New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-12-2022, 11:28 AM   #1
Erebor
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Drives: M4 Competition (G82)

WE ARE M - Mbedded, Episode 6: The first one - hybrid drivetrain

‘MBEDDED’ #6: New episode of the video documentary offers an exclusive glimpse behind the scenes of engine production for the LMDh car.

In the 2022 season, BMW M Motorsport’s real-time video documentary ‘MBEDDED’ continues to offer exclusive insights behind the scenes of the racing programme, accompany management in their roles, and give viewers a totally new perspective of the big decision-making processes.

Munich. In the 2022 season, BMW M Motorsport’s real-time video documentary ‘ MBEDDED ’ continues to offer exclusive insights behind the scenes of the racing programme, accompany management in their roles, and give viewers a totally new perspective of the big decision-making processes. The sixth episode begins by following Andreas Roos at his first race as Head of BMW M Motorsport in Sebring (USA) . Part two offers an exclusive first insight into the complex process of manufacturing the hybrid drivetrain for the BMW M LMDh car.

Episode six begins with the 12 Hours of Sebring and an in-depth look at Andreas Roos in his role as Head of BMW M Motorsport. Viewers not only get to know him better, but also learn a little about the plans for the pending test phase for the new LMDh car, which will make its race debut at the 24 Hours of Daytona (USA) in 2023.

The second part of the episode enters uncharted territory. For the first time, BMW M Motorsport offers detailed insights into the development of the engine for the LMDh car. The engineers responsible show and explain the manufacturing process behind both the combustion engine and the electric motor, which completes the hybrid drivetrain. Here too, the engineers give a very good impression of just how sophisticated the project is. As one of the highlights, ‘MBEDDED’ offers a taste of the sound that fans can look forward to hearing from the combustion engine in the BMW M LMDh car.

Link to press release: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...-the-scenes-of

Name:  P90462071_lowRes_nuerburgring-ger-06-.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  291.9 KB

Incoming: 2023 F40 M135i xDrive in indiv. Tansanite Blue
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #2
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
This ended so suddenly.... Reminded me of an Extra Throttle House episode

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 12:45 PM   #3
solstice
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

The sound of a BMW engine at full rpms in the test bench is completely intoxicating. I’ve seen and heard it IRL at the Pretoria plant in South Africa. At that time it was “only” the M52 that went into the E36 328i but my god was it sweet music. If you weren’t a convinced fan going in you sure are when leaving
Appreciate 0