New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2022, 09:43 PM   #7305
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
So if there is a curb/median the law doesn't mean I have to pull over? I realize it is really unlikely unless traffic is dead stopped and it's a low curb and obviously if I saw them doing it I would pull over. But if I'm just driving along and they are going the other way I'm not in violation of the law am I?

As to sovereign citizen what if I hate my window tint?

I love watching those videos. I wonder sometimes do they really think that is gonna work? Seems they do.


No, you would be fine. A divided highway is any road with opposing directions of travel. That will include roads with and without a raised concrete center median, double yellow line, broken white line center median/turn lane, etc.

The sovereign citizen nonsense may work in some other states, but not in California. Our vehicle code puts that nonsense to a stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
It’s different in Canada.
This stopping law is only for undivided highways/streets.
If there’s a divider, no stop is needed (ambulances, cops, school buses, all the same).

Are you sure it’s different there or either one of us misunderstood the question?
Because we often need to drive into opposing lanes of travel, you have to yield to emergency vehicles here.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 09:53 PM   #7306
________
________
4156
Rep
2,301
Posts

 
Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No, you would be fine. A divided highway is any road with opposing directions of travel. That will include roads with and without a raised concrete center median, double yellow line, broken white line center median/turn lane, etc.

The sovereign citizen nonsense may work in some other states, but not in California. Our vehicle code puts that nonsense to a stop.



Because we often need to drive into opposing lanes of travel, you have to yield to emergency vehicles here.
Same thing here, but not when the road is divided.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 08:38 AM   #7307
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
1591
Rep
357
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post

The sovereign citizen nonsense may work in some other states, but not in California. Our vehicle code puts that nonsense to a stop.
I find it funny they want to be unfettered yet use roads paid for by the rest of us. I thought it was just an internet joke til I saw the videos. Oh well.

Heck, I actually met a guy who believed in the flat earth conspiracy. And this was a brit who moved to Thailand. Sometimes I want to weep at the extremes people will go to in order to believe something that their senses tell them is untrue.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24006.50
Buug95915366.00
      12-10-2022, 08:52 AM   #7308
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Murf the Surf's Avatar
16558
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Dog Lake, South Frontenac, Ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I find it funny they want to be unfettered yet use roads paid for by the rest of us. I thought it was just an internet joke til I saw the videos. Oh well.

Heck, I actually met a guy who believed in the flat earth conspiracy. And this was a brit who moved to Thailand. Sometimes I want to weep at the extremes people will go to in order to believe something that their senses tell them is untrue.
I have a friend and his wife is into this whole hog. She is waaaaay out there. There are some crazy ideas associated with this and it's been around for years now. The odd time they manage to get away with this garbage and then they think that means they are right in their thinking, which tends to embolden them. I didn't have to deal with them very often but when I did it never ended the way they thought it would.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24006.50
Soul_Glo13082.50
      12-14-2022, 05:37 AM   #7309
Soul_Glo
Major General
Soul_Glo's Avatar
United_States
13083
Rep
7,489
Posts

 
Drives: G20
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manhattan, NYC

iTrader: (1)

Funniest excuse that turned out to be true?
Appreciate 1
________4155.50
      12-14-2022, 11:53 AM   #7310
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Funniest excuse that turned out to be true?
…."I couldn't hold it and pooped my pants. I'm rushing to a restroom to toss these clothes."


It was true. I felt bad for the guy. It was one of those bouts with diarrhea that you just couldn't hold.
Appreciate 2
________4155.50
Soul_Glo13082.50
      12-14-2022, 11:55 AM   #7311
________
________
4156
Rep
2,301
Posts

 
Drives: ________
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: ________

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
."I couldn't hold it and pooped my pants. I'm rushing to a restroom to toss these clothes."


It was true. I felt bad for the guy. It was one of those bouts with diarrhea that you just couldn't hold.
You let him off right?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 11:59 AM   #7312
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
…."I couldn't hold it and pooped my pants. I'm rushing to a restroom to toss these clothes."


It was true. I felt bad for the guy. It was one of those bouts with diarrhea that you just couldn't hold.
You let him off right?
Absolutely! He went straight to the gas station restroom, changed clothes and tossed his sweats in the dumpster.
Appreciate 5
________4155.50
Dino GT35101.50
vreihen1613563.50
minn1913769.50
Soul_Glo13082.50
      12-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #7313
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17387
Rep
9,350
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Absolutely! He went straight to the gas station restroom, changed clothes and tossed his sweats in the dumpster.
Far less expensive than the ticket
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #7314
leopard print
Lieutenant
1553
Rep
395
Posts

 
Drives: Really well for an Asian.
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Far less expensive than the ticket
Unless they were Balenciaga from more than a month ago...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24006.50
      12-14-2022, 08:26 PM   #7315
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
Ukraine
13564
Rep
914
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Has anyone heard the news today about the huge NYPD evidence warehouse burning in a major fire? No impounded cars there, but many vehicles being held for evidence along with DNA samples and other stuff dating back 10-20 years. FDNY has two fire boats from the water side and plenty of trucks on the shore side, and is saying that the fire won't be fully extinguished for a few more days.

