New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-16-2021, 05:11 PM   #7283
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
You know what really fucks me up? When I go in for service and get a loaner. The shifter on my car is like a manual. Reverse is to the left and up, neutral in the middle and drive to the right. So of course, I throw the shifter in the loaner to the left and up to try to back out of the spot on dealers lot. Always comical.

That is messed up. I don't like the notion of how your shifter is like a manual. Either be an actual manual tranny or automatic. Not both!
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15761.00
      12-16-2021, 05:21 PM   #7284
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post

That is messed up. I don't like the notion of how your shifter is like a manual. Either be an actual manual tranny or automatic. Not both!
At least the current generation has park on the shifter. My ‘16 and ‘19 you had to put it in neutral and engage the parking brake. The very rare times I had to valet or go to a parking garage I needed to draw fucking diagrams. I was at the hand car wash with a Bentley in front of me. The kid didn’t engage the parking brake and I went running to stop my ride from rolling into it. Would have been an expensive day for the carwash.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 05:49 PM   #7285
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
At least the current generation has park on the shifter. My ‘16 and ‘19 you had to put it in neutral and engage the parking brake. The very rare times I had to valet or go to a parking garage I needed to draw fucking diagrams. I was at the hand car wash with a Bentley in front of me. The kid didn’t engage the parking brake and I went running to stop my ride from rolling into it. Would have been an expensive day for the carwash.
Yeah, true. I remember the first time I drove an Audi loaner that also integrated the Park function as a button in the gear shifter. It threw me off big time and I was embarrassed because for a brief moment I didn't know how to park the fucking car.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15761.00
      12-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #7286
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

I confess.....
what the fuck is this? Is looking like you got a wedgy a thing now?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 06:01 PM   #7287
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Hmm the pucker is in the correct place, but there’s just too much of it….
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 06:14 PM   #7288
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Hmm the pucker is in the correct place, but there's just too much of it….
Pucker pants? lol
      12-17-2021, 09:35 AM   #7289
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
We have a family of squirrels that live in our neighborhood. They've been here for years. I watch them out the window in the morning when I have coffee. Have not done any damage… yet.
those critters dig and dig looking for nuts..pick up ur nuts and take them back to your tree..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #7290
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
I confess.....
Down here they have shorts version. I was in Macys with my wife last weekend and pointed to a chick wearing them like WTF?????
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00
      12-17-2021, 10:04 AM   #7291
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Down here they have shorts version. I was in Macys with my wife last weekend and pointed to a chick wearing them like WTF?????
Wedgy shorts. Brilliant.
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4490.50
      12-17-2021, 12:19 PM   #7292
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I confess I'm pretty much at my end limit with the government interference in my life over COVID. Bunch of useless twats that talk out of both sides of their mouth and then institute requirements that are illogical. The very latest I found out...did you know, that if you are a close contact of a confirmed case and any members of your house who are 17 or younger are not vaccinated, that those members have to isolate for the 10 days regardless of symptoms? BUT...and here's the interesting part...this fricking clever virus KNOWS your age, because if you are 18 or older and unvaccinated in the same house, you can just go about your merry way and no need to isolate. Because you are 18, and not 17, so the virus definitely won't get you.

But the last straw for me is going to be more lockdowns / school closures / or them requiring a vaccine passport to attend church.

