E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Good clear bra/tint place

08-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #45
alistair
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 ///M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5///M  [0.00]
gum5h03 - have you got yours done yet?
I can't wait to see your tints - I still have no idea what % I want
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #46
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by agalbraith View Post
gum5h03 - have you got yours done yet?
I can't wait to see your tints - I still have no idea what % I want
Getting it done tomorrow --if I can find a ride from Bellevue at 830. Should be done by EOD tomorrow.I'll take pics and post them up here tomorrow night.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #47
darrenbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco Blue Convertible

Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
I'm looking to put on a clear bra and probably tint in a couple of weeks (bonus time). I want to be able to do it all in one-stop shopping fashion (think Fred Meyer). Does anybody have feedback (positive or negative) on any local shops? By local I mean Seattle, Eastside, or the Northend.
Hey Guy ..

Well .. I would HIGHLY suggest you really check the experience of the installer if it's the 3m product your looking for. I had a guy (young 24) VERY nice guy come to my home to install on hood, front bumper, mirrors, door sides, fenders ... he totally SCREWED up the job. I had to pay ANOTHER guy to take it off. The first guy had 1 year experience, the other had 15 years and all the HIGH END dealerships use this guy .. and it was worth it .. I live in MN and this guy is phenomenal .. NOT ONE seam except the one on the hood .. that goes across the top at 18 in or 12 inches. It is VERY important you get someone who knows what they are doing and are GREAT at it.

I am very picky/anal about the car and man, I WISH I had went on experience more the first time, as the guy was as nice as they come, but did not know what he was doing .. (((

Good Luck ..

Loaded Options ..

Darren
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #48
alistair
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Getting it done tomorrow --if I can find a ride from Bellevue at 830. Should be done by EOD tomorrow.I'll take pics and post them up here tomorrow night.
Any pics yet then?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #49
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenbmw View Post
Hey Guy ..

Well .. I would HIGHLY suggest you really check the experience of the installer if it's the 3m product your looking for. I had a guy (young 24) VERY nice guy come to my home to install on hood, front bumper, mirrors, door sides, fenders ... he totally SCREWED up the job. I had to pay ANOTHER guy to take it off. The first guy had 1 year experience, the other had 15 years and all the HIGH END dealerships use this guy .. and it was worth it .. I live in MN and this guy is phenomenal .. NOT ONE seam except the one on the hood .. that goes across the top at 18 in or 12 inches. It is VERY important you get someone who knows what they are doing and are GREAT at it.

I am very picky/anal about the car and man, I WISH I had went on experience more the first time, as the guy was as nice as they come, but did not know what he was doing .. (((

Good Luck ..

Thanks for the advice. I am totally going to look the car up and down when I pick it up and make sure it's up to par.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #50
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Any pics yet then?
Not yet, won't be ready until 5:30 or so tonight. By the way, OMFG the receptionist at that place is freaking HOT!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #51
E92Dutchie
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i Space Grey

Quote:
Not yet, won't be ready until 5:30 or so tonight. By the way, OMFG the receptionist at that place is freaking HOT!
I might see you there, since I'm planning to go there this afternoon after 5 to look at the tints and make an appointment. Just hope the receptionist is still there at that time
      08-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #52
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
of the receptionist!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #53
E92Dutchie
Private
Rep

No kidding about the receptionist... No picture to post, but I'll remember her for a while. Luckily I'll have to go back soon to look at the different tints, since Caleb was busy.
      08-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #54
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

My sis got her ML350 Tint done for full window. It looks real nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #55
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Dutchie View Post
No kidding about the receptionist... No picture to post, but I'll remember her for a while. Luckily I'll have to go back soon to look at the different tints, since Caleb was busy.
LOlZ ...she was something else huh. Dumb blonde and nice 'assets'

Probably the only reason I'd ever go back there again. Just got home with the bimmer - 2 1/2 hours later than they they told me when it was supposed to be ready. I called up at 4 and she said around 5:30, then she called me again at 5:30 and told me it'd be more like 6:15-6:30. I got down there at 10 to six and paid for the installation thinking it would only be a few minutes.

The wife, rugrat and I went down to Arby's to sample some of those new toasted subs while we waited. 6:30 rolls around and no call from the installer so we make our way back. Get there at 6:45 and STILL not done. Talked to the installer and he said another half an hour or so. So by this point my blood is pretty much boiling. I dropped the car off this morning at 8:30. There is NO excuse for not having this done in 10 hours.

Bear in mind that I live in the North-Eastside (just North of Woodinville) and having to "wait it out" in Bellevue with no concrete ETA is very frustrating. So finally at 7:15 the installer rolls my car out of the garage. Tint and clearbra look pretty sharp but I'm still pissed that they made me wait nearly two hours longer than they had originally stated.

After talking with the installer it became apparent that Accutint LOVES to overbook their appointments. What a shitty thing to do to their customers.

