo editing, such as resizing or cropping.

I'm comfortable with my camera and was also surprised at how much inflation has done to inexpensive camera prices in the last 14 years! Of course the technology has advanced considerably, too. I've found that I can load photos onto the computer via USB despite the lack of Canon software.

Edit: I did manage to download Irfanview, a photo-editing software I had on my older computer. That may suffice for my needs; my recollection is that Irfanview was harder to use for cropping. I'll have to play with it some.

Further Edit: Who knew that Windows 11 had photo-editing capability built in? Very cool! So -- Never mind.

Last edited by Llarry; 01-19-2023 at 06:24 AM..
Appreciate 0