New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Closed Thread

11-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #23
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Corvette Z06

Lol @ the notion that F1 was interesting during the Merc dominance era (excluding 2016).

Pretty sure everyone I know stopped watching F1 during this time and the sport was literally about to go extinct if not for Dietrich.

Netflix and Max revived F1.
Appreciate 7
      11-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #24
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Lol @ the notion that F1 was interesting during the Merc dominance era (excluding 2016).

Pretty sure everyone I know stopped watching F1 during this time and the sport was literally about to go extinct if not for Dietrich.

Netflix and Max revived F1.
Ironically, that will happen to if Max/RB continue to win at this pace. All the hate that is poured on MB/Toto/HAM will happen to them. You already see it happening and not just from Lewis fans.

All these drivers and a large amount of the team principals/higher ups are all prima donnas and can’t take any criticism. I thought the NBA was the worst of them all, but it is clearly F1.

Also, I said last year there will forever be an asterisk to Max’s 21 WDC for everyone besides his hardcore fans. He knows it, Christian and Marko do to. That’s why they are so sensitive about it. They better learn how to handle it or at least get used to it because it will never go away.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
3798j11303.50
      11-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #25
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Ironically, that will happen to if Max/RB continue to win at this pace. All the hate that is poured on MB/Toto/HAM will happen to them. You already see it happening and not just from Lewis fans.

All these drivers and a large amount of the team principals/higher ups are all prima donnas and can’t take any criticism. I thought the NBA was the worst of them all, but it is clearly F1.

Also, I said last year there will forever be an asterisk to Max’s 21 WDC for everyone besides his hardcore fans. He knows, Christian and Marko do to. That’s why they so sensitive to it. They better learn how to handle it or at least get used to it because it will never go away.
I'm actually starting to watch basketball again because the Knicks are oddly giving me some hope right now.

There will never be an asterisk next to it, in a few years no one will even remember it and those that do will know that Max was the champion in 2021 based on every single stat there is. You're still a qt pie to me tho.
Appreciate 4
minn1914010.50
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 10:38 AM   #26
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm actually starting to watch basketball again because the Knicks are oddly giving me some hope right now.

There will never be an asterisk next to it, in a few years no one will even remember it. You're still a qt pie to me tho.
I used to be a huge NBA fan in the 80s. I’ve tried to get back into it but just can’t, doesn’t help the home town team is the ‘Wolves. Quite possibly the worst sports organization to date.

Thanks! Obviously I disagree, also ironically their continued sensitivity towards the subject will only keep it going. Had they moved on and ignored this it would’ve been a nothing story. But they keep bringing it back into the spotlight with their reactions.
Appreciate 1
NYG10579.50
      11-01-2022, 10:44 AM   #27
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I used to be a huge NBA fan in the 80s. I’ve tried to get back into it but just can’t, doesn’t help the home town team is the ‘Wolves. Quite possibly the worst sports organization to date.

Thanks! Obviously I disagree, also ironically their continued sensitivity towards the subject will only keep it going. Had they moved on and ignored this it would’ve been a nothing story. But they keep bringing it back into the spotlight with their reactions.
Now that's some pure BS. Don't even tell me there's a worse organization than the Knicks. We're a joke.

You should post more often here - embrace our love for Max.
Appreciate 3
minn1914010.50
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 10:48 AM   #28
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Now that's some pure BS. Don't even tell me there's a worse organization than the Knicks. We're a joke.

You should post more often here - embrace our love for Max.
Yah dunno, both recently are pretty bad. At least you guys have more than just one run to a conference finals.

Honest to goodness truth, I really don’t mind Max and think he is one of the most talented drivers of our time/potentially all time depending on how long he stays in the sport. The people around him, Jos, Christian and Marko not so much. I used to really like Christian until last year he lost his mind. Was hoping he’d chill this year but nope. Quite possibly the most thin skinned/can dish out it but can’t take it group in F1 right now.

Last edited by minn19; 11-01-2022 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 2
NYG10579.50
3798j11303.50
      11-01-2022, 11:07 AM   #29
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:

Also, I said last year there will forever be an asterisk to Max’s 21 WDC for everyone besides his hardcore fans. He knows it, Christian and Marko do to. That’s why they are so sensitive about it. They better learn how to handle it or at least get used to it because it will never go away.
Toto Wolff after the 2021 season had ended: "Everybody has a target on their backs next year [2022]", "Losing to Red Bulls so many times is a real shocker, but is not the end", "The decision was simply wrong and it's clear that this is gonna leave some scars on Lewis, myself and the team" and "And there is nothing better they could have done to motivate us."

At that time Wolff did not know yet how desastrous the 2022 season would be for Lewis, himself and his team.

