New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-13-2022, 08:53 PM   #111
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

This dude right here...
https://news.bitcoin.com/report-befo...g-stablecoins/
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 11:40 PM   #112
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Sam Bankman-Fried written hilarious and frightening responses regarding the collapse of FTX is just the tip of the iceberg regarding just how poorly managed and regulated the crypto system is.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #113
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

And now there's this...
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/16/maza...cryptocom.html
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 11:23 PM   #114
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

"The move comes as major cryptocurrency exchanges look to prove their solvency, and show they have enough money to cover customer withdrawals."

This is a confusing statement/request.
'Investors' in altcoins exchanged one currency for the prospect of another ... the claim is that altcoins are a new form of currency. Or that's what my understanding is.
So are they selling coins that don't exist and won't ever exist?
I doubt that, mostly.
So what they are pissed about is that the exchange rate for buying coins has dropped?
That too seems of because the exchange rate of many currencies fluctuates. The exception to altcoins is that there is a fixed number of them available and that is where the demand value/exchange rate comes from ... the less available Bitcoins the more valuable they are if you want one.

I mean it's not like there's enough printed currency in the US to cover much of anything. If any one of the ultra rich decides to take the cash option ...
And it's not like the us Gov't can pay any of it's debts with printed money either.

I'm not saying coins are a total scam. Just that if a ratings company is going to judge they need to do so with a level playing field. Currency vs currency.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:55 AM   #115
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Drives: i8

😁
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
RickFLM410882.00
wdb4673.00
      12-20-2022, 05:43 AM   #116
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachbar View Post
��
All joking aside, do you really think shitcoins really are an investment rather than a pure gamble that hopefully takes hold with the HODL, to the moon, we like this *&(*&, FUD crowd?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 06:09 AM   #117
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
All joking aside, do you really think shitcoins really are an investment rather than a pure gamble that hopefully takes hold with the HODL, to the moon, we like this *&(*&, FUD crowd?
99.999% of all Shitcoins are pure gamble and/or scams.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 06:12 AM   #118
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
99.999% of all Shitcoins are pure gamble and/or scams.
Except the ones you put your $ in right?
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2022, 07:25 AM   #119
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Except the ones you put your $ in right?
No, those are gambling as well. But I’m pretty confident, they will do great. But hey, I „invest“ much less in gambling, then in Bitcoin.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 07:34 AM   #120
LazyMadis
Registered
Rep

Drives: VW

Personally, I'm not investing in cryptos at the moment because of the recent decline in exchange rates. I also have concerns about their long-term stability and value since any physical asset or government does not back them. I know some people have made a lot of money with cryptos, but I also know that there have been some big losses and scams involved in the crypto market. So, for now, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. Instead, I've decided to download mt5 for android and start learning more about traditional trading and investing. Diversifying and having a mix of different assets in your portfolio is always good.

Last edited by LazyMadis; 01-06-2023 at 05:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 09:57 PM   #121
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2022, 01:12 AM   #122
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 02:34 AM   #123
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Good Morning Friends
Daily 200 MA reclaimed and EMA Ribbon green.
Full Bull Mode On!
Hope you filled your bags.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 02:56 AM   #124
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

In case, you’re still bearish.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 05:10 AM   #125
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Can you provide 5 legitimate, non-meme supported reasons why you invest in crypto?
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2023, 07:17 AM   #126
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Can you provide 5 legitimate, non-meme supported reasons why you invest in crypto?
I only give you one reason. Every FIAT Currency is going to zero eventually. Every. Single. One.
Or can you find me one, that doesn’t trend down?

For clarification. I have waaaay too much FIAT lying on Swiss Bank Accounts. So I‘m a FIAT dummy too. But that’s mainly because I’m married 😉 I prooved this to my wife recently. But you know, what I say, must be wrong. Thats a principal. Even, when I told her, we should install Solar Panels on the roof in Summer 2021. I said , it’s like an insurance, if Electricity Costs skyroket for any reason, one time. No one was talking about war then. I was clueless too. But I like insurances generally.
Bitcoin to me, is an insurance. Just one single Bitcoin may rescue your family one day. And what’s the risk really?

Not financial advice, of course. I only post, what I do. DYOR!

Oh I forgot to mention. My Wife has to pay the Electricity Bills this year 😁
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 07:20 AM   #127
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

This one hour Bitcoin Chart is sooo sexy 😍
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 07:23 AM   #128
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
In case, you’re still bearish.
Quote:
In case, you're still bearish.

Garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 07:40 AM   #129
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post

Garbage
Funny chart 😁
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 08:00 AM   #130
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I only give you one reason. Every FIAT Currency is going to zero eventually. Every. Single. One.
Or can you find me one, that doesn’t trend down?

For clarification. I have waaaay too much FIAT lying on Swiss Bank Accounts. So I‘m a FIAT dummy too. But that’s mainly because I’m married 😉 I prooved this to my wife recently. But you know, what I say, must be wrong. Thats a principal. Even, when I told her, we should install Solar Panels on the roof in Summer 2021. I said , it’s like an insurance, if Electricity Costs skyroket for any reason, one time. No one was talking about war then. I was clueless too. But I like insurances generally.
Bitcoin to me, is an insurance. Just one single Bitcoin may rescue your family one day. And what’s the risk really?

Not financial advice, of course. I only post, what I do. DYOR!

Oh I forgot to mention. My Wife has to pay the Electricity Bills this year 😁
I don’t want to get into a debate, because we both know that it won’t go anywhere, except to say if the one reason is that every FIAT currency will eventually go to zero, first consider when that eventually is, then consider the state of the world in the event of that eventuality, it will be anarchy, and BTC is unlikely to be widely adopted enough to be its savior. Also consider that a highly unregulated, speculative “currency” is as likely to collapse as any FIAT currency. Corporations like Enron were also black boxes, as is every Ponzi scheme, and look where Every.Single.One. ends up. Collapsed. In fact, you can see how corrupt these currencies and exchanges are, one after another is starting to collapse. Plus people are making these coins up as they go along, nobody can agree which is the future. I’m honestly shocked that people want to risk everything they own on this stuff, but to each their own. All of this to say that if the “eventual” collapse of the existing monetary system is your one reason, I’ll wait out that eventuality. Despite the status quo’s challenges, its worked well enough for me. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 08:07 AM   #131
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
I don’t want to get into a debate, because we both know that it won’t go anywhere, except to say if the one reason is that every FIAT currency will eventually go to zero, first consider when that eventually is, then consider the state of the world in the event of that eventuality, it will be anarchy, and BTC is unlikely to be widely adopted enough to be its savior. Also consider that a highly unregulated, speculative “currency” is as likely to collapse as any FIAT currency. Corporations like Enron were also black boxes, as is every Ponzi scheme, and look where Every.Single.One. ends up. Collapsed. In fact, you can see how corrupt these currencies and exchanges are, one after another is starting to collapse. Plus people are making these coins up as they go along, nobody can agree which is the future. I’m honestly shocked that people want to risk everything they own on this stuff, but to each their own. All of this to say that if the “eventual” collapse of the existing monetary system is your one reason, I’ll wait out that eventuality. It’s worked well enough for me. Good luck.
I agree with you, nothing is certain.
But you are ok, that your FIAT is loosin value so extremely fast? I don’t like it at all.
And I wrote, that Bitcoin (NOT Cryptos in general!), is an insurance for me.
And I put only a fraction in this insurance (like any insurance).
But you’re saying, I (and/or) others are putting life savings in it. That’s not me. Hope you got that right.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 08:30 AM   #132
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you, nothing is certain.
But you are ok, that your FIAT is loosin value so extremely fast? I don’t like it at all.
And I wrote, that Bitcoin (NOT Cryptos in general!), is an insurance for me.
And I put only a fraction in this insurance (like any insurance).
But you insist, I (and/or) others are putzing life savings in it. That’s not me. Hope you got that right.
You’re contradicting yourself. Your initial statement was that FIAT will eventually collapse, now you’re saying losing value EXTREMELY fast. Sorry but I don’t think the USD will be collapsing anytime soon. There’s enough value for me to live on for my lifetime. Can you tell me the same for BTC? Ask those 3rd world countries that adopted it how they’re doing.

No “smart” money wants anything to do with cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is generational. I suspect if you look at the correlation between age and crypto ownership, you’ll see that it’s the tail end of millennials and on that primarily own and believe in cryptocurrency. Incidentally, those are the same people that have less knowledge and education about markets, investing currencies/monetary policy, geopolitics and so on. They are probably the same investors who believe in meme stocks like GME. You don’t even need to be a sophisticated investor to know exactly where GME and BBBY will end up, certainly not at the moon, but the kids prefer to HODL, DRS, diamond hand and so on. A few months ago a few high school kids whose parents were renting the house next door wanted to look at my cars, so they started asking me what I do and if I invest. Then proceeded to tell me that they didn’t want to work but rather investing in BTC. I asked them to explain how it works and who uses it, they had no clue. Guaranteed, sometime soon they will open up Robinhood accounts to buy DOGE because the moon. I really think the vast majority of crypto investors are the same.
Appreciate 1