New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #2267
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11812
Rep
23,187
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Just paused 335 relatively easily. Had to tell the guy to get his hands off the bar while it was laying on my chest then still pressed it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #2268
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah but it's not 400. Isnt that the fucked up mentality we have?
Not a bad thing.....always striving for more. We need goals.

But how many people you see that can rest pause 300+ at our bodyweight.....and balancing it with the fact that the gym isn't the biggest consuming thing in our life.

I've met some hardcore people through the years. If the gym were ever taken away from them...they wouldn't know what to do.

They center their life around it and it gets unhealthy at a point!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #2269
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11812
Rep
23,187
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

What are you trying to say, this is my life bro. I always want more just a curse. Also use negative self talk as motivation. Call myself Sally or some shit.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #2270
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
What are you trying to say, this is my life bro. I always want more just a curse. Also use negative self talk as motivation. Call myself Sally or some shit.
Sorry...Not meant to be taken the wrong way.

Just saying you seem to be doing pretty well considering you seem to be a well-rounded person from what I gather by reading on the board as far as balancing gym, life, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #2271
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11812
Rep
23,187
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Dude I was fucking around. I know what you meant. This isnt my life I just like training.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      03-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #2272
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2889
Rep
3,247
Posts

 
Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dude I was fucking around. I know what you meant. This isnt my life I just like training.
Shut the fuck up already and make me a sandwich, Sally
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      03-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #2273
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11812
Rep
23,187
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Shut the fuck up already and make me a sandwich, Sally
Thanks bro now I'm gonna go smash some shit.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #2274
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dude I was fucking around. I know what you meant. This isnt my life I just like training.
Cool....I have actually gotten kicked from forums in the past for joking with people who reported me as being a smart ass.

Since I haven't been here that long, I'm still "feeling" my way around!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #2275
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2889
Rep
3,247
Posts

 
Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dude I was fucking around. I know what you meant. This isnt my life I just like training.
Cool....I have actually gotten kicked from forums in the past for joking with people who reported me as being a smart ass.

Since I haven't been here that long, I'm still "feeling" my way around!
You don't need to explain anything to him. He's Seattle trash
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #2276
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
United_States
2461
Rep
1,144
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Been stuck at a hotel gym for the past week.... I think it's slowly killing me. Have ran 30 miles over the last 7 days and my body is deteriorating. Can't get a solid lift w/ dumbells only up to 50lbs, can only do so many reps.... Send help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ugh again with the lockers! i opened and i count 8 freakin' lockers all with shit in them and no locks! one locker was so full that it was halfway closed. this one locker had only but his BMW keyfob and his phone! who effing does this? he must trust everyone!
This is me minus the phone, still haven't pulled the trigger on a lock, maybe one day lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #2277
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
lsturbointeg's Avatar
United_States
9106
Rep
14,516
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asian lost in OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dude I was fucking around. I know what you meant. This isnt my life I just like training.
how is it that you guys can cuss but I do it I get banned temporarily from the admins
__________________
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #2278
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11812
Rep
23,187
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

I dont swear must have been autocorrect
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #2279
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17671
Rep
9,370
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That's what I love about my gym. Hardly anyone touches the 100lb plates, and we have dumbbells that go to 150lbs.

Hopefully one day....I will be able to use them! 😁
Dude, something needs to keep the door open




Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #2280
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Dude, something needs to keep the door open




LOL....they are good for one thing. I get asked by most of the women in the gym to unload the leg press if the 100's on there.

Which brings me to another pet peeve...if you can load the bar/machine, you can unload it as well!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17670.50
      03-28-2019, 06:34 AM   #2281
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
United_States
2461
Rep
1,144
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

This guy in the gym last night was such a snake lmao, I was just a bystander rather than involved though so I guess that's the plus side. He would eye up equipment/attachments he would want to use, then literally as soon as the person turned their back (didn't even walk away from the equipment) he would slither his way in there and just steal their shit, just outrageous. The victims would turn back around and literally be confused on where their shit went off too. Some people just have no gym etiquette.

Back on the topic of shitty ass gym trainers, feel like it hasn't been brought up in awhile. Same out-of-shape asshole still in there stealing peoples money. He was training a guy yesterday doing seated cable rows. Trainee's posture was horrendous, completely hunched lower back strained, the thought to keep his shoulder's back didn't even cross his mind to no fault but the trainers. Didn't even hear him mention it once, it was difficult to watch for me. I would say it goes past annoyance to more of an anger, shouldn't be allowed to put other's health at risk like that. If they aren't instructed properly they could get hurt, the back is nothing to fuck around with.

end rant
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #2282
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
This guy in the gym last night was such a snake lmao, I was just a bystander rather than involved though so I guess that's the plus side. He would eye up equipment/attachments he would want to use, then literally as soon as the person turned their back (didn't even walk away from the equipment) he would slither his way in there and just steal their shit, just outrageous. The victims would turn back around and literally be confused on where their shit went off too. Some people just have no gym etiquette.

Back on the topic of shitty ass gym trainers, feel like it hasn't been brought up in awhile. Same out-of-shape asshole still in there stealing peoples money. He was training a guy yesterday doing seated cable rows. Trainee's posture was horrendous, completely hunched lower back strained, the thought to keep his shoulder's back didn't even cross his mind to no fault but the trainers. Didn't even hear him mention it once, it was difficult to watch for me. I would say it goes past annoyance to more of an anger, shouldn't be allowed to put other's health at risk like that. If they aren't instructed properly they could get hurt, the back is nothing to fuck around with.

end rant

100% agree!

If the personal trainer doesn't look better than I do, he isn't worth the time.

I know that different people have different goals, but you can tell when someone is in shape and when they are not.

I used to be a personal trainer in my gym years ago...but just quit as I didn't have the patience for it. You tell someone what to do, and then they update you on how their diet has been since you last seen them..and it isn't any of the stuff you told them to do....I had no problems telling them that I was letting them go as a client since they couldn't follow directions.

This shit isn't easy...if it were everyone would be walking around looking great!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
JP102461.00
      03-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #2283
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17671
Rep
9,370
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
you can tell when someone is in shape and when they are not.
Round IS a shape!!!!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      03-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #2284
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
United_States
2461
Rep
1,144
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
100% agree!

If the personal trainer doesn't look better than I do, he isn't worth the time.

I know that different people have different goals, but you can tell when someone is in shape and when they are not.

I used to be a personal trainer in my gym years ago...but just quit as I didn't have the patience for it. You tell someone what to do, and then they update you on how their diet has been since you last seen them..and it isn't any of the stuff you told them to do....I had no problems telling them that I was letting them go as a client since they couldn't follow directions.

This shit isn't easy...if it were everyone would be walking around looking great!
Yeah idk how this guy got a job, honestly makes the gym look bad having this guy putz around. I always wonder what is going through the clients head when they see that even their trainer looks like shit...

Agreed this shit takes a lot of effort and commitment, and I don't look near as ripped up as you hahaha. Thats half the reason why I get pissed at the trainer, by instructing them to do poor movements he might inhibit them from pursuing fitness due to the pain that he is inducing them to. Who knows maybe that's his goal so he doesn't have to deal with his clients very long.

Other part of me blames the trainee for being negligent prior to coming to the gym, doesn't understand the first thing about what their trying to accomplish, rather just going through the movements... smh
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #2285
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
17671
Rep
9,370
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Other part of me blames the trainee for being negligent prior to coming to the gym, doesn't understand the first thing about what their trying to accomplish, rather just going through the movements... smh
1) They made the effort to get to the gym

2) They knew their level of ignorance, so hired a "professional" to remove said ignorance. How to know they got someone equally ignorant is difficult.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #2286
JP10
Major
JP10's Avatar
United_States
2461
Rep
1,144
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
1) They made the effort to get to the gym

2) They knew their level of ignorance, so hired a "professional" to remove said ignorance. How to know they got someone equally ignorant is difficult.
True true, I think I just said that because the guy being trained that I was reffering to has made no progress over the last 3 months, at some point there has to be some responsibility/effort. Everytime I see him it looks like he is being forced to be there and someone else is paying for the trainer, rather then 1) making the effort to get to the gym and 2) Hiring someone on their own accord to rid their ignorance.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #2287
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Yeah idk how this guy got a job, honestly makes the gym look bad having this guy putz around. I always wonder what is going through the clients head when they see that even their trainer looks like shit...

Agreed this shit takes a lot of effort and commitment, and I don't look near as ripped up as you hahaha. Thats half the reason why I get pissed at the trainer, by instructing them to do poor movements he might inhibit them from pursuing fitness due to the pain that he is inducing them to. Who knows maybe that's his goal so he doesn't have to deal with his clients very long.

Other part of me blames the trainee for being negligent prior to coming to the gym, doesn't understand the first thing about what their trying to accomplish, rather just going through the movements... smh

I'm sure they have to sign a waiver, but as a gym owner I wouldn't want that responsibility. It's way too easy to injure yourself short-term from doing something wrong. What always concerned me was making sure that I wasn't doing something that would come back and bite me 15 years down the road.

I'm not getting any younger, and I want to be as healthy and mobile as I can for as long as I can!!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #2288
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8206
Rep
2,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Also...thank you for the "in-shape" comment. This is something that I have dedicated myself to for 20+ years.

People these days want immediate results. Results come, but it takes consistency and figuring out what works for you.

I was lucky enough to get hooked up with a guy who is a nationally ranked competitor in his sport, and learned what kind of work ethic it takes. It's a lot of suffering...well the diet part anyways. I like the training, but even now at work people know not to invite me out to lunch with them as I have turned them down so often.

But they understand I have goals I'm trying to accomplish...and they respect that. I mean I have loosened up a lot in the last few years. But for the longest time the gym and what I ate took priority over everything but my family and career.

Even now, my wife and I prepare dinner together every evening, but we rarely eat the same thing. But she is fine with it as we are sharing time together. And when I have a workout that falls on a weekend...I drag here to the gym with me!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 2
JP102461.00
King Rudi13147.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST