New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Angry And Then There's This Piece of Shit...

This happened in Deep Ellum (Downtown Dallas)

So this so-called man not only brandished a gun to an unarmed woman, apparently the woman attempted to call 911 based on reports, and the guy slapped her phone out of her hand. She swung and barely grazed the guy and he proceeded to beat the shit out of her.

03-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Haha, what a loser. Carrying a pistol around beating on a woman like he’s playing grand theft auto or some shit.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      03-24-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

That video is so disturbing.
I hope they get him for a hate crime.
Appreciate 1
Lups11819.50
      03-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #4
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
What the hell is wrong with people? Hopefully this guy gets caught.

Side note, that girl can seriously take a punch. Thats not a small dude (hes probably got a tiny penis, but thats another story), a full out hit in the face like that can easily drop someone.
Appreciate 5
Germanauto9665.50
DETRoadster11446.00
Lups11819.50
shay2nak1070.00
Nkc1600.50
      03-24-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Get this.... The fugger was arrested but he's out after posting a very modest bail.

The outrage is growing. The guy was a barber at a nearby shop down there.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Lups11819.50
      03-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
Mingwan
Major
Rep

Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Someone bald should go down to his shop and wear a wig saturated in hair gel and tree sap and ask for a hair cut.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #7
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Man she can take a punch, credit where it's due.
Appreciate 1
Lups11819.50
      03-24-2019, 08:53 PM   #8
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
That video is so disturbing.
I hope they get him for a hate crime.
I agree the video is absolutely disturbing. Where does the hate crime come in though? I'm probably missing some context here?
Appreciate 2
Xx__xs201.00
jmg18493.00
      03-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #9
Ross61
Private
Rep

Drives: 2004 GTO (soon to be an M4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
I agree the video is absolutely disturbing. Where does the hate crime come in though? I'm probably missing some context here?
Because you know - a white person was hitting a black person - dur Now get back in your cell
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:13 AM   #10
svt1998gt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 e90 335i, 2012 X5 M spor

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
Because you know - a white person was hitting a black person - dur Now get back in your cell
It was part of the report that he made racist comments during their argument. just because he is white and she is black doesnt make it a hate crime (in legal terms).

Man that dude is a piece of work, he only had to post a 2000 bail, good thing is that his name is all over the place...Austin Shuffield, hope this dude pays his dues.
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      03-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #11
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Hate Crime. Assault. EVERY charge they can pin on this POS!!!!
      03-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #12
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 230i

He was fired from his job because of this too. Based on the information the Police had at the time of the incident they charged him appropriately; assault with bodily injury, interfering with 911. Bond was a standard bond, as it should have been.

New info has come to light, and if the victim suffered Serious Bodily Injury it will be upgraded by the DA to a felony. Also, he allegedly made racial slurs during the assault, which could raise it to a Hate Crime (felony).
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #13
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Really well for an Asian.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...rking-lot-exit

Waiting for statements from his friends and family saying he's the nicest person they know and would never hurt a fly.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #14
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

glad they took the time to video it and not help her out...

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #15
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
glad they took the time to video it and not help her out...
Yeah let's run up to an intoxicated guy with a gun in his hand/waist and try to break up a fight.... I know what you're getting at but you have to be careful sometimes.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #16
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
...New info has come to light, and if the victim suffered Serious Bodily Injury it will be upgraded by the DA to a felony. Also, he allegedly made racial slurs during the assault, which could raise it to a Hate Crime (felony).
On what planet should that not be a felony, regardless of how serious her injuries were? Aggravated assault and battery with a deadly weapon and they need to make sure the girl was seriously before they upgrade it a felony!?!? Rubbish
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:26 PM   #17
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Brandishing a firearm should also be added.
Let’s be absolutely clear about one thing: your firearm doesn’t give you the authority to take the law into your own hands. It affords you the right and privilege of defending your life from lethal attack. Anything short of that will be construed as threatening someone who has not demonstrated intent to do you harm.
This asshole definitely was definitely not in any harm. If he has a CCP, it should be revoked.
Appreciate 4
shimmy232330.00
Soul_Glo13294.50
shay2nak1070.00
      03-25-2019, 04:27 PM   #18
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie fairmont View Post
On what planet should that not be a felony, regardless of how serious her injuries were? Aggravated assault and battery with a deadly weapon and they need to make sure the girl was seriously before they upgrade it a felony!?!? Rubbish
Texas does not have Battery. We have assault, and it is a felony if there was serious bodily injury.

Quote:
Texas Penal Code

Sec. 22.01. ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;

(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or

(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

(b) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a Class A misdemeanor..

ec. 22.02. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in Sec. 22.01 and the person:

(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or

(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.

Sec. 1.07. DEFINITIONS. (a) In this code:
(46) "Serious bodily injury" means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death, serious permanent disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
Based on the interview with the victim her injuries may not have appeared to be consistent with a serious bodily injury at the time of the arrest. That could certainly be upgraded by the DA, and one local news report mentioned that the police stated that. The seriousness of the injury is part of the elements of the offenses in Texas I understand your emotional reaction, but emotion does not and should not drive the CJ system.

Because of the display of the handgun it will certainly be upgraded to Aggravated Assault. We don't know if the video was made available to the police at the time of the arrest. The victim may not have noticed it or reported it to the police at the time. We do know that the pistol was in the suspect's car when the police impounded it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:29 PM   #19
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Brandishing a firearm should also be added.
Texas does not have a brandishing law.

Quote:
Let’s be absolutely clear about one thing: your firearm doesn’t give you the authority to take the law into your own hands. It affords you the right and privilege of defending your life from lethal attack. Anything short of that will be construed as threatening someone who has not demonstrated intent to do you harm.
Absolutely
Quote:
This asshole definitely was definitely not in any harm. If he has a CCP, it should be revoked.
License to Carry (LTC) in Texas, and it should already be suspended if he is licensed. If convicted it will be revoked.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #20
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie fairmont View Post
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:37 PM   #21
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
So this so-called man not only brandished a gun to an unarmed woman, apparently the woman attempted to call 911 based on reports, and the guy slapped her phone out of her hand. She swung and barely grazed the guy and he proceeded to beat the shit out of her.
Brandished? It's not clear why he held the gun but he did not point it at her (he even held it far from her looking unwilling to apply) and put it away eventually. She didn't appreciate he had hit just the phone (it was a clear "compromise") and chose to ask for more than that. He hoped he would drop her and his ego suffered from the failure.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #22
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Texas does not have Battery. We have assault, and it is a felony if there was serious bodily injury.

Based on the interview with the victim her injuries may not have appeared to be consistent with a serious bodily injury at the time of the arrest. That could certainly be upgraded by the DA, and one local news report mentioned that the police stated that. The seriousness of the injury is part of the elements of the offenses in Texas I understand your emotional reaction, but emotion does not and should not drive the CJ system.

Because of the display of the handgun it will certainly be upgraded to Aggravated Assault. We don't know if the video was made available to the police at the time of the arrest. The victim may not have noticed it or reported it to the police at the time. We do know that the pistol was in the suspect's car when the police impounded it.
I didn't mean to sound emotional, just shocked and amazed. That one can pull a gun on someone, smack them around, and then not be charged with a felony is shocking to me. That wouldn't even fly here in FL If you are saying the DA didn't know a gun was involved, that would explain it. It's equally amazing, but an explanation nonetheless.
Appreciate 0