I took some pics of the tint and I'll post them here in a minute as soon as I find a USB cable for my camera. It turned out pretty nice and is not ricey looking at all at 18%.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 11:34 PM   #56
alistair
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5///M  [0.00]
Quote:
LOlZ ...she was something else huh. Dumb blonde and nice 'assets'

Probably the only reason I'd ever go back there again. Just got home with the bimmer - 2 1/2 hours later than they they told me when it was supposed to be ready. I called up at 4 and she said around 5:30, then she called me again at 5:30 and told me it'd be more like 6:15-6:30. I got down there at 10 to six and paid for the installation thinking it would only be a few minutes.

The wife, rugrat and I went down to Arby's to sample some of those new toasted subs while we waited. 6:30 rolls around and no call from the installer so we make our way back. Get there at 6:45 and STILL not done. Talked to the installer and he said another half an hour or so. So by this point my blood is pretty much boiling. I dropped the car off this morning at 8:30. There is NO excuse for not having this done in 10 hours.

Bear in mind that I live in the North-Eastside (just North of Woodinville) and having to "wait it out" in Bellevue with no concrete ETA is very frustrating. So finally at 7:15 the installer rolls my car out of the garage. Tint and clearbra look pretty sharp but I'm still pissed that they made me wait nearly two hours longer than they had originally stated.

After talking with the installer it became apparent that Accutint LOVES to overbook their appointments. What a shitty thing to do to their customers.

I took some pics of the tint and I'll post them here in a minute as soon as I find a USB cable for my camera. It turned out pretty nice and is not ricey looking at all at 18%.
Really sorry to hear that they screwed you over timing

Guess we'll wait on the pictures to decide whether they're even worth a return visit!

Hopefully the Arby's was worth it though
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #57
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

The tint turned out very nice. It's a little lighter than what is depicted in the pictures. Clear bra is noticeable but who cares as long as it does its job. BTW the toasted chicken club sandwich is aweome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #58
alistair
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5///M  [0.00]
Looks good!

Any chance of a pic (inside and out) of the dreaded "dots" area? :|

Can't see much of the clear bra, but that's a good thing
What did they cover in the end?

What film was it? (the metallic or the ceramic?)

Will obviously try the club when I take mine in....
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #59
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

Quote:
Looks good!

Any chance of a pic (inside and out) of the dreaded "dots" area? :|

Can't see much of the clear bra, but that's a good thing
What did they cover in the end?

What film was it? (the metallic or the ceramic?)

Will obviously try the club when I take mine in....
I don't have any inside pics because it was starting to get dark and the light was not all that great. It looks really really nice from the inside (minus the moisture bubbles, etc). It has a greenish tint to it looking out.

I have a pic of the hood, you can see the line pretty easily if you look. It'll blend in a bit more in the coming weeks though. They covered my entire front end, up about halfway on the hood, mirrors, doorhandles and I *think*behind the wheelwells but I'm not sure about those.

I got the 18% ceramic film. It has some nice reflective properties to it.

Here are some pics of the .matrix area. The installer said that the first go around they try to lay it down as much as possible but he added that I will need to bring it in to have it done again. After that if it still doesn't lay down they'll put the black vinyl overlays on and block it completely out. It looks pretty bad in the picture but it was only an hour after it was done so it hasn't even begun to set yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #60
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

more...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 12:51 AM   #61
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Looks great! Any other has tint their car yet? The clear bra looks real nice! I am going to make the appointment for my car too, but I got to wait for my car back.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #62
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I called Caleb last week and left a message. Never heard back from him. Do we just call the main number (Bellevue in my case) and schedule the appointment that way?

gum5h03's experience isn't helping matters. I hate when things are done in the promised timeframe. I don't care if it takes 5 hours (tint only), just don't tell me 3 hours and think I'll be happy when it takes 6.....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red

Last edited by scollins; 08-27-2007 at 01:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #63
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep

From what I understand he was or is on vacation. Just call in and talk to the hottie receptionist or whoever. Tell them you're part of the e90post.com group tint and you get 25% off. Hopefully they won't jerk you around like they did me...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #64
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

I am trying to sell my E90 Silver Replica ACS Style Roof Spolier. Please help me out with it. If you or any of your friends are looking for this, please let them know. Thanks! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...01#post1327501
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #65
E92Dutchie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
I called Caleb last week and left a message. Never heard back from him. Do we just call the main number (Bellevue in my case) and schedule the appointment that way?

gum5h03's experience isn't helping matters. I hate when things are done in the promised timeframe. I don't care if it takes 5 hours (tint only), just don't tell me 3 hours and think I'll be happy when it takes 6.....
Same here. I left my contact info with the receptionist, for Caleb to call me back to make an appointment to look at some tints. But I haven't heard back from him yet. If they want my business, they have to do something for it.
      08-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #66
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

He is a really really busy guy. I think he was out the town for last couple weeks. You dont have to wait for Caleb to make your appointment and check up with the tint. You can just call straight to the office and make the appointment with them. And they would be happy to hlp out with it. From Bellevue location, you guys can ask for the Mananger John. He should be able to help out and give a tour to you guys. He is a very nice guy too. But for the Seattle location, I dont really know who you should look for. Sorry! GL~
Appreciate 0