New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-28-2023, 04:07 PM   #23
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Age gracefully ladies and gentlemen.

Those things are a gateway to other small fixes for natural things. Before you know it, you'll turn into a disgusting mutant:

WTF is that??!! Damn I guess it shows how little I follow that kind of shit. No idea Madonna looked like whatever the fuck that is these days.
Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50
      02-28-2023, 04:29 PM   #24
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
It sounds like you don't think that I am qualified to provide Botox to my patients? What is the rationale?
I am fully covered by my malpractice insurance, otherwise I would never inject even one unit.
I don't have signs in my office, and don't market Botox. I usually only offer it after providing a large reconstruction case. I also administer it for people who have a hypermobile upper lip, and for TMD facial pain.
Thanks for your concern.
Just a piece of advice. No ill-intent.

So, then more power to you, Sir. Medicus curat, natura sanat.
      02-28-2023, 04:57 PM   #25
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Do I have an opinion?

"...if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..."
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 05:42 PM   #26
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

I absolutely LOVE it.

I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years now. The only problem is once you start, it’s emotionally painful to stop. I currently cannot get Botox due to being 4.5 months pregnant, though I tried very hard to convince my doctor to inject me.

It’s addictive. You see yourself in a new, better way. You’re nearly perfect. For me, it lasts about 5 months. I haven’t had any since August so my face has been reset to its factory settings and seeing wrinkles again is hard to accept right now I have an RN on standby to inject me in the recovery room.

They do have a rewards system through Allē. You get points for every unit. They send you random $75 and $50 coupons all the time. It’s not really expensive, but over a decade it will add up.

Have her try it out. It’s not permanent and your face is completely normal when it wears off. There is no down time. It takes less than 2 minutes from start to finish. It’s not painful at all. I’ve converted three of my friends to regular Botox clients now, they love it. There is nothing to lose by trying it. If she doesn’t like it, don’t get it again. It’s pretty simple.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00
      02-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #27
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Best way to look better is to exercise, it tones the face. No free lunches in life
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2023, 10:17 PM   #28
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I absolutely LOVE it.

I’ve been doing it for almost 3 years now. The only problem is once you start, it’s emotionally painful to stop. I currently cannot get Botox due to being 4.5 months pregnant, though I tried very hard to convince my doctor to inject me.

It’s addictive. You see yourself in a new, better way. You’re nearly perfect. For me, it lasts about 5 months. I haven’t had any since August so my face has been reset to its factory settings and seeing wrinkles again is hard to accept right now I have an RN on standby to inject me in the recovery room.
If you read that and STILL want a little crack then....
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2023, 10:55 PM   #29
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
outta pocket

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 10:59 PM   #30
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
My wife's friend has her own dental practice and has offered to give my wife botox for free. I have zero experience in this dept but I reckon some of you have wives who do. Is there anything to be concerned about, besides of course doing a terrible job? Does it just wear off after 3 months, no harm no foul?

And I need to add to the "how do you know your getting older thread:" "when the women your age are all getting botox.
No, there's nothing to be concerned about. The responses in this thread are very judgmental for some reason.

My wife is 31 and gets botox. She has wrinkles in her forehead she wants to hide. It's really not a big deal and the normal cost is like $600 so if your wife can get it for free, totally do it if she wants it.

My late Grandmother had a facelift when she was like 75. If she has more self confidence and you like it, totally take that offer.
Appreciate 2
DocL1930.00
      03-02-2023, 11:04 AM   #31
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

^^thats the assumption I was under too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113233.50
      03-02-2023, 11:28 AM   #32
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You can age like milk or like wine. I choose wine.

Same could be said for guys who mod their cars for years and it never ends. We all have what we like. If you don't like it, don't get it. It's that simple

Last edited by Sara; 03-02-2023 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 2
Tyga113233.50
antgenn319.00
      03-02-2023, 11:33 AM   #33
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
No, there's nothing to be concerned about. The responses in this thread are very judgmental for some reason.

My wife is 31 and gets botox. She has wrinkles in her forehead she wants to hide. It's really not a big deal and the normal cost is like $600 so if your wife can get it for free, totally do it if she wants it.

My late Grandmother had a facelift when she was like 75. If she has more self confidence and you like it, totally take that offer.
Make sure she knows about the Alle rewards program. I have large wrinkles across my forehead and my entire forehead is only 20 units. If I opt to do my crows feet then that's another 20 units (which I usually do every other Botox appointment). The most I've ever had was 40 units at once, factor in the semi-annual coupons they automatically send to your email and your account, I'm at $350 for my entire face. $600 seems like an awful lot, but I suppose it depends on how much the provider is charging her per unit and the area you live in. Still pretty steep. You receive points for every session, rewards, we miss you coupons, and access to Botox Day which is in November with buy one get one botox gift cards.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113233.50
      03-02-2023, 11:57 AM   #34
ZL9M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '17 M2 ZL9-'20 M2CS-'68 1600

If you need to inject poison into your face to cure your insecurity you have more issues than injecting poison into your face.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 12:28 PM   #35
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Same could be said for guys who mod their cars for years and it never ends. We all have what we like. If you don't like it, don't get it. It's that simple
I'm not sure a hobby is the same as injecting botulism in your face to remove wrinkles. As for wine... I don't drink much wine, but I'm pretty sure they age wine by putting it in the most favorable conditions and leaving it alone. Not sure injecting preservatives into the wine makes for great aging.

But yes you can certainly do whatever you like. It's not illegal or anything. However the subject of the OP is "do you have an OPINION on botox?" We obviously have differing opinions on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 08:00 PM   #36
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I'm not sure a hobby is the same as injecting botulism in your face to remove wrinkles.
Its origins: clinical use as a therapeutic agent to treat neurological disorders.

"Botulinum toxins, exotoxins of Clostridium botulinum, are the most toxic naturally occurring substances known to man. For more than a century they are known to be the cause of botulism, a nowadays rare intoxication with spoiled food that leads to generalized flaccid weakness of striated muscle including pharyngeal and respiratory musculature. The toxins act primarily at peripheral cholinergic motor nerve endings by blocking the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. As a consequence, action potentials in the motor nerve can no longer be transmitted to the muscle. This lack in transmission, clinically appearing as weakness, may disable or actually critically endanger affected patients. However, in certain neurological diseases characterized by an abnormal increase in muscle tone or activity, for example dystonia or spasticity, a reduction in signal transmission may actually be beneficial. Around 1980 local injections of minute amounts (in the order of 0.5 ng) of Botulinum toxin type A were first successfully used in a neurological disorder named blepharospasm which is characterized by an involuntary squinting of the eyes. Since then Botulinum toxin has developed rapidly from a frightful poison to a safe therapeutic agent with a remarkable beneficial impact on the quality of life of many thousands of patients worldwide."
(source: "Botulinum toxin: from poison to remedy" - here)
Appreciate 1
ASAP10159.00
      03-03-2023, 01:26 AM   #37
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Drives: i8

Quote:

True. Thats why I got Hair Transplant Surgery, two weeks ago.
Maybe I should start a thread about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 01:49 AM   #38
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

People have to make their own choices. I'm not a judgemental person, but when people get "work done" and they end up looking like an alien, it's hard to ignore. To me, altering appearance if there are real issues would be okay. But, to make alteration just to look updated and fashionable can lead to a bad outcome. Each step a person takes to look more perfect never ends. The steps keep coming until the person looks like an alien. Those providing these services have no interest in saying enough is enough. The pouty lips, the obviously fake boobs, the loss of a natural neck, the stretched faces, the eyebrows that are no longer on the correct part of the face, the perfectly smooth skin; combined these procedures result in a new definition of normal that is simply unachievable. This is sad. To me, women (and men) are fine as they are. Thankfully, my wife agrees. If she wanted to do something, I would probably support her decision, but I wouldn't like it. I think she looks perfect just the way she is.

Last edited by sygazelle; 03-03-2023 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 3
Artemis29374.50
      03-03-2023, 02:03 AM   #39
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
…To me, women (and men) are fine as they are…
^^ This works for me. ^^
      05-19-2023, 06:31 AM   #40
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Everyone knows that Botox is a bacteria that you inject under your skin that just so happens to expand lmao?

no one old with botox actually looks good... because EVERYONE over does it... one injection is never enough... touching lips is the first way to easy tell
      05-19-2023, 09:34 AM   #41
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Everyone knows that Botox is a bacteria that you inject under your skin that just so happens to expand lmao?

no one old with botox actually looks good... because EVERYONE over does it... one injection is never enough... touching lips is the first way to easy tell
My mind is being blown as I come into my 40s and women are telling me about getting it and whatnot and they already look great. And my ex, girl Im dating, whatever just got lip fillers for the first time too.

And just last week a buddies wife (who has NO wrinkles, asian woman in her 30s) is talking about it and I just had to look at her like a dog hearing its owner on an answering machine.

This shit is getting nuts.
Appreciate 2
ASAP10159.00
vreihen1615254.50
      05-19-2023, 12:32 PM   #42
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Instagram pressure and low self esteem.....
      05-19-2023, 12:40 PM   #43
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: bmw

face lift. go big or go home.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y23Virbw4Pw
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 12:45 PM   #44
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

I do it myself but use Innotox. Botox is overpriced. Just forehead, though... completely smoothes out that deep groove I've developed. I don't have an "angry 11," and wrinkles are minimal around eyes. Trial and error first few times. $720 ($12/unit) versus <$100 was easy motivation to learn it myself.
Appreciate 1