New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-27-2019, 03:58 AM   #23
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

www.griefshare.org

Helped my Mom a lot when she lost her Mom from a surgery she didn't make it out of alive several yrs back. Wishing you the best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      04-04-2019, 01:20 AM   #24
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW X3

People grieve differently.

My experience was me being frustrated for not being able to grieve the passing of my mom. My mom died a month before the birth of my first newborn baby. I was too busy to grieve and I had a new bundle of joy. Many years after, and looking back, I could see I became very impatient and I'll tempered. I felt angry but didn't know why at the time. It wasn't healthy, but I got through it and much better after I realized I was acting out.

I'm really sorry for your loses. I do hope you can find some avenue to grieve. Even speaking out on a forum is a start..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #25
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My Nino passed Wednesday night. My dad texted me while I was somewhere else and I didn't see it initially. Got home, read it as wife was loading the laundry, and I could barely tell her what was wrong. Went out back and spit a lot of mocos, and dropped a bunch of tears. Wife called my dad and I wandered in at one point where she told him I was taking it hard. She had no true idea why, and I went back outside.

Because: He had been failing mentally, and it was painful to see such a vibrant and funny person lose it like that. A few month ago he fell getting out of bed, smashed the back of his head.
I never visited him in the hospital. When they moved him back home for hospice, I never went by to see him, I didn't even KNOW he got out of the hospital. I had almost asked my dad the last couple weeks how he was doing, where he was at, but I failed.

Now, I stuck with only memories, and never said goodbye, and really didn't support him with the gift of my time when he probably needed it most
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
      04-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #26
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My Nino passed Wednesday night. My dad texted me while I was somewhere else and I didn't see it initially. Got home, read it as wife was loading the laundry, and I could barely tell her what was wrong. Went out back and spit a lot of mocos, and dropped a bunch of tears. Wife called my dad and I wandered in at one point where she told him I was taking it hard. She had no true idea why, and I went back outside.

Because: He had been failing mentally, and it was painful to see such a vibrant and funny person lose it like that. A few month ago he fell getting out of bed, smashed the back of his head.
I never visited him in the hospital. When they moved him back home for hospice, I never went by to see him, I didn't even KNOW he got out of the hospital. I had almost asked my dad the last couple weeks how he was doing, where he was at, but I failed.

Now, I stuck with only memories, and never said goodbye, and really didn't support him with the gift of my time when he probably needed it most
Sorry Wede - it can be tough to visit people who were once strong, but now don't really know who they are (or who you are). Hard to see them like that, and the easiest course is to stay away. I do think they appreciate the visits though, despite their condition.

Regrettably, I believe you will be in this situation again with another relative close to you...just by the odds...look at that as an opportunity to learn from the above and make sure you go visit a few times!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #27
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
look at that as an opportunity to learn from the above and make sure you go visit a few times!
I lack your faith in my character
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #28
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I lack your faith in my character
Maybe your character will surprise yourself...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #29
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Maybe your character will surprise yourself...
Freaking optimist. (probably from hoping, for months on end, that the sun will actually shine again)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #30
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Freaking optimist. (probably from hoping, for months on end, that the sun will actually shine again)
Its true. Winter is at least half the year. We have to be optimistic to survive from SAAD.
Appreciate 0