The NYC TV talking heads are asking rhetorically what this means for all of those outstanding cases if the evidence is lost?????
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 28K miles
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 11:39 PM   #7316
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Has anyone heard the news today about the huge NYPD evidence warehouse burning in a major fire? No impounded cars there, but many vehicles being held for evidence along with DNA samples and other stuff dating back 10-20 years. FDNY has two fire boats from the water side and plenty of trucks on the shore side, and is saying that the fire won't be fully extinguished for a few more days.

The NYC TV talking heads are asking rhetorically what this means for all of those outstanding cases if the evidence is lost?????
Some cases will undoubtedly be affected. Others will successfully be tried on the circumstantial evidence. Some of the criminals will get a pass because of that evidence warehouse burning down.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 11:27 AM   #7317
sygazelle
Brigadier General
10165
Rep
3,356
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Hot mic

Sedan_Clan, watch out for the hot mic!

In breaking news: "The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is investigating a deputy for allegedly engaging in a sex act during a break and broadcasting the tryst over her radio, officials said Thursday"
Appreciate 1
vreihen1613563.50
      12-16-2022, 12:13 PM   #7318
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Sedan_Clan, watch out for the hot mic!

In breaking news: "The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is investigating a deputy for allegedly engaging in a sex act during a break and broadcasting the tryst over her radio, officials said Thursday"
It's not the first time and it won't be the last. It wasn't that long ago that West Hollywood Station's "95-Ocean" was caught on a hot mic having sex at Universal Studios.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1613563.50
      12-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #7319
sygazelle
Brigadier General
10165
Rep
3,356
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It's not the first time and it won't be the last. It wasn't that long ago that West Hollywood Station's "95-Ocean" was caught on a hot mic having sex at Universal Studios.
I thought as much. I've may have heard other stories in my younger years about employees having sex on the job. The difference for us is there were no microphones to catch us in the act.....or were there?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 02:08 PM   #7320
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
Ukraine
13564
Rep
914
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Take off the body cam before an on-duty booty call, please.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 28K miles
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24006.50
      12-16-2022, 02:10 PM   #7321
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
1554
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Take off the body cam before an on-duty booty call, please.....
Or leave it on and start an Only Fans account.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1613563.50
UncleWede17386.50
Sedan_Clan24006.50
      12-16-2022, 07:27 PM   #7322
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Murf the Surf's Avatar
16558
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 993
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Dog Lake, South Frontenac, Ontario Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It's not the first time and it won't be the last. It wasn't that long ago that West Hollywood Station's "95-Ocean" was caught on a hot mic having sex at Universal Studios.
I have a great story about a PW and her PC boyfriend on duty getting caught on the security cam in the Wagon.....legendary.
Appreciate 1
Buug95915366.00
      12-16-2022, 10:38 PM   #7323
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Take off the body cam before an on-duty booty call, please.....
Oh man. Having such a thing captured on BWC would be a double face palm. IMHO, there's no reason these people should be getting caught on a hot mic. It's very easy to avoid. Turn off the mobile radio in the vehicle completely and take off the portable radio, set it on the dash and do not touch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
I have a great story about a PW and her PC boyfriend on duty getting caught on the security cam in the Wagon.....legendary.

Let's hear this.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1613563.50
      12-17-2022, 05:09 PM   #7324
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17387
Rep
9,350
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

So how much time would I get for assault on an officer?

Called CHP to report a vehicle left for a week. Nice officer comes and parks just behind as person responsible (but probably not RO) arrives
When officer comes to speak to me, he asks if there are other vehicles he needs to take care of. I point down the street and start describing two others when I notice him put his hand on his sidearm. Then he instructs me to please put the rose clippers on the ground

__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #7325
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So how much time would I get for assault on an officer?

Called CHP to report a vehicle left for a week. Nice officer comes and parks just behind as person responsible (but probably not RO) arrives
When officer comes to speak to me, he asks if there are other vehicles he needs to take care of. I point down the street and start describing two others when I notice him put his hand on his sidearm. Then he instructs me to please put the rose clippers on the ground



UncleWede ScissorHands. lol!
Appreciate 4
dradernh3936.50
vreihen1613563.50
Soul_Glo13082.50
      12-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #7326
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
24007
Rep
22,017
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Well…..we know if CNN is reporting it, they can no longer hide or deny what many of us already expected/suspected.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Todd0131379.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST