Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #45
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
311
Rep
869
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

91....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender150 View Post
LH lays down the marker, great strategy and pumping in crazy laps, he would have had him on the track if not for that mistake. Good drive by max, bring on the schumi 91 wins
Well said - MB's strategy to covertly pit HAM caught RB out....big time....looking back, if RB would have pitted VER immediately, perhaps VER could have caught HAM at mid-race distance and the two would have settled it themselves....as it turned out, the P1 car ran out of the consumable (tires) and the P2 car had slightly fresher consumables....and massive kudos to HAM for performing consecutive fast-laps to catch and pass P1....agreed - 91 wins is imminent.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #46
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
M Power Belgium, you done saying Max will beat Lewis in the same car?
Well...From what I saw was that MAX and Lewis were driving equal in the beginning of the race . But after +/- 30 laps Lewis was running non-stop the fastest laps and Lewis was the fastest driver of the race . MAX could stand the stress coming from behind very well .But man ! The second time and the way how Lewis overtook on MAX . Well to me it looked like MAX was running in slow-motion. It was like the RB Honda was losing power during the race . While the Merc was approaching like a bullet ! While MAX said he pushed it to the limit ....
OFC the tire strategy was always present during the race...Lewis lost also 1.7 sec.in the first pitstop relative to MAX (MAX in 2.3 sec. / Lewis in 4 sec.)
Second pitstop ...+/- 22 sec. At that moment I thought the race was for MAX . But no...The Merc was approaching like a missile again ! And I knew what and who was coming from behind !

Seems like RB Honda has still some work to do concerning the power of the motor , because the Merc looked bullet fast . But from what I heard the Honda-spec4 motor is ready for Monza , with a grid start penalty included for MAX and Gasly !

OFC here.. we/I'm very disappointed because the whole weekend looked really promising for MAX .
The thrill was on ! Today we saw a great race and clean driver actions during this race .

Many congratulations for Lewis . Great driver , he's bullet fast with the Merc ! LEWIS really deserved the victory from today ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer13854.00
yco577.50
mk1-fan388.00

      08-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #47
CooLeh7
Private First Class
34
Rep
125
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Perth Australia

iTrader: (0)



LEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWISLEWIS LEWISLEWIS

Masterclass. Gave the young pretenders a lesson.
Appreciate 3
      08-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #48
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
what a race.. for a while i doubt James' decision pretty much also.. its nice to see HAM winning again.. and Vettel.. no hugs for team members.. looking pretty disconnected wondering what kinda mood he is in really..
About Ferrari . Ferrari had some work to do ! Both Ferraris had issues in Hockenheim with the oilpump pressure of the motor.
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13854.00

      08-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #49
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13854
Rep
7,014
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well...From what I saw was that MAX and Lewis were driving equal in the beginning of the race . But after +/- 30 laps Lewis was running non-stop the fastest laps and Lewis was the fastest driver of the race . MAX could stand the stress coming from behind very well .But man ! The second time and the way how Lewis overtook on MAX . Well to me it looked like MAX was running in slow-motion. It was like the RB Honda was losing power during the race . While the Merc was approaching like a bullet ! While MAX said he pushed it to the limit ....
OFC the tire strategy was always present during the race...Lewis lost also 1.7 sec.in the first pitstop relative to MAX (MAX in 2.3 sec. / Lewis in 4 sec.)
Second pitstop ...+/- 22 sec. At that moment I thought the race was for MAX . But no...The Merc was approaching like a missile again ! And I knew what and who was coming from behind !

Seems like RB Honda has still some work to do concerning the power of the motor , because the Merc looked bullet fast . But from what I heard the Honda-spec4 motor is ready for Monza , with a grid start penalty included for MAX and Gasly !

OFC here.. we/I'm very disappointed because the whole weekend looked really promising for MAX .
The thrill was on ! Today we saw a great race and clean driver actions during this race .

Many congratulations for Lewis . Great driver , he's bullet fast with the Merc ! LEWIS really deserved the victory from today ...
Well stated, my friend.
But it's not that just Lewis is bullet fast with the Merc...He's bullet fast in anything. He is the GOAT. When he closed the gap from 6+ seconds to being on the gearbox of VER in less than 5 or 6 laps, I knew it was over.

Max did all he could and he is the 2nd best on the grid, no doubt. He and Lewis RAN from the field in a manner that was just disturbing for the rest of the paddock. The 2 best drivers getting the best out of their cars.

This is the Formula One I fell in love with as a 10 year old kid!

