New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

04-04-2023, 06:41 AM   #1
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Want to go to an F1 race or any other?

Then it's worth considering taking your own grub and drink to save a pile of cash also avoiding the queues to the 'greasy spoon food'. Having plenty of your favourite sarnies and drink in cool bags with light fold away seats in a nice spot is always a good idea.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Melbourne.html
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      04-05-2023, 04:32 AM   #2
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

I went to the F1 in Monaco several years ago. I was so excited. The city is incredible but watching the F1 live stinks. You see them for a split second blip. I much prefer watching it on TV. The sounds are amazing and it was kool to be there but not great for watching.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58881.00
F32Fleet3539.50
      04-05-2023, 08:42 AM   #3
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep

Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
I went to the F1 in Monaco several years ago. I was so excited. The city is incredible but watching the F1 live stinks. You see them for a split second blip. I much prefer watching it on TV. The sounds are amazing and it was kool to be there but not great for watching.
This year, we have a spot in Le Rascasse lounge for the day of qualifying. The cars will be driving around us, plus, they'll have TVs (and food and drinks). Also, we should be able to see the pit activity.

But I've never been to Monaco before; we'll be coming in from Nice, and I have a few questions for those who are in the know:
- According to the F1 schedule, FP3 will be at 12:30 pm, and qualifying will be at 4:00 pm. At what time do they close off access to the track from outside? When do I need to be there?
- Are there usually other events going on during qualifying day, such as other classes of races or vintage cars?

Any info would be helpful.
Appreciate 0