New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-15-2024, 09:19 AM   #5787
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassWholeBimmer View Post
Die hard Sci-fi fan here... Thought this was very good. Netflix series. Season 1.
Just started watchig this one...got my attention thus far.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 09:27 AM   #5788
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

My wife and I decided to watch this last night, that is 2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back. OMG

Appreciate 2
Esteban43330.00
      04-15-2024, 10:07 AM   #5789
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
My wife and I decided to watch this last night, that is 2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back. OMG
Thanks for the warning. I don't even like the cat, and that's saying something for me.
      04-15-2024, 01:31 PM   #5790
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

I actually saw one of those cat 'carriers', talk about animal cruelty. Poor feline.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 05:23 PM   #5791
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep

Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Saw the new Godzilla movie yesterday and was disappointed in the end. Thought it was a bit anticlimactic with all the buildup.
2009 Mazda6
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 10:33 PM   #5792
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Just got back from watching "Civil War".

Thought provoking, to say the least-- my buddy's and I enjoyed it.

Although, as an amateur photographer, I *really* wanted to scream at the apprentice photog, "Why.... why.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY are you shooting 35mm film in a war zone, where you have to roll film, develop it yourself, and carry the damn negatives around with you?"

Kid, take a look at what your mentor was shooting-- a full-frame Sony A7 with a 10 FRAME PER SECOND shooting rate, a god-sized buffer, Bluetooth, full-auto, shutter & aperture control, full manual control if you want it, Auto/Manual capability on the lens, and both lens AND body image stabilization.

Film may be nice AS A HOBBY, but not when people are shooting at you from all sides and you have to carry an entire photo lab + chemicals with you to take a look at anything you've shot. And then? You have to frelling MAIL IN your shots.

(Yes, I have strong opinions of that one little piece of artistic license.)

R.
Ingraman144.50
      04-17-2024, 05:38 AM   #5793
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Just got back from watching "Civil War".

Thought provoking, to say the least-- my buddy's and I enjoyed it.

Although, as an amateur photographer, I *really* wanted to scream at the apprentice photog, "Why.... why.... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY are you shooting 35mm film in a war zone, where you have to roll film, develop it yourself, and carry the damn negatives around with you?"

Kid, take a look at what your mentor was shooting-- a full-frame Sony A7 with a 10 FRAME PER SECOND shooting rate, a god-sized buffer, Bluetooth, full-auto, shutter & aperture control, full manual control if you want it, Auto/Manual capability on the lens, and both lens AND body image stabilization.

Film may be nice AS A HOBBY, but not when people are shooting at you from all sides and you have to carry an entire photo lab + chemicals with you to take a look at anything you've shot. And then? You have to frelling MAIL IN your shots.

(Yes, I have strong opinions of that one little piece of artistic license.)

R.
I grew us shooting 35mm and am very comfortable with it, I now have a Nikon D800 which I love. I get great results with it but it's still black magic to me where film just seems natural to me. I'd still choose DSLR though, at least you can see if you got the shot without having to wait for processing.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 07:33 AM   #5794
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
I grew us shooting 35mm and am very comfortable with it, I now have a Nikon D800 which I love. I get great results with it but it's still black magic to me where film just seems natural to me. I'd still choose DSLR though, at least you can see if you got the shot without having to wait for processing.
I'm right there with you, having grown up on film (I've literally worn out three silk shutters on my old Spotmatic)-- but a film camera is just about the **last** camera on the planet that I'd choose to use as a photojournalist in an active war zone while trying to get "the shot".

In that situation, there are about a thousand different reasons why digital would work better than film.

I've still got my old Spotmatic and have recently downgraded from four different digital camera's to a single Sony a6700. If I had to be "on the go" doing what she was doing in the movie, it's a DSLR or Mirrorless every damn time. Lighter, faster, better lenses, feedback from the image in literally seconds, internal lens correction, silent mode, body and lens stability, stupidly high ISO, frame rates that are unbelievable, excellent low-light capability, the ability to Bluetooth images and 300+ shots per battery-- it's a no-brainer.

I realize that her using her dad's old film camera was part of the "art" of the film-- but it was a dumb and distracting thing. If you're going to be a professional, use the right tools. And at age 24 or so, she could certainly have sprung for a good set of used gear if she was really wanting to be a pro-- MPB and KEH come to mind.

Anyhow, rant: off.

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 04-17-2024 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
Fishee996.00