Cheers, my dear friend!!
MK
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #50
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
M Power Belgium, you done saying Max will beat Lewis in the same car?
Negative . I never said that . Lewis said in his latest interview , he would like to have MAX as teammate with Mercedes . Lewis said , by this.. I could show I'm the better driver in the same car .
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille2708.50

      08-04-2019, 12:08 PM   #51
rcracin
Captain
258
Rep
732
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

Ahh, thought it was you who said Max would beat Lewis in the Merc.

The times the Merc looked faster than the Redbull was just when the Merc was on fresher tires. Otherwise, the cars seemed pretty even as evidenced in qualifying.

Though the pit stop strategy was thrilling, I think the most thrilling part of the race was how ridiculously fast Lewis caught Max after his first pit stop. It caught everyone off guard. The commentators were like holy shit once the camera changed. Lewis went from 6 seconds behind to .6 seconds. Not sure if that was Max caught napping or Lewis being Lewis.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 12:40 PM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Ahh, thought it was you who said Max would beat Lewis in the Merc.

The times the Merc looked faster than the Redbull was just when the Merc was on fresher tires. Otherwise, the cars seemed pretty even as evidenced in qualifying.

Though the pit stop strategy was thrilling, I think the most thrilling part of the race was how ridiculously fast Lewis caught Max after his first pit stop. It caught everyone off guard. The commentators were like holy shit once the camera changed. Lewis went from 6 seconds behind to .6 seconds. Not sure if that was Max caught napping or Lewis being Lewis.
What I said about LEWIS you can read in #22 on this page => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638448
The interview with LEWIS was translated in Dutch ...

Again... LEWIS was the fastest driver (bullet fast) in this race . Great driver in a great car .
Congrats for LEWIS !

Can't wait for the next battle in *Spa-Francorchamps* (september 1)
Welcome to Belgium...
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
EdM5528.00
MKSixer13854.00

      08-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #53
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
578
Rep
841
Posts

 
Drives: E71 X6M '10
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
What I said about LEWIS you can read in #22 on this page => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638448
The interview with LEWIS was translated in Dutch ...

Again... LEWIS was the fastest driver (bullet fast) in this race . Great driver in a great car .
Congrats for LEWIS !

Can't wait for the next battle in *Spa-Francorchamps* (september 1)
Welcome to Belgium...
next F1 race topic is yours then mate..
you ll be on the track i guess?
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #54
Poiseuille
Colonel
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
2709
Rep
2,357
Posts

 
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
M Power Belgium, you done saying Max will beat Lewis in the same car?
Well...From what I saw was that MAX and Lewis were driving equal in the beginning of the race . But after +/- 30 laps Lewis was running non-stop the fastest laps and Lewis was the fastest driver of the race . MAX could stand the stress coming from behind very well .But man ! The second time and the way how Lewis overtook on MAX . Well to me it looked like MAX was running in slow-motion. It was like the RB Honda was losing power during the race . While the Merc was approaching like a bullet ! While MAX said he pushed it to the limit ....
OFC the tire strategy was always present during the race...Lewis lost also 1.7 sec.in the first pitstop relative to MAX (MAX in 2.3 sec. / Lewis in 4 sec.)
Second pitstop ...+/- 22 sec. At that moment I thought the race was for MAX . But no...The Merc was approaching like a missile again ! And I knew what and who was coming from behind !

Seems like RB Honda has still some work to do concerning the power of the motor , because the Merc looked bullet fast . But from what I heard the Honda-spec4 motor is ready for Monza , with a grid start penalty included for MAX and Gasly !

OFC here.. we/I'm very disappointed because the whole weekend looked really promising for MAX .
The thrill was on ! Today we saw a great race and clean driver actions during this race .

Many congratulations for Lewis . Great driver , he's bullet fast with the Merc ! LEWIS really deserved the victory from today ...
well Philippe, in my view Max took an unequal car and made it equal....he would have to have been Superman to keep it up for 70 laps. Max was up to the task but his tires were not.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #55
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
388
Rep
436
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well...From what I saw was that MAX and Lewis were driving equal in the beginning of the race . But after +/- 30 laps Lewis was running non-stop the fastest laps and Lewis was the fastest driver of the race . MAX could stand the stress coming from behind very well .But man ! The second time and the way how Lewis overtook on MAX . Well to me it looked like MAX was running in slow-motion. It was like the RB Honda was losing power during the race . While the Merc was approaching like a bullet ! While MAX said he pushed it to the limit ....
OFC the tire strategy was always present during the race...Lewis lost also 1.7 sec.in the first pitstop relative to MAX (MAX in 2.3 sec. / Lewis in 4 sec.)
Second pitstop ...+/- 22 sec. At that moment I thought the race was for MAX . But no...The Merc was approaching like a missile again ! And I knew what and who was coming from behind !

Seems like RB Honda has still some work to do concerning the power of the motor , because the Merc looked bullet fast . But from what I heard the Honda-spec4 motor is ready for Monza , with a grid start penalty included for MAX and Gasly !

OFC here.. we/I'm very disappointed because the whole weekend looked really promising for MAX .
The thrill was on ! Today we saw a great race and clean driver actions during this race .

Many congratulations for Lewis . Great driver , he's bullet fast with the Merc ! LEWIS really deserved the victory from today ...
I would say Max and Lewis drove equally well today. Neither made any mistakes, and both pushed to the limit of the cars.

Merc still has the upper hand, and I think will remain the favourite this year. Next year though, is going to be very interesting, as I think it will a year long fight between Max and Lewis for the title. I suspect Ferrari is not going to be in contention this year or next. They seem to go from bad to worse every race.

As for what will happen in 2021, is anyone's guess, as the rules will change massively.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #56
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
next F1 race topic is yours then mate..
you ll be on the track i guess?
My friend ,I'll let the *Spa-Francorchamps* topic/thread also in your hands . I can see you're doing it very well

Ohhhh...I would love to go @Spa (80 min. from my home) but with my 24/7 big responsibility at the company it's impossible for me .
Over there (Spa) and the Belgian Ardennes , the nature ,little rivers ,and the countless twisty roads through the forests are just fantastic to drive .My ///M3 @8200 rpm's loves it over there and on the track as well

As you guys clearly can see why I'm a die-hard fan from MAX is because I'm following MAX already when he was only 4 at the kart track from Genk , where he showed us his unbelievable driver skills . MAX won everything !
Max is born in Hasselt (Belgium) 15 min. from my home.He always said ..I'm born to race !
And what MAX showed us in the last 2 years is only the beginning , the Honda-spec4 motor test results are really promising regarding power (HP) output !
I believe in him...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
yco577.50
MKSixer13854.00
Poiseuille2708.50

      08-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #57
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
well Philippe, in my view Max took an unequal car and made it equal....he would have to have been Superman to keep it up for 70 laps. Max was up to the task but his tires were not.
Yeah I know my friend . Today LEWIS was Superman in Superman's car ...
Normally MAX will get a new Superboost in Monza from the new Honda spec4 motor .
At least....Let us hope . Think it's really required from what LEWIS showed us today....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13854.00
Poiseuille2708.50

      08-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #58
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
I would say Max and Lewis drove equally well today. Neither made any mistakes, and both pushed to the limit of the cars.

Merc still has the upper hand, and I think will remain the favourite this year. Next year though, is going to be very interesting, as I think it will a year long fight between Max and Lewis for the title. I suspect Ferrari is not going to be in contention this year or next. They seem to go from bad to worse every race.

As for what will happen in 2021, is anyone's guess, as the rules will change massively.
I agree . But LEWIS his first attempt to overtake was ......
OFC Merc's power and LEWIS was like an upperclass !
I think it's for next year or with the Honda spec4 motor in Monza but actually it's not possible in Monza by the grid penalty . So , probably in Singapore .

On the other hand ...I heard rumors (inside information) about Exxon-Mobile (MAX was there) They will come with a new fuel blend to feed the new Honda spec4 motor . Exxon-Mobile said from the tests ..Each lap at least - 0.5 sec. !
Let us hope ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #59
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
528
Rep
1,719
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Can't wait for the next battle in *Spa-Francorchamps* (september 1)
Welcome to Belgium...
Greatest race track in the world.
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 3
      08-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #60
thebishman
Captain
United_States
119
Rep
850
Posts

 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
well Philippe, in my view Max took an unequal car and made it equal....he would have to have been Superman to keep it up for 70 laps. Max was up to the task but his tires were not.
This is abject nonsense. The RB is, and has always been, a brilliant handling car; it is after all a ‘child’ of Newey’s.

The issue has been until the last month or so a lack of hp, which has now been rectified by Honda. At this point in time, and certainly at the H’ring, the RB was equal to, and probably faster than the MB. Look at the lap times for qualifying and when both cars were on equal tyres of approximately the same age.

What we saw today was a brilliant strategy by MB that RB failed to match quickly, and a drive by Hamilton who is without a doubt the F1 GOAT. To deny that beggars belief.

However, Max drove a great race and he is maturing quickly. He, along with LeClerc; Norris; Russel, etc are the future of F1 for sure, and Max will be a future many time WDC for sure, unless he makes career choices like Alonso.

A great race!
Appreciate 1
EdM5528.00

      08-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #61
Poiseuille
Colonel
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
2709
Rep
2,357
Posts

 
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
well Philippe, in my view Max took an unequal car and made it equal....he would have to have been Superman to keep it up for 70 laps. Max was up to the task but his tires were not.
This is abject nonsense. The RB is, and has always been, a brilliant handling car; it is after all a ‘child’ of Newey’s.

The issue has been until the last month or so a lack of hp, which has now been rectified by Honda. At this point in time, and certainly at the H’ring, the RB was equal to, and probably faster than the MB. Look at the lap times for qualifying and when both cars were on equal tyres of approximately the same age.

What we saw today was a brilliant strategy by MB that RB failed to match quickly, and a drive by Hamilton who is without a doubt the F1 GOAT. To deny that beggars belief.

However, Max drove a great race and he is maturing quickly. He, along with LeClerc; Norris; Russel, etc are the future of F1 for sure, and Max will be a future many time WDC for sure, unless he makes career choices like Alonso.

A great race!
so Bish, have you considered decaf?
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2019, 03:44 PM   #62
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Greatest race track in the world.
Attached Images
       
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13854.00
Poiseuille2708.50

      08-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #63
OG Shark
Captain
459
Rep
643
Posts

 
Drives: Sideways ~~~
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (4)

Another awesome race, 4 in a row. Brilliant strategy by Mercedes. Good clean driving (little cheeky by Leclerc but eh, Bottas had already messed himself up). No matter who you are a fan of you couldn't ask for much better. Well maybe except for Ferrari fans. Bright side for them though is that they didn't end up getting lapped?

I'm surprised that RBR wasn't sitting ready to react to the Merc call. The way Hamilton came out on the hards - its like Merc knew they were going to stop again. Hamilton pushed it so hard early on those tires I don't think there was any way (or intention) they would last to the end. Mission was to setup for the undercut or if RBR doesn't pit then no way their tires would last and just drive around Max. Good data from Bottas going to hards early didn't hurt either. Great strategy, excellent driving, excellent execution. They are the best for a reason.

I don't think either Max or Lewis could pass the other without the large tire disparity. Hopefully the second half keeps this run of good racing going.
__________________

Racing team... because HPDE team doesn't have quite the same ring to it...
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #64
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Another awesome race, 4 in a row. Brilliant strategy by Mercedes. Good clean driving (little cheeky by Leclerc but eh, Bottas had already messed himself up). No matter who you are a fan of you couldn't ask for much better. Well maybe except for Ferrari fans. Bright side for them though is that they didn't end up getting lapped?

I'm surprised that RBR wasn't sitting ready to react to the Merc call. The way Hamilton came out on the hards - its like Merc knew they were going to stop again. Hamilton pushed it so hard early on those tires I don't think there was any way (or intention) they would last to the end. Mission was to setup for the undercut or if RBR doesn't pit then no way their tires would last and just drive around Max. Good data from Bottas going to hards early didn't hurt either. Great strategy, excellent driving, excellent execution. They are the best for a reason.

I don't think either Max or Lewis could pass the other without the large tire disparity. Hopefully the second half keeps this run of good racing going.
Negative my friend !

It wasn't the Merc's tires strategy . It was *Gasly's* fault that MAX didn't won the race ! MKSixer ?
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13854.00

      08-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #65
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
13854
Rep
7,014
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative my friend !

It wasn't the Merc's tires strategy . It was *Gasly's* fault that MAX didn't won the race ! MKSixer ?
It was the best race and I just found out from an interview that Lewis was lifting and coasting for large parts of the race to keep things cool then attack again.

This was a masterclass demonstration by the 2 best racers in F1 now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #66
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18020
Rep
10,849
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It was the best race and I just found out from an interview that Lewis was lifting and coasting for large parts of the race to keep things cool then attack again.

This was a masterclass demonstration by the 2 best racers in F1 now.
The best has won today . No doubt , AMEN !
MAX had zero chance today , even with a second pitstop it was not possible for him to keep up with HAMS pace .

Without our 2 drivers ...There wouldn't be a race today !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer13854.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST