New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

12-28-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Trackir

I installed my new Trackir Pro yesterday and it is fantastic. So far, I've tried it with FS 2020, Forza and Assetto Corsa and it works perfectly. For me, this is the final piece to making sims totally immersible and realistic.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      12-28-2021, 12:38 PM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

The last step before VR?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
BMWGUYinCO4047.50
shiftdnb376.50
      12-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
The last step before VR?
LOL, my thought exactly.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      12-28-2021, 07:54 PM   #4
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
The last step before VR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
LOL, my thought exactly.
I have two monitors.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 10:47 PM   #5
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I have two monitors.
It doesn't matter if you have 4 monitors; once you try proper VR, THAT is the ultimate in total immersion.

In fact, I went from TrackIR to VR and never looked back. Glad you are enjoying the TrackIR - it was a big step up from using a button or key to pan around.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 11:27 PM   #6
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you have 4 monitors; once you try proper VR, THAT is the ultimate in total immersion.

In fact, I went from TrackIR to VR and never looked back. Glad you are enjoying the TrackIR - it was a big step up from using a button or key to pan around.
Whats considered proper VR? I tried a VR sim racing rig at a VR gaming place and it left a lot to be desired. Not sure what they were using since they didn't speak much english, but the game looked a lot like AC and was your standard VR headset.

I also tried one of those full motion rigs with a triple screen and Dirt5. That was pretty cool.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 09:24 AM   #7
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Yeah, I get it.

I also have a fair amount of experience with FPV (goggles) with my RC drones and airplanes. I sit in a chair while flying those machines.

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #8
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Whats considered proper VR? I tried a VR sim racing rig at a VR gaming place and it left a lot to be desired. Not sure what they were using since they didn't speak much english, but the game looked a lot like AC and was your standard VR headset.

I also tried one of those full motion rigs with a triple screen and Dirt5. That was pretty cool.
I could tell you from my own experience with VR at the game DCS that this isnt compareable to any amount of monitors or TrackIR, aside of the real thing.
Hence I could judge this, VR at supporting flight sims are my very first choice.
This requires for sure a powerful workstation, but its worth it.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0