Did you know Quebec is now mandating a vaccine passport to attend church? If that comes to Ontario I hope every single church here stands up and collectively says "NO". That's a pipe dream and won't happen, but I think a large number will stand up to this overly authoritarian government. They need to be put in their place.
Appreciate 7
cmyx6go15761.00
King Rudi13154.00
________4158.50
rebekahb3132.50
      12-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #7293
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
I confess.....
I've been seeing these in the gym for a while now. Not so bad (in the yoga pant variation) on the right person. These, however; just make that thing look like it's hungry. Keep your hands in your pockets boys! No one need to lose a finger here. Not you No one
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00
      12-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #7294
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I've been seeing these in the gym for a while now. Not so bad (in the yoga pant variation) on the right person. These, however; just make that thing look like it's hungry. Keep your hands in your pockets boys! No one need to lose a finger here. Not you No one
Well I'm still not sure, but it might work on the RIGHT PERSON as you stated. We all know that there are many people that do not fall into the "right person" category yet they flaunt their shit anyway which can make one lose an appetite. Typical shoppers at a local Walmart comes to mind.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      12-17-2021, 01:07 PM   #7295
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Well I'm still not sure, but it might work on the RIGHT PERSON as you stated. We all know that there are many people that do not fall into the "right person" category yet they flaunt their shit anyway which can make one lose an appetite. Typical shoppers at a local Walmart comes to mind.
Agree 100%
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #7296
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I confess I'm pretty much at my end limit with the government interference in my life over COVID. Bunch of useless twats that talk out of both sides of their mouth and then institute requirements that are illogical. The very latest I found out...did you know, that if you are a close contact of a confirmed case and any members of your house who are 17 or younger are not vaccinated, that those members have to isolate for the 10 days regardless of symptoms? BUT...and here's the interesting part...this fricking clever virus KNOWS your age, because if you are 18 or older and unvaccinated in the same house, you can just go about your merry way and no need to isolate. Because you are 18, and not 17, so the virus definitely won't get you.

But the last straw for me is going to be more lockdowns / school closures / or them requiring a vaccine passport to attend church.

Did you know Quebec is now mandating a vaccine passport to attend church? If that comes to Ontario I hope every single church here stands up and collectively says "NO". That's a pipe dream and won't happen, but I think a large number will stand up to this overly authoritarian government. They need to be put in their place.
You need to move to Florida
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
________4158.50
      12-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #7297
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:

Our country is so very stupid at times. So frustrating.
It really seems like the majority will just take it and do nothing.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      12-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #7298
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:

If you don't secede the first time, you can always try again. Another "see what I did there?" moment.
Appreciate 4
      12-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #7299
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
You need to move to Florida
I confess I'm a little afraid of the Florida Man and being collateral damage to his antics. And the geriatrics who would probably run me off the road and be oblivious to that fact.

But otherwise, yeah, Florida is pretty good. Actually, minus alligators / crocodiles. I've developed a fear of them over the past few months from watching YouTube videos on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 01:22 PM   #7300
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I confess I'm a little afraid of the Florida Man and being collateral damage to his antics. And the geriatrics who would probably run me off the road and be oblivious to that fact.

But otherwise, yeah, Florida is pretty good. Actually, minus alligators / crocodiles. I've developed a fear of them over the past few months from watching YouTube videos on them.
You forgot the crazy ass stupid fvcking drivers.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 01:23 PM   #7301
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
If you don't secede the first time, you can always try again. Another "see what I did there?" moment.
I wish they would. But only if that means they are completely cut off. Cold turkey. Find your own currency, form your own government, fund everything without relying on payments from other provinces and the Feds CONTINUALLY awarding contracts to Quebec...yeah, I'd be ok with that.

But A+ on the response!
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12803.00
      12-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #7302
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You forgot the crazy ass stupid fvcking drivers.
True, I was so focused on the geriatric drivers that I probably hadn't properly considered the larger picture.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #7303
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
True, I was so focused on the geriatric drivers that I probably hadn't properly considered the larger picture.
I mean there are certainly crazy drivers anywhere, but Florida takes the cake by far.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #7304
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I wish they would. But only if that means they are completely cut off. Cold turkey. Find your own currency, form your own government, fund everything without relying on payments from other provinces and the Feds CONTINUALLY awarding contracts to Quebec...yeah, I'd be ok with that.

But A+ on the response!
Ah yes, and there lies the rub, right? Lol. Give those arrogant bastards 30 days and they'll be crying for mommy aka Canada.
Appreciate 1