Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2021, 06:19 PM   #1387
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8382
Rep
14,435
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post

LED strip: Buy as much as you need
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LW Wire: Run from transformer to your LED strips
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Misc Connectors: If you dont want to solder you can use these to attach to LED strip then just use butt connectors to connect to LV wire.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED mounting channels with covers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MISC connectors: If you're back-lighting a mirror these are useful so you're not bending the strip instead you will cut 4 pieces of strip and use thee to connect to your LV feed. No soldering
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Solder butt connectors: The best, you just need a cig lighter.. use this to connect misc connectors to your LV feed wire for best connection
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wire cable organizer: For inside cabinets, etc for your LV wire feed
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED Transformer - Check LED strip length and calculate wattage you need
https://www.readyelectricsupply.com/...iversal-driver
gonna start looking into this as well as the diagrams you sent earlier and see what i need. thanks for this new project
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 06:49 PM   #1388
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
5456
Rep
681
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I am a fan of the EShine LED system from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JJ4748/

The above is just one piece, which contains a hand-wave sensor that turns the lights on/off without touching them. We had xenon puck lights over our kitchen sink for over 10 years, with a capacitive tap pad to turn them on/off. It is so much cleaner to wave and not touch anything, especially with wet hands. You can mix-and-match to get exactly what you need for your unique cabinet situation, and they are bright enough to serve as work lights for the countertops below.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 2
FCobra942679.50
      09-13-2021, 04:21 AM   #1389
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8382
Rep
14,435
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I am a fan of the EShine LED system from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JJ4748/

The above is just one piece, which contains a hand-wave sensor that turns the lights on/off without touching them. We had xenon puck lights over our kitchen sink for over 10 years, with a capacitive tap pad to turn them on/off. It is so much cleaner to wave and not touch anything, especially with wet hands. You can mix-and-match to get exactly what you need for your unique cabinet situation, and they are bright enough to serve as work lights for the countertops below.....
wow this is actually a nice design. wonder if they have anything in a multi color system?
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:10 AM   #1390
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
5456
Rep
681
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
They have an Amazon storefront, but I have never looked to see if they have color-changing LED stuff.

My project was to replace our under-counter xenon puck work lights, and the EShine LED setup did that and more.

Interesting footnote is that I bought a high-end addressable LED light strip kit last year as a new product pre-order. It does 64K different colors, animations, etc. Other than testing the LED strips out on the floor when the package arrived, I have done nothing with them. I was hoping to use them as room lighting around the perimeter of the ceiling, but they were only bright enough to function as accent lighting.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #1391
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
9081
Rep
3,136
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
Decided to finish the basement.

We're going to add a second kitchen and bathroom with a shower and 2 sinks. We'll have to cut the concrete for pluming. Dad said he can do that

Drywall we'll probably put on ourselves but have someone sand and paint it.

Still a long way to go but they don't have to use the minivan to haul studs since I can bring an F-150 from work
Please post up some pics of how you frame and sheetrock around that HVAC ducting. I'll be doing the same this winter and would love to see how your approach it.
Appreciate 1
Mosaud19981275.50
      09-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #1392
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1480
Rep
1,022
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Came home from golf two weekends ago to the wife's purchases rolling in. Asked her what we were getting ourselves into. She said "we are redoing the master bathroom today!", with the intention of completing everything in one day. I finally got her to put on the brakes and consider doing the aesthetic work properly rather than half assing everything based on pinterest DIYs. Luckily that went well and after two weekends our minor work is complete!
-New mirrors, light fixture, vanity fixtures, and all towel/TP racks.
-Repainted the entire room from blue to an off-white color (Chantilly Lace).
-Painting the vanity was a little more of a pain, and if I had a bigger budget I would've went a different route. They're coated in that MRF, and I know they say not to paint it or whatever but we did anyways. Sanded them down to get a decent finish followed by a prime coat and 2 top layers - finish turned out solid, but there are minor areas that will eventually need to be re-finished due to the MRF pealing. Wife just wanted to put a 1 coat on and I told her that was a terrible idea haha.
-Put wall paper up behind the vanity which was cake, also lined the back wall behind the toilet in the wall paper.
-The counter-top was really dull and everything would dry and stick to it. So I grabbed my orbital polisher, hit it with a cutting compound twice. Followed by a sealant - now it finally has a shear to it and everything drains much better. Was questioning my idea, but happy how it turned out.
-Then replaced the faucets and drains - no leaks yet knock on wood haha - first minor plumbing I've done.