M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 11:12 AM   #30
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Toto Wolff after the 2021 season had ended: "Everybody has a target on their backs next year [2022]", "Losing to Red Bulls so many times is a real shocker, but is not the end", "The decision was simply wrong and it's clear that this is gonna leave some scars on Lewis, myself and the team" and "And there is nothing better they could have done to motivate us."

At that time Wolff did not know yet how desastrous the 2022 season would be for Lewis, himself and his team.

Ok??? What point are you trying to make or what are you referencing? What would you have him say? Things obviously don’t always go to plan.

Last edited by minn19; 11-01-2022 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      11-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
What part of the race shouldn't have been restarted until all cars or none were allowed to un-lap themselves? FIA made it clear it was human error. Now we hear about the cheating and over spending, it leaves a sour taste in alot of people.

Anyways continue with your shitshow, the sport is a joke right now.
The longest boring shitshow on earth was HAM's 7 years of dominance in the fastest car of the decade !

People didn't watched F1 anymore . To see what ?
People fell asleep watching a Mercedes cruising to the next victory..
The Mercedes drivers forgot what real racing on the edge actually was in the fastest car of the decade !

That changed in 2021 because Red Bull built finally a competive car to fight and to beat HAM .

Thanks to MAX the now double World Champion . And what we see now is finally real racing again !
In the last 2 years of F1 . F1 is back alive and more than ever before . Thanks to MAX !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-01-2022 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 2
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #32
rwheels
Major
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The longest boring shitshow on earth was HAM's 7 years of dominance in the fastest car of the decade !

People didn't watched F1 anymore . To see what ?
People fell asleep watching a Mercedes cruising to the next victory..
The Mercedes drivers forgot what real racing on the edge actually was in the fastest car of the decade !

That changed in 2021 because Red Bull built finally a competive car to fight and to beat HAM .

Thanks to MAX the now double World Champion . And what we see now is finally real racing again !
In the last 2 years of F1 . F1 is back alive and more than ever before . Thanks to MAX !
Just a question. If Hamilton had the fastest car (not the driver), can the same be said of Max? Is it the car or the driver?
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
shadowfax1289.00
      11-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #33
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Just a question. If Hamilton had the fastest car (not the driver), can the same be said of Max? Is it the car or the driver?
You need everything to be a champion.

Senna needed everything, Schumacher needed everything, Lewis needed everything and Max needed everything.

The biggest difference between all of them is that the hybrid era Mercedes was literally F1 vs F2 compared to the rest of the grid. However dominant you think the RB18 is right now, it's not even close to how dominant the Merc was. Half of Red Bulls success this season is Ferrari being a dumpster fire.
Appreciate 3
rwheels7066.50
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #34
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostynorth View Post
Reading all this, man has F1 fallen far. Rather glad I only watched one race this year, this sport needs help.
Honestly I blame Netflix and Drive To Survive. It has brought in so many uneducated fans. Most of them took sides immediately, either Max or Lewis. Now they just argue like school girls. F1 has been mired in controversy for decades, there was always some shenanigans or scandals going on(much worse than 2021 finale). Difference being everything is now blown up by Netflix and social media. In the past it eventually blew over and F1 moved on.
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
rwheels7066.50
MontyB11385.00
      11-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #35
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hard to tell really, Max is so much quicker than Checo.

Ultimately Max at some point will need a teammate like Nico.

Lando would have been perfect, but he ended talks with RB and went with McLaren extension.
Appreciate 1
rwheels7066.50
      11-01-2022, 12:18 PM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
That's pretty simple ,

Where is Checo in the same RB18 car ?

Still in doubt ?

When you realise MAX was just 19 when he did this .That's why MAX is now the double World Champion ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59507.00
DrFerry6725.50
      11-01-2022, 12:30 PM   #37
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:

IMO - I look at anything Ham has done as an asterisk the size of Jupiter especially knowing what happened with Timo G and spygate as well as the cheating MB did with the engine and secret tire tests.
I think it's clear to see Max is a more raw talent and now that he has had some time to hone his ability he is a league above anyone in F1.
Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 01:06 PM   #38
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Lots of people obviously weren't around in the early days of Hamiltons career and haven't followed it for as long. Some only appeared when Netflix started to do Drive to Survive.

To put this into perspective we all know F2 today, it was GP2 then the pre-series to F1. Lewis Hamilton was flying and in this race he showed why he became a star in F1. I'm going to spoil it now for those that love motorsport; imagine a driver spinning on lap 2, he falls pretty much to the back into 21st place and then in an equal car fights through the pack to finish in second. That's the same engine, tyres the lot only setup and skill to differentiate.

This day not only the GP2 crowd watched the race the entire F1 paddock did, there was more talk about Hamiltons fightback than the F1 race. Mechanics from across the teams were watching and cheering, everyone was mesmerised.

