New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-19-2023, 12:49 PM   #45
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

To each their own, but I say just grow old gracefully.

Don't worry, be happy.
noemon44.50
      05-19-2023, 01:01 PM   #46
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Gotta take things w a grain of salt...ofc providers are gonna say it's great, cmon. We need opinions from ppl w no conflict of interest.

It's a hard NO and if my wife gets it, I'd consider leaving haha. I'm kidding ofc but it's something I don't support, why be 'fake' esp when there are crazy side effects and screwed-up jobs are quite common? Maybe many will think I'm extreme, but I don't even like seeing women w dyed hair, extensions, fake eyelashes, nails, etc, it's all unnatural to me and even those relatively-minor things have side effects as well. Just be yourself. I see this on social media all too often, instead of a real pic, ppl put one w crazy filters or some cartoon version, rendering themselves totally unrecognizable...like ppl are gonna see that if they meet you irl? Ugh. Anyway, I digress.

Just look at Hollywood, if anyone's at the cutting edge of seeking the best and getting the best results, it would be that group, right? One of my fave actresses, Dana Delany, fell victim and she now looks all weird and puffy ("like an alien" as sygazelle said). Kinda sad and ironic because many years ago she got a botox for her eye area and the dr screwed up, causing 1 eye to be a bit droopy than the other and she vowed never to touch that stuff again, but alas. Same goes for other former beauties like Famke Janssen, Courtney Cox...the list of victims is endless.

The thing is, *even if* they do an amazing job, there are zero side effects and their faces turn back to their 20s, the rest of the body will still be 50 or whatever, so what's the pt? They would look like someone who got a head transplant, just weird no matter how you slice it.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11348.50
      11-15-2023, 06:15 PM   #47
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylinDecker View Post
Absolutely, embracing aging gracefully is a beautiful approach! Though, there's also something empowering about feeling confident in our skin.
Oh I know this type of reply. I see them on another board. It's *always* a new user with a "firstnamelastname" username. They'll post super-generic, overly enthusiastic stuff until they reach the threshold of being able to start posting links. Stay tuned. At this point, I think some automation has been implemented with ChatGPT or something.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615242.50
      11-16-2023, 11:23 PM   #48
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

In many cases I've noticed, botox has made people look way worse than just getting old and having wrinkles. Examples: Courtney Cox, Mickey Rourke, and even Jennifer Aniston to some extent. If celebrities can't even get it to look good when money is no object, no way is it going to look better when the common folk try it out.
Appreciate 5
Esteban43598.00
noemon44.50
      11-17-2023, 07:39 AM   #49
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
In many cases I've noticed, botox has made people look way worse than just getting old and having wrinkles. Examples: Courtney Cox, Mickey Rourke, and even Jennifer Aniston to some extent. If celebrities can't even get it to look good when money is no object, no way is it going to look better when the common folk try it out.
Yeah I would avoid it.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 08:09 AM   #50
unluky
Major
Rep

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
The first appointment is where it starts - I suggest just aging as gracefully as you can.........naturally.
      11-17-2023, 09:09 AM   #51
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

It’s funny - we men always prefer the more “natural” look - even though most of the “natural” faces advertisers target us with are never actually “natural.” Some women do look awesome without subtle help by enhancements. Anyway, my wife has a friend who is good at administering botox, and has her own dental practice specifically for dental aesthetics - and so at least she has the eye and hand, one would assume anyway. The before and after is certainly interesting initially because the injections have sort of settle in over the course of a few days. Her facial expressions are not the same, but her resting face does look younger. And as with most women, they usually aren’t doing these kinds of things because they want men to appreciate it. Rather it’s for women to wonder how they look so rested and youthful. And so when they look in the mirror they don’t see so much aging. It’s interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 11-17-2023 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 09:13 AM   #52
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Sorry, no one is sticking needles in my face.
Esteban43598.00
vreihen1615242.50
      11-17-2023, 09:32 AM   #53
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

I actually just did a refresh of Innotox on my forehead about a week ago. Crazy how much money I save. I calculated wrong the first time, but it costs me about $25 per round. Had to add in the "angry 11" this time. That area must have popped up in the past year. Wonderful... Forehead is smooth now. No drooping eyelids or any ill side effects. Clinics use too much, because they charge so much per unit. I would have probably been charged around $500-$600 for this round by a clinic.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2024, 09:18 AM   #54
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Yeah it's a great thing in terms of human advancement IMO. It's amazing what the technology humanity has achieved and what we can do.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 09:42 AM   #55
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
I have an RN on standby to inject me in the recovery room.
No disrespect intended, but I won't participate in anything that would make me say or do something this desperate. Absolutely to each their own though, and if it's not causing you any harm, just making you feel better about yourself, then you go girl!
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615242.50
Sara5791.00
      02-29-2024, 02:46 PM   #56
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 Defender X

I think it is impossible for a guy to relate to decisions females will make in the area of beauty.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 02:52 PM   #57
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Update - it took a little getting used to at first but ultimately has been a success, to the extent that she looks great and feels great about how she looks. We live in an area where it’s very common and she works on zoom every day for her work. So far so good. Personally I don’t mind either way, so long as it isn’t a gateway for lip injections etc. My Mom recently had a face lift - that’s a whole other can of worms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
Nuckle2209.00
Sara5791.00
      02-29-2024, 03:26 PM   #58
noemon
Private
Rep

Drives: BMW M5

Our best friends are 3 dentists, 1 plastic surgeon and 1 anaesthesiologist. They all participate in the facial aesthetic industry party pro-actively. Last night actually I spent with 2 dentists talking over their cases of botox and dental implants.

The plastic surgeon mate is a celebrity surgeon that goes on telly once a week and such, when my wife wanted to get new boobs he refused to do them himself and sent us to one of the best boob surgeons in the world. We 've both been very happy with natural looking and feeling boobs.

My wife has yet to have lips and botox and we both prefer the natural look. All our friends have offered it to us for free as well.

We agree on 1 thing with all of them:

Facial aesthetics need to be done by plastic surgeons alone, not dentists and by the best in the country at the very least otherwise no point as the risk of degradation is extremely high. Because once you start altering the facial structure, eventually you will need the surgeon with 100% mathematical certainty. So better to start with the long-term considerations and an established doctor that will treat you with utmost respect right from the get go.

Dentist friend also respect their friends as ours respect us but fundamentally they simply do not have the knowledge to know what it is they are doing or how to repair it with a knife when it goes wrong.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2024, 07:10 AM   #59
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
No disrespect intended, but I won't participate in anything that would make me say or do something this desperate. Absolutely to each their own though, and if it's not causing you any harm, just making you feel better about yourself, then you go girl!
It’s been 8 months, I have movement and wrinkles, I don’t have a follow up booked. Priorities shifted
Appreciate 2
Lady Jane70785.00
///MPhatic13855.50
      04-06-2024, 08:12 AM   #60
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
It’s been 8 months, I have movement and wrinkles, I don’t have a follow up booked. Priorities shifted
I'm certain you're beautiful as you are.
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      04-06-2024, 08:50 AM   #61
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I'm certain you're beautiful as you are.
Thank you. That was very kind
Appreciate 0