All credit for design goes to the wife obviously - she wants to get into interior design and has had that idea for awhile now. Unfortunately we have always rented and never had the opportunity to do more "renovations". I told her that once we buy we can start tackling rooms and she can build a little portfolio - she is good with social media and editing so it was a big hit. Funny part is the contract to buy isn't even settled yet and we are already knocking out rooms haha. Total cost for all the work was right around $500, so aesthetically I think it was more than worth it. The floors/shower/bath will remain to be tackled another day once we have more to throw at it.

Anyways here are the before and after photos!
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 7
King Rudi12132.00
nyalpine906707.00
hybrid_eg772.00
RickFLM46791.50
FCobra942679.50
      09-15-2021, 05:48 PM   #1393
Mosaud1998
Major
United_States
1276
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Please post up some pics of how you frame and sheetrock around that HVAC ducting. I'll be doing the same this winter and would love to see how your approach it.
Sorry, I got busy.

Also, excuse the mess.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 4
RickFLM46791.50
FCobra942679.50
      09-16-2021, 08:38 AM   #1394
Patrick303
Lieutenant
Patrick303's Avatar
United_States
441
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: F36 440i GC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Came home from golf two weekends ago to the wife's purchases rolling in. Asked her what we were getting ourselves into. She said "we are redoing the master bathroom today!", with the intention of completing everything in one day. I finally got her to put on the brakes and consider doing the aesthetic work properly rather than half assing everything based on pinterest DIYs. Luckily that went well and after two weekends our minor work is complete!
-New mirrors, light fixture, vanity fixtures, and all towel/TP racks.
-Repainted the entire room from blue to an off-white color (Chantilly Lace).
-Painting the vanity was a little more of a pain, and if I had a bigger budget I would've went a different route. They're coated in that MRF, and I know they say not to paint it or whatever but we did anyways. Sanded them down to get a decent finish followed by a prime coat and 2 top layers - finish turned out solid, but there are minor areas that will eventually need to be re-finished due to the MRF pealing. Wife just wanted to put a 1 coat on and I told her that was a terrible idea haha.
-Put wall paper up behind the vanity which was cake, also lined the back wall behind the toilet in the wall paper.
-The counter-top was really dull and everything would dry and stick to it. So I grabbed my orbital polisher, hit it with a cutting compound twice. Followed by a sealant - now it finally has a shear to it and everything drains much better. Was questioning my idea, but happy how it turned out.
-Then replaced the faucets and drains - no leaks yet knock on wood haha - first minor plumbing I've done.

All credit for design goes to the wife obviously - she wants to get into interior design and has had that idea for awhile now. Unfortunately we have always rented and never had the opportunity to do more "renovations". I told her that once we buy we can start tackling rooms and she can build a little portfolio - she is good with social media and editing so it was a big hit. Funny part is the contract to buy isn't even settled yet and we are already knocking out rooms haha. Total cost for all the work was right around $500, so aesthetically I think it was more than worth it. The floors/shower/bath will remain to be tackled another day once we have more to throw at it.

Anyways here are the before and after photos!
Looks great! I especially like the wallpaper. Is that the adhesive backed stuff you can buy at Target, Home Depot, etc? Or is that the traditional stuff? I want to do a few accent walls with wallpaper, but nervous of how it'll turn out doing it myself!
__________________
2017 RS7 Prestige
2017 440i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport
2017 Ducati Monster 821
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 08:45 AM   #1395
Patrick303
Lieutenant
Patrick303's Avatar
United_States
441
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: F36 440i GC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
My landscapers just finished up yesterday afternoon!

1200 sqft of sod, Mexican Beach Pebble lined walkway


Planted a few trees and bushes, and lined the outside edge of the driveway with Junipers. Considering adding a couple on the opposite side to frame the driveway.


4 tons of crushed granite filling in the space between the concrete pavers, and a few trees/bushes planted in the back. Ordering some new chaise loungers for next season.
__________________
2017 RS7 Prestige
2017 440i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport
2017 Ducati Monster 821
Appreciate 18
JP101479.50
S1nner56.50
oVeRdOsE.712.50
RickFLM46791.50
King Rudi12132.00
nyalpine906707.00
hybrid_eg772.00
MPOWER52663852.00
rcaso26239.00
wrickem1651.00
FCobra942679.50
      09-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #1396
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
1480
Rep
1,022
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick303 View Post
Looks great! I especially like the wallpaper. Is that the adhesive backed stuff you can buy at Target, Home Depot, etc? Or is that the traditional stuff? I want to do a few accent walls with wallpaper, but nervous of how it'll turn out doing it myself!
Much appreciated! Yes, it is the adhesive backed wallpaper from Target. It was cake to put on. Just need to watch for bubbling and smooth it out as you go. Worked well by applying to the top, then I held tension while the wife worked the paper down the wall keeping in mind to have the edges straight. Overall it was the easiest part of the project.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #1397
hybrid_eg
Captain
hybrid_eg's Avatar
United_States
772
Rep
795
Posts