To then come into F1 in his first year and challenge the great amazing Fernando Alonso regard as up there with the very best was sublime at the time. Nobody expects a new driver to shine in F1 for the first time but he was leading in the McLaren after 5 or 6 races against a far more seasoned F1 driver. THAT is why many like him and see he has or had the same raw talent as Max does. Yes they both made mistakes and tried some crazy overtakes that didn't work early on but they are very much on the same page.

Give it a watch, same machinery and one hell of a drive (Yes after the mistake the caused the spin) showed the raw talent and class he had, which got him the drive F1 drive. He like Max, Schumacher, Senna can do things to a car other drivers couldn't get close to.

Short Version

Medium - Edited to add need to watch it on YouTube direct.

Full Race - Edited to add need to watch it on YouTube direct.

Last edited by MontyB1; 11-01-2022 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
minn1914010.50
________4158.50
      11-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #39
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I don't remember human errors handing them the WDC.
There was also no confirmed cheating during those years.

Blame those years on lack of competition. RB (and all others) had many years to catch up.

2018 - 2019 was not boring either, when Ferrari had the fastest car but couldn't deliver.

Try again.

Appreciate 2
minn1914010.50
________4158.50
      11-01-2022, 01:57 PM   #40
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
F1 has been mired in controversy for decades, there was always some shenanigans or scandals going on(much worse than 2021 finale).
How was the past controversies much worse?

There was never a time where the race director decided the outcome of a WDC and the FIA admitted it was human error.
Appreciate 2
minn1914010.50
3798j11303.50
      11-01-2022, 01:59 PM   #41
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Blame those years on lack of competition. RB (and all others) had many years to catch up.
Or was it Mercedes ridiculous headstart on developing those powerunits years before everyone else?

0.37% overspend on catering including the tax break is a travesty tho right?
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #42
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How was the past controversies much worse?

There was never a time where the race director decided the outcome of a WDC and the FIA admitted it was human error.
The hilarious part of this cope is that if there was enough time to lap all of the cars, Hamilton still would have lost.

We've had these conversations like 500x already this year.

If you disregard all the freebies from 2021, including Merc crashing out Max at Hungary, Lewis nearly killing Max in Silverstone, Max getting half points at Spa, Lewis getting away with a bunch of shady driving, etc etc, here are the facts:

Name:  5pinuihyii681.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  155.6 KB

Max was the champion of 2021 in an inferior car no matter how hard you cry into your pillow every night and wondering "what if." They shouldn't have even been close to even on points entering Abu Dhabi. You can't just fabricate these fantasy scenarios for one race and disregard all the others without looking silly. Skill defeated car.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59507.00
      11-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #43
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostynorth View Post
Reading all this, man has F1 fallen far. Rather glad I only watched one race this year, this sport needs help.

Was really hoping a year off the sport would be a good break, but salt and drama is still going strong between the teams and drivers. The UK news was always heavy biased towards the British drivers, but this is a little beyond professionalism in media. Yeah, 2021 didn't end on the best note, get over it.

After Bernie leaving the sport and new management coming in, there was a chance things would get better, but it seems not. The top teams still complain constantly over everything, and have too much power over the smaller teams, they're all so entitled. If it wasn't for the money Mercedes, Ferrari, and RedBull bring it, the sport would be better without them. At least for a few years.

Agreed with the post above, RedBull used to be a fun team in the VET/WEB days.
Haha, I don’t think it fell far from this:
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 02:33 PM   #44
________
________
Rep

Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Lots of people obviously weren't around in the early days of Hamiltons career and haven't followed it for as long. Some only appeared when Netflix started to do drive to survive.

To put this into perspective we all know F2 today it was GP2 then the pre-series to F1. Lewis Hamilton was fly and in this race he showed why he became a star in F1. I'm going to spoil in be for those that love motorsport imagine a drive spinning on lap 2, he falls pretty much to the back in 21st place and then in an equal car fights forward to finish in second. That's the same engine, tyres the lot only setup and skill to differentiate.

This day not only the GP2 watch the race the entire F1 paddock did, there was more talk about Hamiltons fightback that the F1 race. Mechanics from across the teams were watching and cheering.

To then come into F1 in his first year and challenge the great amazing Fernando Alonso regard as up there with the very best was sublime at the time. Nobody expects a new driver to shine in F1 for the first time but he was leading in the McLaren after 5 or 6 races against a far more seasoned F1 driver. THAT is why many like him and see he has or had the same raw talent as Max does. Yes they both made mistakes and tried some crazy overtakes that didn't work early on but they are very much on the same page.

Give it a watch, same machinery and one hell of a drive (Yes after the mistake the caused the spin) showed the raw talent and class he had, which got him the drive F1 drive. He like Max, Schumacher, Senna can do things to a car other drives couldn't get close to.

Short Version

Medium - Edited to add need to watch it on YouTube direct.

Full Race - Edited to add need to watch it on YouTube direct.
GTFOH with your logic and sense.
Appreciate 1
MontyB11385.00
Closed Thread