New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

05-18-2022, 11:02 AM   #1
Musicisfree
Registered
Rep

Drives: MINI Cooper S

PPI and dealership question

First time post, I'm a previous owner of of an E46, current owner of a MINI Cooper. There's a '97 540i that's I'm looking at that's in California, and I'm in Maryland. I called to additional information, I mentioned that I was interested, and would like to get a PPI, the person I was talking to seemed insulted and said something about "acting in good faith". That to me was a little off-putting, the dealership mostly has a lot of European luxury cars, as well as some domestic performance cars. My question is, when buying any older BMW, isn't a PPI standard procedure? I've always thought it was.

The dealership is Silicon Valley Enthusiast, does any one have any experience with them? Here is a link to the ad: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=329700448
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 03:00 AM   #2
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

It's Silicon Valley… a lot of snobby people there, so not surprising.

97 is the best year for the e39 imo, it's the last true year of the non-vanos engine, so you never have to worry about there. It's slightly less torque stock, but revs a little quicker imo.

I'm in SF, and will be near Silicon Valley in the coming weeks, I could check out the car for ya if you want.
Appreciate 0