 
Drives: 90 S13, 19 XP100D, 21 F96C
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (21)

[QUOTE=Patrick303;28040663]My landscapers just finished up yesterday afternoon!

1200 sqft of sod, Mexican Beach Pebble lined walkway


Love the look!! however, i eventually hated my MX pebbles.. first they get kicked around all the time which is super annoying and they also fade over time, not to mention they collect so much debris like leaves, etc.. i put up with it for nearly 2 years then put artificial grass and never looked back.. just a heads up..
__________________
Retired: '02 E46 M3, '02 E46 M3 Vert, '11 E90 335d, '15 F10 M5, '17 F85, '18 F90, '02 E46 M3
Appreciate 3
vreihen165455.50
FCobra942679.50
      09-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #1398
dscabra
Private First Class
dscabra's Avatar
1136
Rep
153
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M550i (G30)
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I installed a temerature-controlled cooling fan in my desk to keep my computer at a good temperature.

Name:  20210917_102647.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  556.4 KB
Appreciate 2
wtwo33637.50
FCobra942679.50
      09-18-2021, 01:41 PM   #1399
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
8382
Rep
14,435
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

while i'm researching and planning on what i need to complete my kitchen cabinet lighting i started to complete my basement stairs now that the basement is complete. i'll be using the same bamboo flooring i did with the main stairs but this time it should be easier since there's no corner cuts for the bull nose.


here's the main stairs i did a couple of years ago



here's the basement stairs before i started ripping the carpet out



carpet removed!


and update progress

__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 4
Kilabyte2316.00
ramman434597.00
King Rudi12132.00
nyalpine906707.00
      09-29-2021, 07:43 AM   #1400
MPOWER5266
Major
3852
Rep
1,057
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ga

iTrader: (0)

So a couple weeks before the tornado hit I had a landscaper out to look at some stuff at my house. There were a couple trees that we wanted knocked down, I wanted a little fill dirt around the concrete pad, and I wanted some gravel poured in the area behind the house near the washbay. Well the tornado hit so all of that was rescheduled. Over the next couple months we got the house back to livable conditions, made some improvements, cleaned up the yard and had a new fence put up. On Monday my contractor came and installed our gutter guards, which essentially finished the house. My wife and I had decided that when the house was finished we could get back to the Biergarten project, so we had called the landscaper back and he showed up yesterday. He started with the fill dirt around the pad, nothing special but it will keep me from breaking my ankle if I step off it washing a car. He then filled some low spots and put down fabric.


Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr


Then he put down the edging and laid the gravel. I went ahead and moved the bench and fire pit from out of my washbay where they have been sitting for almost a year now.


Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr


After the kiddos went to bed, I assembled the chairs that we had ordered right before the tornado. They were delivered the Monday after the tornado so we had used the boxes to block off the main room of the house since it was full of glass. I was happy to finally get them together.


Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr


And since this has been months in the making, I set them all up and had a beer out there last night. It was too late to start a fire so I stuck a magnetic work light on the washbay for ambiance.


Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr


We still need to plant ferns along the edging, hang up some signs, put up the lights, build a little pallet fence around the AC unit, and set up the traditional Biergarten table. I have a feeling we are going to spend a lot of time out here.
Appreciate 7
lakefront339.00
RickFLM46791.50
King Rudi12132.00
vreihen165455.50
dtox9151.50
      09-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #1401
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
9081
Rep
3,136
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
Sorry, I got busy.

Also, excuse the mess.
OK, OK, I see what you're doing. This is super helpful. Thanks!

So whats the plan here for where you have your central support steel framed out on the left, your ducting framed out on the right, and your water, gas, and electrical conduit running up the middle between the two? Are you running sheetrock straight across that gap where the utilities run, and lowering your ceiling height? Or are you going to space the sheetrock down an inch or so below those pipes/conduit and have it follow the contour of the ceiling? This is where I keep getting stuck in my planning. How closely do i follow the contour of obstacles sticking down from the floor joists.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #1402
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
12132
Rep
1,836
Posts

 
Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
OK, OK, I see what you're doing. This is super helpful. Thanks!

So whats the plan here for where you have your central support steel framed out on the left, your ducting framed out on the right, and your water, gas, and electrical conduit running up the middle between the two? Are you running sheetrock straight across that gap where the utilities run, and lowering your ceiling height? Or are you going to space the sheetrock down an inch or so below those pipes/conduit and have it follow the contour of the ceiling? This is where I keep getting stuck in my planning. How closely do i follow the contour of obstacles sticking down from the floor joists.
Curious myself on response. In my opinion, it would depend on the height of the lowest point of the ceiling. If it were low enough to provide adequate head space across the entire room, I would lower the ceiling making it uniform. I hate dead space though. Considering it's a basement, possible to finish (drywall) the gap while getting creative to create a space for storage that isn't an eyesore? But this would depend on what his desired end result is. Regardless, I follow what you're getting at and curious to see myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2021, 08:34 AM   #1403
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
254
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I had the same issue when I was finishing out my basement. I used a 1x2 wood strips and nail gunned them in. I didnt want to lose the headroom since we have 8ft ceilings in our basement. It worked perfectly and no issues. I also had a large steel beam on one side framed out. Best of luck!
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 1
FCobra942679.50
      09-29-2021, 02:41 PM   #1404
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
9081
Rep
3,136
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
I had the same issue when I was finishing out my basement. I used a 1x2 wood strips and nail gunned them in. I didnt want to lose the headroom since we have 8ft ceilings in our basement. It worked perfectly and no issues. I also had a large steel beam on one side framed out. Best of luck!
Judging by the A frame ladder and the orange 4' level in the photo, I'd say he's got generous ceiling height! My current house only has 8.5' to the bottom of the floor joists so I have to get really snug against the HVAC ducting with my drywall. There's a couple ducts that I might just let poke through the drywall and simply paint white. The new house is getting spec'd with 10' ceilings in the shop and garage for just this reason!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 09:58 PM   #1405
wtwo3
Lieutenant Colonel
wtwo3's Avatar
3638
Rep
1,923
Posts

 
Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

We finally got a lot of decor and updates done to our house.... nearly 4 years after moving in. Got around to taking pics of some of the rooms so thought I'd share. The guest bedrooms are still pretty bare so not including those:

Entryway:

Name:  Entryway.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  179.2 KB

Dining Room:

Name:  Dining1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  332.0 KB
Name:  Dining2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  301.1 KB

Office:

Name:  Office1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  272.9 KB
Name:  Office2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  221.1 KB

Living Room:

Name:  Living1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  259.0 KB
Name:  Living2.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  281.4 KB

Kitchen Area:

Name:  kitchen1.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  246.8 KB
Name:  kitchen2.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  266.5 KB

Daughter's Room:

Name:  daughter room1.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  339.1 KB
Name:  daughter room2.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  361.4 KB

Master Bedroom:

Name:  master bed1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  325.4 KB
Name:  master bed2.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  310.7 KB

Loft:

Name:  loft1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  477.0 KB
Name:  loft2.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  360.4 KB

Basement:

Name:  basement1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  295.2 KB
Name:  basement2.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  438.4 KB
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 4
      09-30-2021, 01:57 AM   #1406
bayarea328xit
First Lieutenant
United_States
230
Rep
305
Posts

 
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick303 View Post
My landscapers just finished up yesterday afternoon!
Looks great!

Patrick303, How did you pick the size of the concrete patch vs gaps for gravel/stone?

Trying to do something similar for our front yard.

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #1407
Patrick303
Lieutenant
Patrick303's Avatar
United_States
441
Rep
462
Posts

 
Drives: F36 440i GC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
Looks great!

Patrick303, How did you pick the size of the concrete patch vs gaps for gravel/stone?

Trying to do something similar for our front yard.

Thanks!
We started by selecting spacing so that the pavers lined up with the edge of the pool and then moved outward.
__________________
2017 RS7 Prestige
2017 440i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport
2017 Ducati Monster 821
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 11:21 AM   #1408
bayarea328xit
First Lieutenant
United_States
230
Rep
305
Posts

 
Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick303 View Post
We started by selecting spacing so that the pavers lined up with the edge of the pool and then moved outward.
Thanks! I was wondering if there were any rough guidelines for the size of the concrete patch vs gap to accommodate for drainage while still ensuring that the concrete patches were stable (e.g., not tilt, crack, etc.).
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST