New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #45
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
BANNED. Jesus H.
It's all about being efficient. 2 birds, one stone/2 girls one....never mind.

Want me to drop some black and white photos, with a splash of color and label it as Billy's sister's coffee?
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #46
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
paquet629.50
      10-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #47
EezyBeezy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2018 BMW F[am]80 M3

My go-to would be a flat white using LavAzza espresso beans and almond milk. I pull shots with a Breville Barista Expres 870, does the job just fine and would like to upgrade to a La Marzocco machine one day.

Love coffee in general. Will switch it up every now & then between regular dark coffee, cold brew, pour over, moka pot, and Vietnamese style coffee.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #48
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

CBTL Dragon pearl or Matcha latte, with a shot, whole milk, and extra hot. Pour it into my Zojirushi hot cup, I'm set for the weekend.

Weekdays, I walk across the street to a little shop, generally get a white chocolate mocha.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #49
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EezyBeezy View Post
My go-to would be a flat white using LavAzza espresso beans and almond milk. I pull shots with a Breville Barista Expres 870, does the job just fine and would like to upgrade to a La Marzocco machine one day.

Love coffee in general. Will switch it up every now & then between regular dark coffee, cold brew, pour over, moka pot, and Vietnamese style coffee.
I just cannot get enough strength from those beans, they say espresso on the pack (black pack yeah?) but they are medium roast. Lavazza bought Kicking Horse from BC, and the dark roasts are excellent if a little oily so extra maintenance on the machine.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:12 PM   #50
Mintsopoulos
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_william View Post
Buy green and roast it the way I like it. Brew in a Technivorm.

In a tight spot, Peet's Big Bang.
I was literally just looking to pull the trigger on a Technivorm, but wife isnt sure its worth it. Ive never personally tried coffee from one either...but currently looking at the OXO 9 Cup as well.

Should I just say screw it and go Tech? I have to say I do like waking up to a pot of hot delicious smelling coffee in the brisk mornings.
      10-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #51
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Actual brand of coffee is of no importance. I make it strong enough to where I second guess my second cup as I'm usually vibrating uncontrollably before I finish the first. What's important to me is what I mi with it. These days, I mix my protein with my coffee. Salted Caramel GNC Wheybolic is amazing in black coffee. No creamer, no sugar, two scoops of whey, mixed with a little water, then add black coffee; perfection! 48g of protein and caffeine.
I actually tried mixing whey protein powder into black coffee and felt i was being clever. It was a spectacular failure. The powder wouldn't mix into the coffee and I ended up with a cup of coffee that looked like a homeless guy took a shit in while i wasn't looking. It tasted pretty much the way it looked too.

So i guess that GNC stuff actually does successfully mix in? I was using Ghost protein IIRC

I do agree with Alfisti that you're being a barbarian though…
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #52
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep

Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Venti Mocha extra hot no whip nonfat from Starbucks
      10-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #53
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I actually tried mixing whey protein powder into black coffee and felt i was being clever. It was a spectacular failure. The powder wouldn't mix into the coffee and I ended up with a cup of coffee that looked like a homeless guy took a shit in while i wasn't looking. It tasted pretty much the way it looked too.

So i guess that GNC stuff actually does successfully mix in? I was using Ghost protein IIRC

You should use collagen peptide based protein powder as it will absorb in hot coffee with no issues. Personally I use Vital Proteins brand collagen peptides and it works well.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #54
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I'm not an expert, I am fine with most small roasters French or Italian dark roasted beans but am particular about using a Chemex or other drip method. I used to like French Press but it's too lean compared to the Chemex.
Attached Images

10-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #55
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Nespresso, love the simplicity and a perfect espresso everytime w/o all the fuss.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 05:40 PM   #56
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Actual brand of coffee is of no importance. I make it strong enough to where I second guess my second cup as I'm usually vibrating uncontrollably before I finish the first. What's important to me is what I mi with it. These days, I mix my protein with my coffee. Salted Caramel GNC Wheybolic is amazing in black coffee. No creamer, no sugar, two scoops of whey, mixed with a little water, then add black coffee; perfection! 48g of protein and caffeine.

Mix the protein powder with water first, to create a "slurry" mixture, then add coffee. If you like lattes, a person will enjoy this. Its creamy and sweet. I've yet to have someone try it that didn't like it. I've turned several people on to it. Salted caramel is great. The Samoa flavor Girl Scout Cookie GNC is good with coffee too. I also add Skinny Syrup flavors occasionally.

Barbaric perhaps, but I consider myself the purveyor of all things good. I'm also extremely picky about everything in life. I mean, shit, I trust my own judgment.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 06:59 PM   #57
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Mix the protein powder with water first, to create a "slurry" mixture, then add coffee. If you like lattes, a person will enjoy this. Its creamy and sweet. I've yet to have someone try it that didn't like it. I've turned several people on to it. Salted caramel is great. The Samoa flavor Girl Scout Cookie GNC is good with coffee too. I also add Skinny Syrup flavors occasionally.

Barbaric perhaps, but I consider myself the purveyor of all things good. I'm also extremely picky about everything in life. I mean, shit, I trust my own judgment.
I guess some people like flavors/sweetners/creamers.

I've never tried a flavored coffee that wasn't disgusting.
I've never tried a sweetened coffee that wasn't disgusting.
I've never tried a creamer that wasn't disgusting.

I even got given a mochaccino instead of a cappuccino, and that was disgusting.

You would struggle to get me to try it, and I can pretty much guarantee I would find it disgusting. Coffee is coffee. It's not vanilla coffee. Nor is it double sweentened half caf decaf double caf light coffee.

If you're going to drink coffee, drink COFFEE! Not some weird assed flavored half baked drink based shit.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      10-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #58
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2006 S2000

I buy this now
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #59
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:

I guess some people like flavors/sweetners/creamers.

I've never tried a flavored coffee that wasn't disgusting.
I've never tried a sweetened coffee that wasn't disgusting.
I've never tried a creamer that wasn't disgusting.

I even got given a mochaccino instead of a cappuccino, and that was disgusting.

You would struggle to get me to try it, and I can pretty much guarantee I would find it disgusting. Coffee is coffee. It's not vanilla coffee. Nor is it double sweentened half caf decaf double caf light coffee.

If you're going to drink coffee, drink COFFEE! Not some weird assed flavored half baked drink based shit.
Alright then. Not trying to sway your opinion, but its kinda what we do as humans. We take things we like and tweak them to our likings even more.

Sorry you don't like stuff that other people enjoy, but I won't apologize that not everyone likes the things that you do. Furthermore, Dino I've got nothing but love for you sir and say this with respect; I'll drink my coffee however the fuck I want.
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2021, 07:28 PM   #60
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

LOL.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-18-2021, 07:34 PM   #61
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I like peets but you gotta get it from the store. Before i was in love with Deidrich's before Starbucks bought them out. The fiends!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:41 PM   #62
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I prefer a withdrawal headache over Starbucks
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2021, 07:41 PM   #63
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

LOL things got srs lmao.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:32 PM   #64
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

A few years or so ago when I was in Dusseldorf, Germany we stayed at a neat little boutique hotel there. I remember it was rather toasty outside and when we were just checking in and getting settled we noticed a cozy little cafe inside the hotel and gave it a try. I don't know exactly what it was and have just one photo of this awesome cold brew coffee they served out of the bottle. Black honey bourbon but don't remember the origin. It was amazing. You can see they served it over a ball of ice that reminds me of bars in Japan with whisky.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-18-2021, 08:32 PM   #65
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Coffee is srs
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-18-2021, 09:23 PM   #66
gary_william
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
I was literally just looking to pull the trigger on a Technivorm, but wife isnt sure its worth it. Ive never personally tried coffee from one either...but currently looking at the OXO 9 Cup as well.

Should I just say screw it and go Tech? I have to say I do like waking up to a pot of hot delicious smelling coffee in the brisk mornings.
I've had 2 Technivorms (wife got one in the divorce). Bought an OXO 9 and a Bonavita, all SCAA endorsed. While the Oxo and the Bonavita brew good coffee, the Oxo crapped out after 2 years and the Bonavita has a funky switch. The Technivorms, however, were flawless. I also find that I can use 20% less coffee in the Technivorm and still get the same rich coffee taste. Yes, more expensive. Worth it IMHO, YMMV. Downside (?) is that Technofirms arent programmable, but a simple timer adapter can solve that.
Appreciate 0